2014-15 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

The Hitmen have been wearing the black and pink throwbacks a lot so far in the season, but I think they're trying to get a fair use out of them before the jerseys switch over.

The Hitmen normally use the Senators template but with stripes on the arm. So I hope the black and pink stays on as an alternate at the very least, because the fans like it and it's a unique jersey set with history that's ties to the team.

That right there is reason enough, in my mind, that they should just make it the primary look.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not logo or jersey news, yet, but the Plymouth Whalers are apparently looking to move, and Chatham is the likely destination.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/12-09-2014/908/plymouth-whalers-on-the-move-from-ohl?

I'm from Chatham, and our arena is not the greatest, it only seats like maybe 4500, and it's bench seats too, heck it makes the Oilers arena look more brand new. unless the owner of the whalers can take a big chunk of his money in building a new arena in my town then I'm all for it. However there is word that they move the team to Flint, and they just use Chatham as the way for the OHL to realize that they need to do something in order to keep the US market. That's my opinion.

Not logo or jersey news, yet, but the Plymouth Whalers are apparently looking to move, and Chatham is the likely destination.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/12-09-2014/908/plymouth-whalers-on-the-move-from-ohl?

So Ponytail Pete will have the blood of two Whalers franchises on his hands.

Any bets on whether or not the team will be renamed the "Chatham Hurricanes"?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

So a question on that... I know there used to be the Detroit Jr. Red Wings who had the same logo and jerseys as the NHL Red Wings, if this does happen would the NHL step in and say no to calling them the Hurricanes if Karmanos did this (assuming he would use the same colours and logo or version of it)? He does own the team and name... or does the NHL keep all their naming rights to themselves? I know a few years ago the Victoria Salmon Kings had to change their logo as the LA Kings had issue with the name "Kings" being on the jersey. I know that is a different situation but since Karmanos does own the team could he do that?

So a question on that... I know there used to be the Detroit Jr. Red Wings who had the same logo and jerseys as the NHL Red Wings, if this does happen would the NHL step in and say no to calling them the Hurricanes if Karmanos did this (assuming he would use the same colours and logo or version of it)? He does own the team and name... or does the NHL keep all their naming rights to themselves? I know a few years ago the Victoria Salmon Kings had to change their logo as the LA Kings had issue with the name "Kings" being on the jersey. I know that is a different situation but since Karmanos does own the team could he do that?

There wouldn't be anything stopping Chatham from being the Hurricanes simply because an NHL team is named that. However, there is a rule that no 2 CHL teams can have the same name and because Lethbridge is already the Hurricanes, that name would not be an option for Chatham.

(This should be it's own topic, btw. Lots of posts to be had about CHL teams moving/ownership issues without clogging up a uniform/logo thread.)

That "Chatham Hurricanes" line was a joke, considering what the Hartford Whalers became.

I know there's already a "Hurricanes" in Lethbridge.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Another non-logo related news, but potential future news:

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/12-16-2014/916/another-american-ohl-club-on-the-move

Seems the Erie Otters are looking to move to Hamilton, ON. Strange story (I'm a CHL noob, so I have very little knowledge on the wheelings and dealings up north), seems the owner has looked to relocate for some time, and even recieved a loan from the Oilers in order to do so. However, it was never done, and the Oilers are now suing because of it. But the owner doesn't think the team can survive in its current home, and wants to migrate north to Hamilton, where the AHL Bulldogs may be moving, closer to parent club Montreal (Quebec City???).

Anyway, lots of drama, and potential rebrand in the future

I don't think Quebec City will take an AHL when they are in the conversation for an NHL team, especially if it's the AHL team of the Canadiens.

I also don't think Hamilton is a viable or big enough market for two major hockey teams, so I don't think an OHL team could work unless the Bulldogs move out.

But if Erie does move to Hamilton, bring back the Hamilton Fincups.

IbjBaeE.png

Quebec already had a AHL team called the Citadels that was Montreal's farm team before they moved and merged with Hamilton after a couple of years. The Remparts seem to do pretty well attendance wise, so I don't think "upgrading" to an AHL team is necessary to fill the new arena.

Quebec already had a AHL team called the Citadels that was Montreal's farm team before they moved and merged with Hamilton after a couple of years. The Remparts seem to do pretty well attendance wise, so I don't think "upgrading" to an AHL team is necessary to fill the new arena.

Quebecor recently purchased the Ramparts and until an NHL team calls that arena home, the Ramparts will be playing there.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/quebecor-buying-the-qmjhls-remparts-reports/article21810458/

Erie recently upgraded their arena too, so there might be some struggle to move but I've heard about this too.

Essentially, the rumor is that Hamilton would build a smaller arena (about 5,000 seats) across the street from Copps on the site of a now closed school.

Once the Bulldogs move, Copps will be converted. Probably to extend the hall area next door that hosts the farmers market and I believe the library.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Is it off the table completely? I didn't realize it was.

I don't think it is, especially in the OHL. Seems like teams up and move at a moment's notice.

I hope they stay in Erie. I like having a few small market American teams around the rust-belt in the OHL. Erie, Saginaw. To me, having a team out in the middle of an office park in Plymouth was always a bad idea. I'd say Flint would be a better choice, but Chatham does need a team as does Brantford.

sig.png

I don't think it is, especially in the OHL. Seems like teams up and move at a moment's notice.

To me, having a team out in the middle of an office park in Plymouth was always a bad idea.

The rumour swirling around this area, from a source who I'd describe as pretty in-the-loop, is that the Whalers are gone after this season, and the USA National Development Team Program will move from Ann Arbor to Compuware to fill the vacancy the Whalers leave. The USANDTP contract with the A2Ice3 is up at the end of this year.

I hope they stay in Erie. I like having a few small market American teams around the rust-belt in the OHL. Erie, Saginaw. To me, having a team out in the middle of an office park in Plymouth was always a bad idea. I'd say Flint would be a better choice, but Chatham does need a team as does Brantford.

Funny you mention that office park. The company I work for just bought a building in said office park. I drove down with the president to check out the space the other day.

Essentially, the rumor is that Hamilton would build a smaller arena (about 5,000 seats) across the street from Copps on the site of a now closed school.

I didn't know Rahm Emanuel was the mayor of two cities!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived