Uniforms You Associate With One Game or Moment

Squall Hammer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Sox' pullover jersey and beltless pants were, in hindsight, totally wrong for that team. (Though the hat was nice, and complemented the uniform much better than the traditional blue cap that they first used when they brought in the pullovers.)

Thinking of that uni now reminds me of Rice, Lynn, Yaz, Fisk, the Spaceman, and Tiant; but mainly of two moments:

da2538ac877f943d8a4d3c61cc2aa4ba.jpgbucky-dnet.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1997 Edgar Renteria Single:

1997.marlinsap.jpg

100811-craig-counsell-1997.jpg

1993 Inaugural game vs. Dodgers:

MALL-SPT_-_MARLINS_1993.BIN.JPG

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Robin Yount's 3,000th hit

yount-robin-running.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Super-Bowl-XXXIV.jpg

I agree with this one, though I also associate the Titans' navy home uniforms with the Music City Miracle, as well as with Super Bowl XXXIV. At the time, I liked the choice to make the powder blue alternates the primary home uniforms because I've always liked powder blue, but now I find myself missing the navy jerseys, and I think that's because they were worn during the team's most significant moments (at least since moving to Tennessee).

12555044613_7e41512278_o.png

Archived