• Created
  • Last Reply

Oof, this one's gonna be tough.

1) Union Dortmund

2) Stuttgart Eintract

3) SV Koln

4) FC Berlin West

5) SPVGG Dresden

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

There are some excellent concepts by all involved gents!

1. Stuttgart Eintracht (beautiful use of the city's history with automobile manufacturing and racing)

2. Union Dortmund (clean concepts as always Chris)

3. Viktoria SV Berlin (great use of Berlin history and landmarks)

4. 1. FC Nurnburg (nice job on the crest)

5. Frankfurt A.M. SK 1906 (nice job on crest)

Much tougher to chose this time around since I do prefer German clubs over French, but I think I got this right.

1. Berlin 2
2. Berlin 1
3. Hanover
4. Dortmund
5. Stuttgart

Honours to Munich though.

Hmm hopefully I figure out why Dortmund seems so blurry

I thought it was just my Google chrome pr something, image wouldnt even expand for me. Still managed to read everything though.

I thought it was just my Google chrome pr something, image wouldnt even expand for me. Still managed to read everything though.

It looks dreadful on my ipad currently... It was uploaded the same way the previous one was.

It looks dreadful on my ipad currently... It was uploaded the same way the previous one was.

Doesn't look blurry to me Chris...

Oh wow, this is so tough, it's hard to find an accurate Top 5 here. Some of the names are actually weird though. :P

1. Union Dortmund

For me this is just the best overall concept here. The logo is great, the kits are nice and clean and everything fits the location.

2. Hamburg Altstadt

The logo is really really nice. You can really feel that this is a club from Hamburg.

3. Viktoria Berlin

There is so much history incorporated in this concept. As a Berliner, I really like this!

4. Stuttgart Eintracht

The logo is the highlight here. As Stuttgart is Germany's 'Motor-City' the logo has an auto-industry feel to it. That's just great.

5. 1. FC Jena

The logo is so clever, I just had to put them in my fifth spot.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

1. Union Dortmund

2. Berlin

3. Dresden

4. Hannover

5. Munich

Overall, they were all great designs. It was hard to pick, and in what order, 5 best designs.

Ultimately, my presentation sucked. I got back from the hospital only a few hours before I saw the post that we needed to submit. I had to really slap together my final presentation, while the crest and kits were done over a week earlier. Oh well, next time I'll try not to be incapacitated during a design contest! :P

Since I didn't explain the concept in the graphic, I just wanted to take a moment to say why I did what I did with Nuremberg. I was going, at first, my typical route with it, very traditional and conservative. Then I thought "What if a Bundesliga team was taken control by an American owner? In 1996?" So that was the new direction, to "americanize" a team during a pretty bad time of logo designs. I didn't go so far as throwing in drop shadows and gradients, which I probably should have done to be complete to the concept, but I took the style of that era. Tradition was out the window. Good taste, for that matter, was out the window too.

So the crest is a modernization of the coat of arms for Nuremberg. I broke that "4th wall" by having the eagle not be confined by the roundel, which I felt was a common tactic in mid-90s design. The kits also take elements of the flag and coat of arms of the city, but used in a most American kind of way.

All in all, I was happy with the concept I made. I do have to say that I'm also horrified by it! This was something that is the exact opposite of what I would normally do or think. That was good, I felt I had to take some risks and think outside my normal box. Go big or go home.

Just my 2cents -- but perhaps we'd get more voting if people knew this has gone to 'voting' by putting it in the title (or by doing an entirely new thread all together).

Archived