Uniform looks and identities that you miss in sports

Tigers6884

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of those already posted I agree with: the old Arizona Diamondbacks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Twins striped road jersey and M hat, and late 80s Padres.

My addition is the old Winnipeg Jets. I understand why they cannot come back, but I find the new Jets stuff boring

KKingWin.jpg

^ And that isn't?

I wish the Bills would go back to this look. It was a sleek modern uniform. Their current uniforms are ugly and boring.

Buffalo-Bills.jpg

No nothing of this post is true, those are some of the worst uniforms ever created

The helmet stripes were horrible.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I definitely agree about the old Mighty Ducks of Anaheim identity. I know some people consider it childish and cartoonish but i didn't know nor cared about that. Although i was a child of the 90s i didn't know about the Mighty Ducks movies and the animated tv series before after i was introduced to the team. That logo was so insanely popular that it was everywhere. And i'm a Dane, Hockey is not particularly popular here, yet every other person i knew owned a Mighty Ducks cap, jersey, jacket or something else. I started collecting Hockey cards like my friends and Anaheim immediately became my favorite team.

It never bothered me that the team was owned by Disney. Of course this probably has a lot to do with me being 10 years old at the time and a fan of more than a few Disney movies and tv shows. Today, it still doesn't bother me, which i admit, might be a tiny bit hypocritical, considering that i hate Red Bull Salzburg, Leipzig, New York etc for the same reason many hated the Ducks at the time. I mean, the team being nothing but a stupid commercial for the owner without any soul. Still, atleast Disney didn't ruin an established team with history and traditions, which makes a lot of difference IMO.

I don't love everything they ever did with this identity though. I agree with the people who thinks the Wild Wing jersey is amoung the worst in the league, ever.

But anyway, that logo means a lot to me, so yeah i think that it's very sad that it has been reduced to a shoulder patch you can barely see on the third jersey. Although i guess i should just be glad it's still around in some form, for a few years, after Disney sold the team to the Samuelis, it looked like it was truly gone forever.

I also agree about the Ottawa Senators logo from the 90s. I never understood why they dropped that. It's a much stronger logo than what they use as primary now, it has a more classy feel to it.

I have never seen a baseball game in my life but it did seem a little strange to me when Florida Marlins choose to change their look, considering they definitely had one of the stronger and more recognizable logos in the MLB IMO.

I also miss the Pitsburgh Penguins logo from the 90s, or Robopenguin as some call it, though i never understood that name since i think that logo looks a lot more like a real penguin than their former/current skating cartoon penguin logo.

The original Dallas Stars logo has only been gone for a season but i already miss it, not the uniforms mind you, only the logo. What i really want to see is a return to the star shaped uniforms from the late 90s - early 00s.

preview_581_77783.jpg

I also miss New York Rangers Lady Liberty third jerseys and logo.

3781.jpg

In the NBA, i miss the Charlotte Hornets so i'm glad they will be back, even though it won't be in the exact same logo/uniform. I also always liked the Houston Rockets and Detroit Pistons 90s logos but i'm probably alone about that.

07d7c2c7db41284fe846568b5c7a0d79.jpgmedium_hill_jersey.jpg

Of those already posted I agree with: the old Arizona Diamondbacks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Twins striped road jersey and M hat, and late 80s Padres.

My addition is the old Winnipeg Jets. I understand why they cannot come back, but I find the new Jets stuff boring

KKingWin.jpg

^ And that isn't?

I'd agree on those uniforms. Those were classics at least in Canada, but I'd say the current Jets look isnt bad at all.

The road look from that period was even worse:

bills-02-06-whitenavy-aaronsprecher-675x

Actually their road uniform during that era wasn't all that bad.

Were we watching the same games? They looked awful, nothing was good about them.
Those were nice pants!

Also, does the star pattern on those old Stars jerseys make a six-pointed star? [\zionistconspiracy]

Were we watching the same games? They looked awful, nothing was good about them.
Those were nice pants!

Also, does the star pattern on those old Stars jerseys make a six-pointed star? [\zionistconspiracy]

With the unnecessary awful looking navy and silver, no those weren't anywhere close to good either,

I wish the Bills would go back to this look. It was a sleek modern uniform. Their current uniforms are ugly and boring.

Buffalo-Bills.jpg

No nothing of this post is true, those are some of the worst uniforms ever created

The helmet stripes were horrible.

I never realized how much grey was in this thing. Was always instantly fascinated/turned off by the yolk. Glad the Bills ditched this experiment and as long as they have white helmets with the red Buffalo silhouette I'll be happy.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Those were nice pants!

With the unnecessary awful looking navy and silver, no those weren't anywhere close to good either,
The Bills don't need navy and "nickel", but I still think the pants look good in a vacuum.

Speaking about the Bills, this is always how I see them in the red helmets.

Andre-Reed-1-11-13.jpg

One of my favorite uniforms. The road uni didn't look nearly as good. Everything just worked perfectly on the home set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

J.P. Losman modeling how UFL those pipealicious Bills unis were:

jp_losman_071128_blog.jpglosman.jpg

vs. the most beautiful look the Bills have:

leodis-mcKelvin.opnh-4580-mid.jpg

Just switch out the AFL-leftovers (grey facemask and the patch) and either match the helmet stripe to the shoulder/number/pants stripes or vice versa and you've got what should be their regulars

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

a-greer-rusty-3.jpg

Since the Rangers reintroduced red, it's always bugged me that they wear red caps with their home whites, which feature a blue script and blue numbers. If they're going to wear red, they need to wear jerseys that have red script and numbers. Plus, the red shoes are pretty sweet.

Brek+Shea+Columbus+Crew+v+FC+Dallas+hx4f

It's really simple: They're nickname is "The Hoops." Why don't they wear hoops - ones that aren't subliminated?

OregonState_display_image.jpg?1312251552

I'm not an Oregon State fan, but I always liked these when they were in use. The orange pops really well against the black without looking like a highlighter. The template is simple, yet very pleasing to look at; the only thing I might change is the white piping on the pants wrapping around the player's waist. The number font is unique without looking bad. The helmet finish is a standard one. Basically, it was something that should not have been left, especially not for what they wear now.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC Dallas - Minnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

All of the Bills looks posted above don't compare to these. Or of course, the throwbacks these were based off of:

smbqqw.jpg

They would look so much better with red helmets.

Eh, I disagree. White helmets shine so well, and they match with the pants. Red works well with the current Bills look because it has been moved to a tertiary color instead of a secondary color. A red helmet wouldn't look as consistent.

I have no problem with teams that have a different color for pants, helmet, and jersey, but the Bills really own the white/blue/white look.

I have no problem with teams that have a different color for pants, helmet, and jersey, but the Bills really own the white/blue/white look.

"Sup?"

andrew-luck.jpg

That said, I really do like the Bills in white helmets. If they'd just add a blue mask and get rid of that superfluous navy trim they'd be set.

Archived