Uniforms You Associate With One Game or Moment

Squall Hammer

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

When most of us think of the Glanville-era Falcons uniforms, we normally associate it with Deion Sanders. However, everytime I think of those uniforms I always think about the game when the Falcons traveled to San Francisco to face the Deion Sanders 49ers. During the 2nd quarter, Deion and Andre Rison where matched up and a fight broke out. That fight is forever lock in my mind.

Christ. Since when have the 49ers worn white jerseys at home? Answer: NEVER. Seriously even the most BASIC research would show that the game you are bleating about was played in ATLANTA GEORGIA at the GEORGIADOME which means it was NOT played at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. I mean how the fu ck could you miss that gargantuan RED and BLACK sign behind the 49ers which says HOME OF THE FALCONS!!!!!!!!

Christ. For a bunch of people who throw collectives spazzes over the supposed slightest uni difference between two players on the same team, "O NOES!!!!! (Insert player) shoulder stripes aren't the same thickness as (insert player) THE WORLD IS RUINED FORVERZZZZZS!!!!!" you let this major fu ck up slide right on by. Really?

Shame on y'all.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

When most of us think of the Glanville-era Falcons uniforms, we normally associate it with Deion Sanders. However, everytime I think of those uniforms I always think about the game when the Falcons traveled to San Francisco to face the Deion Sanders 49ers. During the 2nd quarter, Deion and Andre Rison where matched up and a fight broke out. That fight is forever lock in my mind.

Christ. Since when have the 49ers worn white jerseys at home? Answer: NEVER. Seriously even the most BASIC research would show that the game you are bleating about was played in ATLANTA GEORGIA at the GEORGIADOME which means it was NOT played at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. I mean how the fu ck could you miss that gargantuan RED and BLACK sign behind the 49ers which says HOME OF THE FALCONS!!!!!!!!

Christ. For a bunch of people who throw collectives spazzes over the supposed slightest uni difference between two players on the same team, "O NOES!!!!! (Insert player) shoulder stripes aren't the same thickness as (insert player) THE WORLD IS RUINED FORVERZZZZZS!!!!!" you let this major fu ck up slide right on by. Really?

Shame on y'all.

Calm down. I think you need some psychiatric help.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The Red Sox' pullover jersey and beltless pants were, in hindsight, totally wrong for that team. (Though the hat was nice, and complemented the uniform much better than the traditional blue cap that they first used when they brought in the pullovers.)

Thinking of that uni now reminds me of Rice, Lynn, Yaz, Fisk, the Spaceman, and Tiant; but mainly of two moments:

da2538ac877f943d8a4d3c61cc2aa4ba.jpgbucky-dnet.jpg

That reminds me of the 1975 World Series and Fisk's "Miracle at Fenway".

That's exactly what that first shot is -- Fisk's home run in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. I had intended to get a shot of him waving his arms on the way to first base; but all of those shots were in black-and-white. This was the best colour shot of that event that I could find.

No it isn't. The lighting is all wrong. Fisk's home run happened well after midnight when the stadium lights would be on and there is no reflection of said lights from Fisk's helmet, nor are there the proper shadows which would also be present is the shot was taken during that Game 6 at bat by Fisk. In fact this shot was clearly taken during the early innings of one of the games most likely game 7 which was played under cloudy skies.

Oops! Right you are. Also, it appears that the pitcher in that shot is a lefty; whereas Pat Darcy, who gave up Fisk's shot, is a righty.

So let me substitute this animated gif:

tumblr_m1fmebC6hk1qci7aeo1_500.gif

(I don't know how I missed this shot in my previous search.)

Now whereas,I think of those aways with Bill Buckner's error in the 1986 World Series and the 1986 ALCS.

The Red Sox weren't wearing those unis in 1986. In fact, the game with the Bucky Dent home run, shown in the photo to the right of the erroneous Fisk photo, is the last game they played in the pullovers and beltless pants. In 1979 they went back to their traditional home uniforms, with the very plain road set:

dave-henderson51763820.jpg

ny_a_buckner_576.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

Shame on y'all.

What's the over/under on this guy getting banned? A week? Anyone want to make a pool?

What's the over/under on this guy getting banned? A week? Anyone want to make a pool?

It takes a while to get the medications balanced just right. Hopefully the doctors figure it out before he gets banned.

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

Shame on y'all.

Wow. Someone has a lot of passion about whether the game was at home or away.

Another one: the 1996-2004 Utah Jazz uniforms with the 1997 and 1998 Finals. Distinctive uniforms with a distinctive color scheme now seen as a representation of the style of uniforms from that period. The Jazz reached their greatest heights while wearing those uniforms, and when I see them, I'm always going to think of them falling just short to Michael Jordan two years in a row.

Jordan%20over%20Russell%201998.jpg

The "boxy" look that was the 1997-98 Chicago Bulls.
My favorite basketball uniform of all time.

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

Shame on y'all.

what is your purpose here? I want to say you are a troll, but I also think you could just have anger issues and need :censored:ing professional help

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

Shame on y'all.

what is your purpose here? I want to say you are a troll, but I also think you could just have anger issues and need :censored:ing professional help

He needs more than professional help, he needs to be in an insane asylum.

Along the same lines as the Sixers/Iverson jersey a few posts back, whenever I see this Magic jersey I automatically associate it with Tracy McGrady (and mediocre Magic seasons). Back when everyone was debating who was better, T-Mac or Kobe (dont believe me look it up).

20121222112055993.jpg

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Another one: the 1996-2004 Utah Jazz uniforms with the 1997 and 1998 Finals. Distinctive uniforms with a distinctive color scheme now seen as a representation of the style of uniforms from that period. The Jazz reached their greatest heights while wearing those uniforms, and when I see them, I'm always going to think of them falling just short to Michael Jordan two years in a row.

Jazz or the Bulls?

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

SORRY, I guess the game was played in Atlanta. This was a long time ago. I just remember watching the game with my father since his team was on a bye and it was nice to have him home before he left for Kansas City for next week's game.

slideshow_245012_11.jpg

A lot of folks here dis the drop shadow numbers of the 90s, but I love them and I really dug the 49'ers uniforms of this era.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Jazz or the Bulls?

Bulls

The previous version of the uniform (when it had a 1-color NOB and screen-printed wordmarks and numbers) also had some great moments, like "The Shot" over Craig Ehlo in the 1989 Playoffs:

The-Shot-vs-Cavaliers-michael-jordan-885

Also, you could say I associate the wannabe-Knicks look for the Cavs with this moment too.

Of course the Bulls won their first 2 titles wearing whatever you tried to post.

Archived