Orlando Magic to Tampa

TBGKon

Personally, I'd like the NBA to try Louisville. Being on the border of Indiana and Kentucky should make it an easy sell for hoops.

Nah, Cincinnati is where it's at my friend! :D

Cincinnati, where the airport is in another state :D

Off topic, but reminds me of an observation...

Everyone I've ever met that says they're from "Cincinatti", are really from Kentucky. People I've met who are really from Cinicinatti all say they're from "Ohio".

I am from Cincinnati, and I say I am from Ohio more than I say I am from Cincinnati, so your observation is correct, also Cincinnati only has one T and two n's after the first n.

I can tell you this I and the people in the city were POed when we found out that Charlotte was going to get another team, they had there chance and nobody went to the games

Cincinnati is a great basketball town with the bearcats and xavier and all and people have been hungry for the NBA since the royals left.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Cincinnati is a great basketball town with the bearcats and xavier and all and people have been hungry for the NBA since the royals left.

I strongly agree! :notworthy:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Being less than three hours from Cincy, I can agree with the Queen City being a good bball town.

As much as Kentucky is basketball crazy, I'm not so sure pro basketball will work in Louisville. The college ranks (hometown Louisville and ever-popular Kentucky) are very, very powerful around here.

A move from Orlando to Tampa Bay for the Magic would not be a huge stretch. Tampa Bay already has three other pro teams that have all had success in recent years.

Orlando is kind of like Vegas. Nice, big town, but people go there for fun, not sports.

It would be great for the Tampa Bay area to move into the realm of having all 4 major pro sports, but I don't think it will happen.

The Devil Rays have trouble drawing crowds due to the location and atmosphere of "The Trop" in addition to the sustained quality of the teams play.

The area loves the Bucs, and with the Lightning coming off of a Stanley Cup season :woot: I just don't know where that would leave space for an NBA team.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

What is everyone's thoughts on another Bay Area team? This time just throw them over to San Francisco.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

What is everyone's thoughts on another Bay Area team? This time just throw them over to San Francisco.

I'd be all for it, except where would they play in San Fran? Last I checked, the Cow Palace was way below the capacity needed for an NBA team.

I think they should just move the Warriors back to the Shark Tank (permanently) and be done with it.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I'd be all for it, except where would they play in San Fran? Last I checked, the Cow Palace was way below the capacity needed for an NBA team.

They could build a new arena. Infact, I'm quite surprised San Francisco doesn't have a state of the art arena itself.

I think they should just move the Warriors back to the Shark Tank (permanently) and be done with it.

What's the "Shark Tank"?

Retired Number's To Come

That'd be the HP Pavillion (nee Compaq Center of San Jose nee San Jose Arena). The Worriers played a season there whilst the Oakland Alameda County Masoleum Arena was being rebuilt a couple years ago.

As for the Magic-to-Tampa thing, don't even count on it. Bill Davidson, who's 206 years old by the way (thank you Monty Python's Flying Circus "Mr. Neutron" episode and Keith Olbermann), owns the St. Pete Times Forum (The Tampa Tribune still refers to it by its' old name, The Ice Palace, under orders of Media General, owners of the paper after the Times' owners bought the naming rights), and lest we forget, he also owns the Detroit Pistons. So the Central Florida DeVols would have to play somewhere else if a new arena is built where TDWaterhouse Centre is standing. Hello, Tropicana Field?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived