Favorite non-sports logo?

Critical Thinker

What's your favorite logo that's not for a sports team?

Mine is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

aa6214.jpg

It's an elevation drawing of the building from the front, but it's also drawn as the neck of a guitar in perspective. This was a great concept executed very well, in my opinion. What do you all think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knight Transportation.

I love the usage of negative space to create a knight and his horse within the K. Bonus points for looking like a sports logo. This would look absolutely sick on the side of a football helmet.

Actually, now that I think about it, Rutgers should just pay these guys a licensing fee and use this.

3799100908_8b7212934c_o.jpg

Knight Transportation.

I love the usage of negative space to create a knight and his horse within the K. Bonus points for looking like a sports logo. This would look absolutely sick on the side of a football helmet.

Actually, now that I think about it, Rutgers should just pay these guys a licensing fee and use this.

3799100908_8b7212934c_o.jpg

I have always liked this one too see it about everyday on my way to work

Wow, this is a harder question to answer than I thought it would be. I'll probably have to give it more thought, but recently I've come to appreciate the Starbucks logo. I wouldn't call it a favorite, but the wavy line design is weirdly hypnotic.

• 1 month later...

Probably the Super Nintendo logo:

256px-Bsnes_logo_%28Super_Famicom_deriva

Basically sums up my life between 1991-1996. I love it so much I had it tattooed on my arm a couple of weeks ago...

Similarly, the N64 logo pretty much sums my life up from 1997-2002. A lot of fond memories associated with that console and logo - hence the 64 in my username - but I have to draw the line at tattoos :P

110px-Nintendo_64_Logo.svg.png

One logo I really like - both for the nostalgia value and from a design standpoint, is that of the Nintendo GameCube.

185px-Gamecube.jpg

Probably the Super Nintendo logo:

256px-Bsnes_logo_%28Super_Famicom_deriva

Basically sums up my life between 1991-1996. I love it so much I had it tattooed on my arm a couple of weeks ago...

Similarly, the N64 logo pretty much sums my life up from 1997-2002. A lot of fond memories associated with that console and logo - hence the 64 in my username - but I have to draw the line at tattoos :P

110px-Nintendo_64_Logo.svg.png

One logo I really like - both for the nostalgia value and from a design standpoint, is that of the Nintendo GameCube.

185px-Gamecube.jpg

Just the other day I realized that the silver portion formed the G, creating a C in the negative. One of my favorite logos as well

Archived