Uniforms You Associate With One Game or Moment

Squall Hammer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Sox' pullover jersey and beltless pants were, in hindsight, totally wrong for that team. (Though the hat was nice, and complemented the uniform much better than the traditional blue cap that they first used when they brought in the pullovers.)

Thinking of that uni now reminds me of Rice, Lynn, Yaz, Fisk, the Spaceman, and Tiant; but mainly of two moments:

da2538ac877f943d8a4d3c61cc2aa4ba.jpgbucky-dnet.jpg

That reminds me of the 1975 World Series and Fisk's "Miracle at Fenway".

That's exactly what that first shot is -- Fisk's home run in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. I had intended to get a shot of him waving his arms on the way to first base; but all of those shots were in black-and-white. This was the best colour shot of that event that I could find.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

GretzkyBlues90292424.jpg

I associate these jerseys with Gretzky and the 96 playoff run, losing Grant Fuhr, and losing in double OT game 7 to Detroit. I consider this the beginning of my Blues fandom. 18 years later the Blues are as frustrating as ever.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The Red Sox' pullover jersey and beltless pants were, in hindsight, totally wrong for that team. (Though the hat was nice, and complemented the uniform much better than the traditional blue cap that they first used when they brought in the pullovers.)

Thinking of that uni now reminds me of Rice, Lynn, Yaz, Fisk, the Spaceman, and Tiant; but mainly of two moments:

That's exactly what that first shot is -- Fisk's home run in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. I had intended to get a shot of him waving his arms on the way to first base; but all of those shots were in black-and-white. This was the best colour shot of that event that I could find.

OK. The 04 D-Backs unis remind me of Randy Johnson's perfect game.

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

Orioles in black script always reminds me of Cal Ripken Jr. and 2131.

mlb_camden02_340.jpg

I also associate it with the 1996 and 1997 playoff runs, so it isn't just associated with one moment for me.

That said, it pains me that this moment and two pretty good seasons are associated with a look that I have never liked. To me, the Orioles should always have orange script, numbers and NOB.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Orioles in black script always reminds me of Cal Ripken Jr. and 2131.

mlb_camden02_340.jpg

To me, the Orioles should always have orange script, numbers and NOB.

I don't know. The orange outline of the black wordmark makes the mark sort of "glow" orange. And the fact that the orange-on-black number and the black-on-orange wordmark are rendered in opposite ways makes the orange of the number pop even more.

So I'd say that this arrangment in some weird way emphasises the orange, despite the fact that there is less orange showing than would be if the wordmark were orange-on-black.

These uniforms were before my time and the pine tar game is really the only thing I associate with them.

mlbf_904363_th_13.jpg

I associate them with the very brief but still awesome Bo Jackson era, even though that was filled with many moments.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

los-angeles-clippers-VS-memphis-grizzlie

Clippers epic comeback against the Grizzlies in '12. This was only the 2nd year of this set in addition the being Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin's first playoff game and CP3's first w/ LAC

on a side note it seems as though the road red has lost favor because they have been wearing the blue set more often this yr

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Another one: the 1996-2004 Utah Jazz uniforms with the 1997 and 1998 Finals. Distinctive uniforms with a distinctive color scheme now seen as a representation of the style of uniforms from that period. The Jazz reached their greatest heights while wearing those uniforms, and when I see them, I'm always going to think of them falling just short to Michael Jordan two years in a row.

Jordan%20over%20Russell%201998.jpg

The "boxy" look that was the 1997-98 Chicago Bulls.

No it isn't. The lighting is all wrong. Fisk's home run happened well after midnight when the stadium lights would be on and there is no reflection of said lights from Fisk's helmet, nor are there the proper shadows which would also be present is the shot was taken during that Game 6 at bat by Fisk. In fact this shot was clearly taken during the early innings of one of the games most likely game 7 which was played under cloudy skies.

No it isn't. The lighting is all wrong. Fisk's home run happened well after midnight when the stadium lights would be on and there is no reflection of said lights from Fisk's helmet, nor are there the proper shadows which would also be present is the shot was taken during that Game 6 at bat by Fisk. In fact this shot was clearly taken during the early innings of one of the games most likely game 7 which was played under cloudy skies.

Oops! Right you are. Also, it appears that the pitcher in that shot is a lefty; whereas Pat Darcy, who gave up Fisk's shot, is a righty.

So let me substitute this animated gif:

tumblr_m1fmebC6hk1qci7aeo1_500.gif

(I don't know how I missed this shot in my previous search.)

Oops! Right you are. Also, it appears that the pitcher in that shot is a lefty; whereas Pat Darcy, who gave up Fisk's shot, is a righty.

So let me substitute this animated gif:

tumblr_m1fmebC6hk1qci7aeo1_500.gif

(I don't know how I missed this shot in my previous search.)

Now whereas,I think of those aways with Bill Buckner's error in the 1986 World Series and the 1986 ALCS.

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

When most of us think of the Glanville-era Falcons uniforms, we normally associate it with Deion Sanders. However, everytime I think of those uniforms I always think about the game when the Falcons traveled to San Francisco to face the Deion Sanders 49ers. During the 2nd quarter, Deion and Andre Rison where matched up and a fight broke out. That fight is forever lock in my mind.

Archived