(probably)notabandwagonfan

Hand drawn MLB concepts (Question on Converting to Photoshop)

I was thinking, instead of their current alt that is almost identical to the road, why not have something that could be used at home and on the road that isn't a royal blue jersey. The powder blue is taken from the Brooklyn dodgers uniforms from the forties I believe. With the Rockies bringing back their awful vests, I thought if a vest is well tailored they could actually look pretty good, like the a's did a couple of years ago. The number font needs to be fixed, but any c&c?
image_zpsafadd436.jpg

For the Dodgers, I'd eliminate the sleeve stripes. And I'd go with the second logo for the Reds secondary.

I like how you have full-body uniform templates and I really like the Mr. Redlegs logo. Well done!

Since I'm not getting any other responses I went ahead and finished the Reds

image_zpsb58130f0.jpg

I'm going to be working with a lot of teams, whether it be a full set like the Reds, or one uniform like the dodgers or this

image_zps90517da5.jpg

The next full set I'm doing is the Rangers, here is the workmarks and color scheme options

image_zps1f756eaf.jpg

Cincinnati's ain't that bad and so are the Cubs and the Giants.

For the Rangers, I'd probably go with color scheme 1. Or maybe if you're going with something more Western, then maybe 3 would work.

I'm actually surprised that not a lotta people are commenting on this thread. You got some really epic concepts on here!

Well, even though no one else responded, I finished the Rangers full set. I finally settled the red or blue by dropping the red, and adding a darker, Brewer like gold. The logo is based off of their first logo. I subtly changed the cap logo, making the ends of the t slightly more slanted. The piping around the neck and sleeves are my intentions of giving the Rangers a more old western feel, and is suppose to imitate barbed wire, while the script is based off the 80's script.

image_zpsf97cdeb9.jpg

image_zpsd5b70831.jpg

Not bad! I like how you went Western with this one, especially the cowboy hat. Well done!

Alright, thanks TheGiantsFan and Scoffingyayap. I don't know when I'll post again, maybe a couple of days, or a couple of weeks, or a couple of months, but my next team is the Rockies. I have several options for their color scheme and that is about all that's going for me right now with them.

1. Purple, bright gold, silver

2. Purple bight gold

3 purple, silver

4. Purple, black

5. Purple, black, silver (their current)

Everyone keeps the Rockies in purple. I would like to see some navy blue and even some green in their colors.

Like the Seahawks scheme?

That could work, though use a much more muted green than the Seahawks.

No more blue in the MLB, please. I would go with purple and metallic silver, and I would really push purple.