NCAA Basketball Custom Courts (2014-15)

jmd832

jmd, I think instead of making new concepts, I think you should start to clean up the previous ones. Take the critiques, and go one by one until they're all closer to perfection. A lot of these have good potential, but anyone can come on these boards, throw stuff on basketball courts, and call it a concept. I say just take some time and update some of the older ones. I do like some of these, but I think it'd be best to work on perfecting them one at a time. So I say just make a list of all the ones you've done, then go one by one, listen to the C&C, and more importantly apply the C&C as well, and you'll have a much better thread here.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Virginia Mountaineers:

- Jerry West signature (played for and led WVU to their only National Championship game appearance (1959))

- Coal-colored sidelines, baselines, and area between the key and the three-point line

- West Virginia alternate logo at center court

I like this for the most part. I'm a huge WVU fan. Just a couple things though:

First thing: where did you find that 'alternate' logo? I've never seen that before. If you were going to use an alternate logo, I would've used the one of the mountaineer.

Second thing: The West Virginia wordmark on the baselines, I would make them a bit bigger and a lil easier to read.

Other than that, this is a pretty cool court.

If only their was a sports logos database that was closely related with this forum.

Oh wait, http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/90736622002/West_Virginia_Mountaineers/2002/Misc_Logo

I thank you for bringing that to my attention. I guess I should've looked it up on the database but I didn't, lol. Guess I figured I've seen all the logos WVU had up to this point and didn't bother checking. So kudos to you, my friend. :notworthy:

Sportswizard1983_zps7xai8yfc-2.png.d2f11

WVU.png.22664ef4e86d8f821acb84b9014bce7a

JC91utQ.png.70fdf0119fd81850ce7b9dfce1702016 Orioles: 5-0, 1st in AL East

- Jerry West signature (played for and led WVU to their only National Championship game appearance (1959))

- Coal-colored sidelines, baselines, and area between the key and the three-point line

First thing: where did you find that 'alternate' logo? I've never seen that before. If you were going to use an alternate logo, I would've used the one of the mountaineer.

Second thing: The West Virginia wordmark on the baselines, I would make them a bit bigger and a lil easier to read.

If only their was a sports logos database that was closely related with this forum.

Oh wait, http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/90736622002/West_Virginia_Mountaineers/2002/Misc_Logo

I thank you for bringing that to my attention. I guess I should've looked it up on the database but I didn't, lol. Guess I figured I've seen all the logos WVU had up to this point and didn't bother checking. So kudos to you, my friend. :notworthy:

But it's a youth logo, not meant to be used outside of advertising to kids, so you would never see it on a basketball court

But it's a youth logo, not meant to be used outside of advertising to kids, so you would never see it on a basketball court

Yeah, that thing is too cute and fluffy to be used on a court.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Yeah, that thing is too cute and fluffy to be used on a court.

Noah Oppenheimer

This is just pathetic. Each court just got worse and worse and worse. And when people tried to tell you why they sucked completely, you started arguing like a 5 year old would. Your arguments were not even remotely well rounded, nor necessary. If you are going to try and start crap with people on this forum who have experience in concept art, at least have the design abilities to back it up. The only semi decent looking court you have on here is Miami, FL. And it was still lacking.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

St. John's Red Storm:

53mkj9.jpg

- St. John's primary logo over the New York City 'Big Apple' logo.

- Madison Square Garden 'MSG' logo.

- New York City skyline across the sidelines.

- Lou Carnesecca signature.

This Big Apple court contains too much MSG.

Nice idea but shrink the words on the court and it will look better.

87Redskins.png

North Carolina Tar Heels (Revised):

r1hogj.jpg

- Air Jordan logo in the lane as a tribute to MJ's days at UNC.

- Old Well at the center of the bottom sideline separating 'Our State' and 'Our Game'

- Tar Heel foot logos across the bottom sideline

- 'Hark The Sound' across the baselines

- Triple-stroked lines

- New ACC logo

Just figured out why the courts are so pixelated: The problem is that the hosting site, Tinypic, is shrinking the courts to where it's all pixelated. You might need to zoom in on your web browser.

Florida State Seminoles (Revised):

90djix.jpg

- maroon/tan/maroon/tan/maroon stroked three-point line.

- Spears across the timelime.

(You will need to zoom in on your browser to view the court clearly)

Wouldn't that three point line be illegal? Otherwise pretty nice IMO, but what does a timeline have to do with basketball?

I think meant half-court line. A time line is something used to depict history

And these 3 point lines would be illegal

To be fair, some announcers call it a timeline, because a team has 10 seconds to cross it.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Wouldn't that three point line be illegal? Otherwise pretty nice IMO, but what does a timeline have to do with basketball?

I think meant half-court line. A time line is something used to depict history

And these 3 point lines would be illegal

To be fair, some announcers call it a timeline, because a team has 10 seconds to cross it.

Fair enough, but the 3-point line is still illegal.

Noah Oppenheimer

Archived