Concept - Memphis Grizzlies

DanOtis

Another chance for the ball eating grizzly:

- Most noticeably he now has a lower jaw

- The basketball therefore is smaller now

- I also rounded the edges of the ball what makes it look smoother now

- The ball got a highlight on the middle "line"

- He got a nose job that turned it from grey to black (to keep consistency to the primary as remarked by JP)

- Moved the eyes a little bit

grizzly_head_before_zpsb6fa26ba.jpggrizzly_head_zps75cb55c4.jpg

Still choking?

Does the black space feel too much?

atbw

Daniel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better. Not sure what to do with the black space. I'm afraid, though, it's always going to remind me of one of my least-favourite sports logos:

3jgz0tudxsqo26q5s97mbgoi1.png

rATMcmK.png

this is my first post in this thread and i just wanna say terrific work all around.

for your question about too much black space,

i didn't know how to explain this so i made a very rough copy. But maybe just add the grey on the bottom jaw, idk here's the rough idea

2dkbebd.jpg

this is just for a general idea. It would look much better in your own style. again, great work

Better. Not sure what to do with the black space. I'm afraid, though, it's always going to remind me of one of my least-favourite sports logos:

Can not help you with that ;o) Some shadowing on the ball would help a lot but I see your point. That's why I tried another version...

this is my first post in this thread and i just wanna say terrific work all around.

i didn't know how to explain this so i made a very rough copy. But maybe just add the grey on the bottom jaw, idk here's the rough idea

2dkbebd.jpg

this is just for a general idea. It would look much better in your own style. again, great work

Thank you for taking your time and thinking of a solution. I believe that it could be something like that but it still should work from an anatomy point of view and I don't think that the space you filled out grey works in that aspect.

I tried another version in which the grizzly does not have to eat anything and just look fierce. Think that it could work out that way as well - tried it on a shirt.

grizzly_head_after_zps9940dc98.jpggrizzly_head_shirt_zps8f216308.jpg

atbw

Daniel

Im surprisingly liking the ball under tge chin!

And it seems someone else suggested the grizzly chew the ball :P did you ever try that yet? Or maybe even an update from the current claw one but with it piercing the ball?

i hope this is not too much to ask, and maybe you are already doing it..

but you are soo talented, and your work looks like a real NBA redesign and it is so professional. So i just have to ask if you could make a 3rd logo like many NBA teams do when they rebrand?

of course, i love your work. And would not be mad if you couldn't do this, just an idea to complete the set

Can not help you with that ;o) Some shadowing on the ball would help a lot but I see your point. That's why I tried another version...

2dkbebd.jpg

Thank you for taking your time and thinking of a solution. I believe that it could be something like that but it still should work from an anatomy point of view and I don't think that the space you filled out grey works in that aspect.

I tried another version in which the grizzly does not have to eat anything and just look fierce. Think that it could work out that way as well - tried it on a shirt.

grizzly_head_after_zps9940dc98.jpggrizzly_head_shirt_zps8f216308.jpg

atbw

Daniel

AWESOME. Much better than the grizzly gagging on a basketball. The M on the nose and G on the chin are cool (and hopefully intentional) details.

Thank you guys for your comments. Also like the "ball under the chin"-version better although I'm not completely happy. But that T-Shirt implementation works so perhaps that's enough legitimation ;o)

Worked a bit on the consistency thing. Added lighter grey highlights on the original logo so that the two complement each other better. So this is the set so far:

grizzlies_presentation_850x400-ps2_zpsa3

but you are soo talented, and your work looks like a real NBA redesign and it is so professional. So i just have to ask if you could make a 3rd logo like many NBA teams do when they rebrand?

of course, i love your work. And would not be mad if you couldn't do this, just an idea to complete the set

Tried my luck on a tertiary but so far I could not get anything done that I'm happy with. So perhaps I'll get to that later.

atbw

Daniel

Tried my luck on a tertiary but so far I could not get anything done that I'm happy with. So perhaps I'll get to that later.

atbw

Daniel

ok don't worry about it, take your time. Thanks!

Liking the new secondary much better. Gives the idea that the grizzly is some kind of basketball-bear-spirit. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's much more powerful idea than gagging on a ball. Kudos.

rATMcmK.png

Archived