Atlanta Hawks changes for 2014-15

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guess ugly is the new cool

Have you seen the way kids dress these days? I'd say ugly is indeed the new cool. With that being said, I love the minimalist logo even though it still looks like Pac-Man as much as it looks like a hawk's head.

Nice update to the Pacman logo, although I liked the uniforms from that era a lot better than the logo. I really hope this means they're bringing back an updated version of those uniforms. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I liked the old color scheme with black more than just red and yellow. It's a lot easier to screw up, but just the right amount of black would look great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

guess ugly is the new cool

Have you seen the way kids dress these days? I'd say ugly is indeed the new cool. With that being said, I love the minimalist logo even though it still looks like Pac-Man as much as it looks like a hawk's head.
Yes i have, tight skinny jeans on dudes.....and then a cap with this logo.....that be sure to ruin everyones day and/or appetite........lol

This looks like the leaked logo on teh NBA 2K14 court, they just took out hte details. That said, it's fine. Until today I never heard it called the PAC-Man logo. Maybe I missed that. It seems like everything has to havea name otr a pitch nowadays.

Even though the team is still playing, the Hawks are showing a glimpse of the future by releasing the new secondary logo for next season.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/pac-back

More to come between now and the beginning of next season!

Of course at the bottom of this link on nba.com there is a small athletic gold triangle, in a position and on a texture that makes it look like it would be on the neck of a jersey. That would seem to hint at that color's return. It's above a sublimated ATL logo, with no real indication there what color is trimming the letters.

If they're going to go back to pacman they need to go all the way. Dark red and yellow, random swooshes of color, tilted numbers

Spud_Webb_large.jpgDominique-Wilkins-Sports-Illustrated-199

It doesn't have to be a direct throwback.

It has to be a direct throwback. How else are people going to care about the Atlanta Hawks?

If they're going to go back to pacman they need to go all the way. Dark red and yellow, random swooshes of color, tilted numbers

Spud_Webb_large.jpgDominique-Wilkins-Sports-Illustrated-199

It doesn't have to be a direct throwback, but if it's a modern update inspired by these they'd instantly be my favorite uniforms in the NBA. navy blue and red have never felt right for the Hawks.

Something like this, maybe? (Shameless plug) It's a quick drawing I made for a NBA redesign project I did a while back. Needs more work, I'll have to revisit that project one of these days.

ATLHawksketch.jpg

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Is it possible that the Hawks actually did pay money to change the primary logo, and the leaked 2k logo (the one with all the details) is the new primary?

I really like this secondary logo update. I would be happy if it was the primary, too. Just the roundels, put "Atlanta Hawks" below it, and you're set. Simple, roundel logos always work so well on everything, from web pages to caps.

I bet the Hawks had this planned for next season, but with a chance to knock out the #1 seed at home it was too tempting to just bring it out now to make the crowd just a bit more hyped. And I'm sure it'll work, if I was a Hawks fan at the game I would be ecstatic to get a free shirt with this new logo on it.

90758391980.gif

Archived