Chicago Wolves Concept (AHL)

VitorioArts

I think there's too much fur on the sides. It would look better if it was less round. Have the outline by the ear go towards the chin rather than towards the outside. I think the nose area needs to be changed, I don't think it looks realistic, especially the black arrow. Overall, this is a good start.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Even at this early stage, it's WAY better than the one they've used all these years! The challenge with a straight-on face view is to keep the wolf recognisable, without it looking something like a bear, or a cat, etc. I think the mouth is a little undersized.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

As a Wolves fan it's nice to see others take on concepts for the team. The big thing that I saw immediately was it reminds me too much of the Minnesota Timberwolves logo. It's a starting point and go from there. I have always liked the present Wolves head and yea not so much a fan of the stick and puck behind it. I was looking for some fierce and snarling wolves images to try and help with proportions SuperStock_1890-25446.jpgwolf+growl.jpg1596965_116_avatar.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb60393WOV_09_KH0039_01_P.JPG

The last one i feel is the one closest to what you started with. Keep working and tweaking I saw a piece on the evolution of the Chicago Wolves logo and he wen thru like 20 variations of designs that really spanned a vast array of styles from a calm realistic looking wolf to a very cartoony looking wolf and then ended up with what they have now. I can't wait to see more of your ideas and concepts with this. Keep it up

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived