Uniform looks and identities that you miss in sports

Tigers6884

Red helmets for the Buffalo Bills. Its dumb that there are three teams in one division with white helmets

Red is barely used in the new Bills look and would stick out like a sore thumb if the Bills ruined their perfect look with those things. If we really needed another colored AFC East helmet, it'd be a green Jets helmet with a white Jet shooting out the sides.

And of course... a radical chrome finish! #Nikefied

The Bills current look is almost identical to the Jim Kelly/4 Super Bowl appearance look save for a few thin navy blue outlines and blue socks instead or red socks. Yeah, they should make the socks red again too.

But yes, the Jets could also have a green helmet again too.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red helmets for the Buffalo Bills. Its dumb that there are three teams in one division with white helmets

I don't think some other team's look should influence what the Bills want to do. They should be proactive with their design, not reactive.

Didn't someone in the Eagles organization say that part of the reason they went with midnight green in 1996 was to differentiate themselves from the Jets? Two years later, the Jets switched to a darker shade of green and the Eagles are left wearing a color that they may not have really wanted.

I don't think some other teams design should influence what the Bills want to do with their look. Instead of being proactive with their design, they would be reactive.
Well since there is currently only one team in the NFL that has a red helmet (KC), the Bills wearing a red helmet could be considered proactive.

I don't think some other teams design should influence what the Bills want to do with their look. Instead of being proactive with their design, they would be reactive.
Well since there is currently only one team in the NFL that has a red helmet (KC), the Bills wearing a red helmet could be considered proactive.

Individuality means nothing when you look like crap.

You mean like the Padres prior to 1991?

Coming from the guy who's upset over fleur de lis use

No, once again it is reactive, only this time they'd be changing just to be like another team. The Bills (or any team) should go with the design they want, regardless of what other teams are doing.

Let's take the "sports" out of it and apply it to purchasing a new car. What color should you get?

Proactive--"I like blue, so I am going to buy a blue car."

Reactive--"Three of my neighbors have white cars, so i can't buy a white car."

Reactive--"There is only one other red car in the neighborhood, so I should get a red car."

Coming from the guy who's upset over fleur de lis use

Right, because Louisville City's new crest lacks individuality and looks like crap.

Red is barely used in the new Bills look and would stick out like a sore thumb if the Bills ruined their perfect look with those things. If we really needed another colored AFC East helmet, it'd be a green Jets helmet with a white Jet shooting out the sides.

The Bills current look is almost identical to the Jim Kelly/4 Super Bowl appearance look save for a few thin navy blue outlines and blue socks instead or red socks. Yeah, they should make the socks red again too.

The Bills had the red helmets when they went to the 4 straight Super Bowls.

The Bills had the red helmets when they went to the 4 straight Super Bowls.

The JP Loseman era also played in red helmets, and every other crappy QB.

The red helmets are not just linked to success with the Bills, but also failure. The white helmets look far superior, and is a great way to start a clean slate from the disaster navy blue jersey era.

Archived