Barclays Premier League Concepts

Deion.Blackwell8

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all very well done, as usual. Chelsea's kits are perfect. I understand the comments on the color of the Chelsea 3rd from some people, but it is unique and could work. I do think that a little black added here and there could make it a little stronger.

Palace kits are great. I like the concept of the navy 3rd...but personally, I would prefer to see a little more variety between the clash and 3rd. That's just a personal preference though. They're both still outstanding designs though.

Everton is nice, a little "safe" but Everton kits are typically like that (with a few notable exceptions of course).

gYH2mW9.png

I think its quite clear that you "get" typical premier league kit design. Your choice of away and thirds tend to stay true to traditions which I like a lot. I have no fears when you get around to creating a concept for the team I support, Tottenham.

Particular shout out to the Everton salmon pink kit. That was very hit and miss when they did it but the people who liked it, loved it.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Hull City

Home: Amber/Black stripes. Black shorts. Amber/Black hooped socks. Simple and classy.

Clash: I thought about doing something a little over the top...but I decided against it. I went with a simple white shirt with black sleeves, and the tiger stripes sublimated into the collar and sleeve cuffs. The black shorts would be first choice but I also gave Hull a white pair of shorts. I really like this kit if I'm being honest.

Third: I was stuck on the third for awhile. I was doing some searching and came across the Kingston upon Hull coat of arms...and I decided to build a kit around it. The coat of arms is used as the crest on the kit as the Hull City crest was really sticking out. I'm interested to see what you guys think of the one.

HullCity.png

C&C

Liverpool will be next.

The home is spot on - nice stripe thickness, no plain back and the always welcome bonus of hooped socks. I'd definitely buy one if I wasn't boycotting stuff with that sponsor on. :P

The away is solid, and puts me a little in mind of a change kit we wore a decade or so ago.

No problem with a blue third - we wore kits similar to this either side of the war in fact, and although the switch from our traditional black and amber wasn't popular blue has been an away colour that's cropped up regularly in recent years. The only thing I'd change would be to knock out the white area inside the loop on the sponsor's logo, and maybe try a white collar for a bit of contrast.

In the real world, there's little chance the club's owners would go with a kit so closely linked with the city's civic identity due to their spat with the City Council, but this is a fantasy concept so never mind them. :D There's a growing sense of civic pride locally at the moment with stuff like winning the City of Culture bid and the Siemens investment, so a kit that draws on Hull's identity is quite topical I suppose.

Anyway, I think you've done a pretty good job with us. :)

Hull...

taavon-swagger-coach-o.gif

Jaffa has summed it up better than I ever could have but I do agree with the loop on the sponsor logo.

Is that sublimated tiger stripes on the away collar?

good job overall. i just do not like the white in the loop on the sponser logo. that should be transparent. i love your template though

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Updated Hull City ^^^

Liverpool

Home: I saw this striping that Liverpool had used for like 5 years back in the 80s...and I obviously decided to bring it back. It's basically combining sublimated stripes and sublimated liver birds to make the pattern. I have a nice white/red collar, and just a bit of white piping on the shirt that continues down to the shorts...this piping is on every kit to give some unity.

Clash: After seeing the clash Liverpool is using in real life for next season, I decided to bring the yellow back. However I went for a brighter shade of the color. Also decided to go with the red pinstripes...plain red collar and cuffs as well. And like I said before...the piping is the same on every kit.

Third: I fancied a green kit for Liverpool...they've used green a few times over the years but not very much. I decided to use navy blue as a complimentary color. This is basically the same as the home.

Liverpool.png

C&C

The champs, Manchester City, will be up next.

I like the third kit, but with the blue it's reminding my too much of Arsenal's old away kit. Could it work with a very dark green in place of the blue, or black even?

You mean the one time that Arsenal have had a green away kit? Green has featured for Liverpool several times.

I do agree with maybe making the Liver bird crest yellow/gold. It is not the end of the world if you don't though. The 96 and 'eternal flame' symbols pretty much have to feature somewhere on the shirts. Where they are on the back under the collar on the real life kits seems like the best place to me. I love the collar design and piping combo you have. Really reminds me of this.

Overall, miles and miles better than what they are actually going to wear for this coming season.

Archived