NCAA Basketball Custom Courts (2014-15)

jmd832

Wouldn't that three point line be illegal? Otherwise pretty nice IMO, but what does a timeline have to do with basketball?

I think meant half-court line. A time line is something used to depict history

And these 3 point lines would be illegal

To be fair, some announcers call it a timeline, because a team has 10 seconds to cross it.

Fair enough, but the 3-point line is still illegal.

No argument there.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern Illinois Salukis:

2u76lqo.jpg

- 3 pyramids (2 along the baselines and 1 on top of the bottom sideline)

Maybe 1 pyramid beind the SIU logo and the Valley logo in the lane.

This is one of the worst courts anyway. The pyramids would look like scratches and it would be hard to tell where the arc is plus the court is so bland until you get to the red logo which would really stick out.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

San Diego State Aztecs:

2v9cg1x.jpg

- Aztec fabric patterns in the lanes

- Steve Fisher signature

- The name of the font for 'San Diego State' and 'Steve Fisher Court' is MontezumaAncient.

UP NEXT:

Toledo (Star Wars-inspired court)

Hawaii (Will make references to the Hawaiians popularizing surfing)

Kansas (Wizard Of Oz references such as a gloss yellow brick road sideline mixed in with 'The Phog' references)

Cal-Davis

New Orleans

UNC-Wilmington (Cape Fear skyline court)

Seton Hall

Austin Peay (Tuxedo lane)

Texas (The primary logo will be outlined with Texas Ranger (not the MLB team) stars)

Oklahoma

San Diego State Aztecs:

2v9cg1x.jpg

- Aztec fabric patterns in the lanes

- Steve Fisher signature

- The name of the font for 'San Diego State' and 'Steve Fisher Court' is MontezumaAncient.

UP NEXT:

Toledo (Star Wars-inspired court)

Hawaii (Will make references to the Hawaiians popularizing surfing)

Kansas (Wizard Of Oz references such as a gloss yellow brick road sideline mixed in with 'The Phog' references)

Cal-Davis

New Orleans

UNC-Wilmington (Cape Fear skyline court)

Seton Hall

Austin Peay (Tuxedo lane)

Texas (The primary logo will be outlined with Texas Ranger (not the MLB team) stars)

Oklahoma

Text is WAY too hard to read

jmd, I think instead of making new concepts, I think you should start to clean up the previous ones. Take the critiques, and go one by one until they're all closer to perfection. A lot of these have good potential, but anyone can come on these boards, throw stuff on basketball courts, and call it a concept. I say just take some time and update some of the older ones. I do like some of these, but I think it'd be best to work on perfecting them one at a time. So I say just make a list of all the ones you've done, then go one by one, listen to the C&C, and more importantly apply the C&C as well, and you'll have a much better thread here.

I'm just gonna go ahead and quote my own comment, just to repeat myself to say that ^^^this^^^ is what we all want more than new concepts. Revise the old ones.

What is the point of this thread? If you want to simple post work and tell people what it is, that' would be better posted on a tumblr or blog. That's not the point of the concepts forum. "Concepts" is to create and perfect, not to throw something against a wall and when people tell you what can be improved, ignore them.

If you want to keep posting these, I'd suggest you begin listening to the experienced posters who give you advice, not excuse and explain away everything that is suggested.

What is the point of this thread? If you want to simple post work and tell people what it is, that' would be better posted on a tumblr or blog. That's not the point of the concepts forum. "Concepts" is to create and perfect, not to throw something against a wall and when people tell you what can be improved, ignore them.

If you want to keep posting these, I'd suggest you begin listening to the experienced posters who give you advice, not excuse and explain away everything that is suggested.

And even the inexperienced posters. Of course you can't listen to every bit of CandC, but you need to take SOME, especially when multiple people say the same thing. So either listen or stop spamming the forum.

As for the Rocket court, get rid of the stars/sunbursts and maybe Darken the wood a bit, there is too much contract between the wood and black outside.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

• 3 weeks later...

All of your courts have been fabricated, non realistic, over designed, pattern filled garbage that make no sense. None of this would ever fly in real life, nor would anyone be able to look at these for more than 5 seconds without it hurting.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Center court logo isn't centered

Unfortunately it is centered, the logo doesn't look right at all with the spear coming out farther than the back.

You have to take steps back from what you're doing and question if it can be realistic. If the design can fit the team. If the design can be seen without causing a headache or confusion. And a lot of the times the script can't be read. Keep in mind on a lot of designs less is more.

Archived