Atlanta Hawks changes for 2014-15

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Untitled_zpsd16d3b74.png

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Wasn't there a version of the OG Pac-Hawk that was red with yellow and black outlines? I'm pretty sure it was on the 92-95 set's shorts, and I think colorwerx posted it at some point.

Yeah, it only appeared on the unis & warmups though:

6056_305_92AHA_1_M.jpg

If they're going to go back to pacman they need to go all the way. Dark red and yellow, random swooshes of color, tilted numbers

Spud_Webb_large.jpgDominique-Wilkins-Sports-Illustrated-199

It doesn't have to be a direct throwback, but if it's a modern update inspired by these they'd instantly be my favorite uniforms in the NBA. navy blue and red have never felt right for the Hawks.

Pure classics! When I was younger and just getting interested in professional sports, these uniforms were my favorites! Long live the "Human Highlife Reel" Wilkins too!

Could they recreate those uniforms in the current colors?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Had a similar idea a few years ago when they still had a old sideways alt logo http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b266/goforbroke33/hawks2.jpg

I would prefer yours to a subtle-yet-noticeable change to a classic logo. Yours is analogous to the Falcons update.

Ideally I'd like both teams to use their not-really-but-sorta iconic logos, but if not, yours would be the way to go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived