Hand drawn MLB concepts (Question on Converting to Photoshop)

Alright. I finished the uniforms, but I'm still trying to work out how to fit Colorado and Rockies in a mountain.

image_zpsefb67b4f.jpg

Fairly straightforward. Basically an update of their current set, with the addition of light blue and the removal of black. I felt that the light blue added a sky like effect and as I was going through photos of the Rocky Mountains, the blue sky seemed to always have a place. The light blue vest would replace the current black vest, and would be used SPARINGLY. Probably no more than ten games. The purple alt can be worn at home and on the road. I'll post a clearer view of the workmarks along with the logo.

image_zps6535ffe8.jpg

The BP Jersey. This is going to be a hit and (most likely) a miss. I was inspired by David's combination of eras here who created a similar cap. The blue would be like the sky I mentioned previously. The jersey is off of the TATC jersey, and would be using the current BP template (which is why there are the armpit colors) I was also inspired from the Nuggets current alt, which is why the number is placed at the top of the jersey.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking past the inherent imperfections of hand drawn work, I dig it!

I might take coloration cues from you and do my own re-work.

Are these the hats that inspired yours?

I also cooked up a similar jersey to yours before I joined these boards. I'll post it in this thread if you like.

Looking past the inherent imperfections of hand drawn work, I dig it!

I might take coloration cues from you and do my own re-work.

Are these the hats that inspired yours?

I also cooked up a similar jersey to yours before I joined these boards. I'll post it in this thread if you like.

Yes that was it. I'll edit my original post to give David credit. I'd also love to see yours.

• 2 weeks later...

EXPANSION TEAM! In my world, Major League Baseball expands to 32 teams, and Montreal and Portland both get a team. So here are the logos for the Portland Loggers. The primary colors are orange (Oregon State) and green (Oregon) with the brown (the color of the axe) handle and silver/grey (the axe). I chose Portland from a pool of New Orleans, Vancouver, and Charlotte, and decided on Portland because of their location and the fact having two Canadian expansion teams would be unfair to the states (yeah I know, ironic)

Primary Logo

image_zps172fc89e.jpg

Not much to say. The reason the primary is predominatly brown is due to trying to stay within realistic boundaries, so I put a tied bandana at the end of the handle to try and add a little more of te true primary colors. (I noticed a couple teams, like the Florida Gators are similar, so I hope it works)

Secondary

image_zps79998415.jpg

While a lot more interesting than the primary, I decided to keep this as the secondary because I felt the logo would look far better without the wordmarks cluttering it up while the primary would look dull as a secondary without the wordmarks. I hope to have the uniforms done before I head to school Monday, as well as the Rockies logos. Any C&C?

(P.S: I will try to get a lighter photo of the primary)

image_zps2182a737.jpg

So, I'm not totally finished, however I couldn't figure out what to do for the BP jersey. One idea was a checkered pattern throughout the jersey, but I thought that would look pretty bad and limit what I could do with the rest of the jersey. Another idea was a Whitesox like line with the Loggers inside of that, but the color of the wordmark would be really hard since it would be checkered. Then I thought maybe checkered sleeves but that would look minor league. My last idea is just use the Loggers wordmark and just use the generic template. Thoughts?

Hmm, for the Loggers, I think that the secondary logo seems way too detailed. I would go simply with a roundel logo for the secondary.

The uniforms aren't too bad; maybe you should experiment with a "P" cap. For the BP jersey, maybe something orange or green would work.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

• 2 months later...

Archived