European Soccer Concept Cup: Germany VOTING

raysox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna call it here.

So here is the German table. The scoring was close!

1. Viktoria SV Berlin - 70 points

2. Union Dortmund FC - 67 points

3. Stuttgart Eintract - 60 points

---------------------------------------

4. Hamburg-Altstadt - 46 points (OSC Paris - 47 points)

---------------------------------------

5. 1 FC Hanover - 45 points

6. SPVGG Dresden - 31 point

7. BG Munich - 30 points

8. FC Berlin West - 29 points

9. 1 FC Nurnburg - 18 points

10. Frankfort AM SK - 11 points

11. Sport-Verien Koln - 8 points

12. 1 FC Jena - 3 points

13. Gelb-Konigsblau Essen FC - 2 points

14. Sportlich Liepzig - 0 points

15. FC Bremen - 0 points

Congrats to crashcarson15, chrisCLEMENT, and BrendanFry. Sorry to nas1787, you were one point away from beating OSC Paris who had 47 points. On a tie breaker, you would've won too.

But I wanted to close this before I worked on the Italy post. Thank you again to everyone.

HEY! My Nürnburg did better then the real Nürnburg! Score!

/twistknife

It's funny because I had you down as Nuremburg not Nurnberg, and I think you got them mixed up ahhaha.

Too much racing for you :P I used to do the same.

It's funny because I had you down as Nuremburg not Nurnberg, and I think you got them mixed up ahhaha.

I'm always switching between the English spelling and the proper German, especially when my special character palette is flaking out and I can't type a ü.

I'm bummed I didn't make it into the next round. I feel like I was pretty consistently getting votes but I guess 4th and 5th place just wont add up over time. Any hoo I'm still very pleased with my self and My first soccer concept ever. Had a lot of fun good work boys!

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

OK, so as I mentioned a few times while the voting was going on I am going to go ahead and hand out my evaluations of all of the entries for each country. Before I do so, I'd like to note 3 things that played into my decision making that may not have been a concern when you all were designing: (1) I awarded "bonus points" to concepts that contained 3 unique kits not including a GK kit; (2) I tended to favor concepts where kits used unique colors from one another, especially colors that aren't considered to be the club's colors; and (3) presentation DID play a factor in my ultimate placement of a concept in my voting heirarchy.

So here's my look at Germany and what drove me to vote the way I did:

[1] Dortmund - chrisCLEMENT - Union Dortmund : My top 2 choice were so close, but the crest for Union Dortmund is what set it apart (in my opinion). The use of a local icon to tie in the club, city and major industry was nothing short of brilliant. Regarding the kits, I loved the use of the thin lines on the primary kit to tie into the club crest as well as the beer industry. Also, the use of the yellow accents on the collar, sleeves and shorts was very classy and a perfect touch. The change kit was a beautiful change of pace and the decision to go primarily with brown won me over.

[2] Berlin - crashcarson15 - Viktoria SV Berlin : Viktoria SV Berlin was so very, very close to taking my number one vote but the detail in the statue on the crest is what pushed it into 2nd place for me. While rendered wonderfully, the statue was just too detailed for my liking. The primary shirt may be my favorite of the entire competition from any country. The halved shirt has been done before, but use of the chevrons gave a great twist to the concept and worked perfectly. The change kit has a nice retro feel to it and the use of the bear from the city coat of arms was a nice touch.

[3] Hannover - raysox - 1 FC Hannover : Hanover's concept was another superb entry with an incredibly unique color scheme that is my favorite of the group. The shade of red used paired perfectly with the brown and tan/gold and POPS on the crest and home kit. The crest is geniously simple which follows suit with many German crests. The addition of the pretzel at the bottom was another great idea. The home kit is beautiful and just enough red was used to give a nice accent without going overboard. The sash look is classic in football but I felt that the sublimated diagonal striping may have been a little too much. The clash kits were a good change, and I feel like the red shorts could possibly be paired with the primary top for a change of pace. The gray stripe on the chest was a good idea but I wasn't too fond of carrying it on to the sleeves and around the back where it just randomly stopped. I would have rathered no stripes on the sleeves or carrying the stripe all the way around the back.

[4] Hamburg - nas1787 - Hamburg-Altstadt : The main thing that sold me on Hamburg-Altstadt was the crest. It has a very classic look to it with the stylized "HA". It's a good color scheme as well. The home kit is a good, safe design while the clash and 3rd kits were much more adventurous - which fits in well with Warrior's track record so far. The addition of yellow for the 3rd was a nice touch. My biggest criticism is that none of the shorts could be interchanged with the shirts.

[5] Dresden - BerlinWall - SPVGG Dresden : BerlinWall is always producing great work on the boards and SPVGG Dresden is no exception. The crest is another from this competition which would fit in very well within the current German landscape. I like the choice of the purple tops on the primary kit with the sublimated stripes tying in nicely with the crest. The white/green combo on the clash kit with the slightly modified crest is a beautiful look while the 3rd kits use of the sublimated lion was another great touch. Perhaps most impressive was the fact that the white and black shorts could be paired with multiple shirts. One criticism is that the shirts may have been just a little too "safe" for a competition like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Munich - Lafarge - BG Munich : This concept was soooooo close to cracking my top 5 but the lack of a 3rd kit is what ultimately kept it out. The color scheme chosen is a beautiful one and the crest is very well done. Both the primary and clash kits are beautiful - some of the best of the group - but I would have liked to see use of a different color palette given the lack of a 3rd kit. I will say that the mismatched shoulder/sleeve detail and the sublimated Bavarian pattern across the chest made the clash one of my favorite kits of Germany.

Frankfort - MojoRoberts - Frankfort AM SK : This is a very nicely done concept which could have used a 3rd kit given the lack of a kit with a palette other than the red/white/blue of the primary and clash kits. The crest is well done also. However, looking at it I can't help but feel that the footballs on either side were forced into the design almost as an afterthought. I think leaving them out and making the stripes more prominent would have been a much better decision.

Stuttgart - BrendanFry - Stuttgart Eintract : Stuttgart Eintract had one of the strongest links to its influences noted in the presentation. The crest shape is very unique and works well. Regarding the primary kit, I felt that the colors were a little too muted for my liking. I would have liked to see just a kit of white added in...maybe as the Porsche logo. The racing stripes down the chest to the shorts was a great idea, but I didn't care for the outer lines of the stripes going all the way down to the numerals on the shorts. Also, I felt that the horizontal stripes from the sponsor logo were a bit much given the vertical striping on the kit. The clash kit is BRILLIANT given its influence, but I think that maybe the design should have gone a step further and went with orange instead of the maroon down the chest. The circles around the numerals on the shirt was a great choice, and they should have been carried down to the shorts to make them stand out more from the primary shorts. Also, maybe the orange could have been used here.

Berlin 2 - McElroy19 - FC Berlin West : Berlin West had a nice set of kits with a good variety of designs. What "killed" it for me was the use of the same color palette over all of the kits - but at least these designs would lend to mixing and matching of shorts between jerseys. The crest is nice but I feel that it could have used a bit more refining. The "W" is very, very straight while the "B" just doesn't completely match-up in my mind. Either the "W" needed a bit of tweaking to give it more character or the "B" needed some straightening out.

Cologne/Koln - 1clkgtramg - Sport-Verien Koln : The concept for SV Koln was nicely executed but just a bit too safe to garner a vote. The crest design is nice, using what I assume to be a famous cathedral in the city as it's shape. Having the Primary and clash kits both white and green, I would have liked to have seen a third kit with a completely different set of colors.

Essen - VictoriaGooner - Gled Konigsblau Essen FC : The Essen concept was another good entry but the crest, in my mind, is just a bit too detailed. The halved shirt is a great look but I'm not sure the pairing of the black socks with the blue/yellow kit and the blue/yellow socks with the black kit makes much sense. Plus, its a concept from an Arsenal fan...no self-respecting Spurs fan could voluntarily place this in the top 4 (I kid.....sorta).

Nurnburg - DavidrPaige - 1 FC Nurnburg : FC Nurnburg was another where a 3rd kit would have helped. However, the primary and clash kits presented just seem a bit random with the designs. I think a great opportunity was missed by not using the diagonal stripes from the crest on either shirt. As far as the crest goes, I think the bird portrudes from the crest a little too much. But the thing that bothers me most about it is that the red in the diagonal striping seems to be a different shade from the red in the circle. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or just an error. But if it was intentional, the color shades need to me more distinctive.

Jena - AndrewPF - 1 FC Jena : FC Jena's crest as just too simple for me. I think it needed a bit more or the shape needed to be reworked to get rid of so much empty yellow space above and below the text. As far as the kits go, again, I wanted to see more color variety between choices.

Bremen - Jaker52 - FC Bremen : Bremen needs a lot of work. The crest is very, very basic but yet it's missing from either set of shorts on the concept. Also, the size of the numerals on the back of the kits is WAY too big. As a rule of thumb, I think people should go with a two-digit number when doing concepts like these just to help judge the proper size for the numerals. Also, the shorts need numbers as well. And the name text on the back is also too large.

gYH2mW9.png

Thanks GC. I was going to make a Red Third kit with white, black and gold but it was too late to try to rush something up. This was the entry I was least satisfied with. I know the logo was pretty good, but the jerseys where fairly plain. I put the most effort into Racing Modena.

Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased to see you rank me so high. I certainly agree that a third kit may have helped me some. I enjoyed thoroughly making this concept. It was my first attempt at a soccer crest/kit. I used my German grandfather's last name on the back of the kit. It was a fun project. I hope you dig my second concept coming up in the Uk.

Thanks GC. I was going to make a Red Third kit with white, black and gold but it was too late to try to rush something up. This was the entry I was least satisfied with. I know the logo was pretty good, but the jerseys where fairly plain. I put the most effort into Racing Modena.

Yeah, I think a kit like that could have definitely pushed you up to contend for a vote.

Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased to see you rank me so high. I certainly agree that a third kit may have helped me some. I enjoyed thoroughly making this concept. It was my first attempt at a soccer crest/kit. I used my German grandfather's last name on the back of the kit. It was a fun project. I hope you dig my second concept coming up in the Uk.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I saw your mod of Frankfort into a video game. That looks great. I hope you decide to throw a few more into the game. I'd love to see how they look "in action."

gYH2mW9.png

1. Frankfurt (I have a soft spot for navy and Orange)

2. Stuttgart (Love the Porsche tie-ins)

3. Hamburg ( I here by dub the clash uniform, the Yoohoo uni :P )

4. Munich (love the colors, very solid design)

5. Dortmund (best of the red/yellow uniform designs)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

when I clicked here it sent me to page 3, so I still thought Voting was going on. :P

But hey for Future reference if you want at least one guarenteed vote, make a navy and orange uniform ;)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Archived