Links to each post:

Actual Super Bowl Fields

I     II     III     IV     V     VI     VII     VIII     IX     X       

XI    XII    XIII    XIV    XV    XVI    XVII    XVIII    XIX    XX     

XXI      XXII   XXIII   XXIV   XXV   XXVI   XXVII   XXVIII   XXIX   XXX    

XXXI  XXXII  XXXIII  XXXIV  XXXV  XXXVI  XXXVII  XXXVIII  XXXIX  XL     

XLI   XLII   XLIII   XLIV   XLV   XLVI   XLVII   XLVIII   XLIX   50

LI    LII    LIII    LIV    LV    LVI    LVII    LVIII    LIX    LX

Fields can also be found at The Gridiron Fields Database - a part of The Gridiron Uniforms Database

In 2012 I wanted to recreate all of the fields from each Super Bowl to use for a football simulation program I've been writing for C#. Recently I have gone back and tried to refine each field to be as exact as possible, and its still a work in progress. I got the idea to start posting them after seeing kodrinsky's NBA court database and I thought it would be a good way to get some feedback and some help pointing out any inaccuracies in what I have so far.

So, as I've said before, I want to be as exact as possible, so if anyone sees something inaccurate please let me know by either posting a picture or a link to a video that can help me out. It could be something as small as color, number font, or even the width of the lines on the field. Anything will help.

I guess I'll start with Super Bowl I

Super Bowl I: January 15, 1967. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, California

Kansas City Chiefs - 10        Green Bay Packers - 35

1.png

< First Post    Super Bowl II >

I do have higher resolution (9144x4344 pixels) images of the fields that are to a scale of 1px=.5in, and templates if anyone ever wants them.

• Like 2

*** EDIT *** The post has since been moved here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-super-bowl-xxvii-update/?p=2249403

Here are some of the logos used on the field. I used paint to do all of this so they aren't perfect but there as close as I could get them.

Midfield Logo

1_Midfield_zpsd6f11c1d.png

NFL Logo in Packers Endzone

There were a few differences from the current NFL logo at the time. Here there are less stars and they were in a slightly different arrangement. Also the there were no caps at the bottom of the 'N' and 'F'.

1_NFL_zps1eb0f022.png?t=1399226992

AFL Logo

The only difference from the normal logo was the white inside the 'A'

1_AFL_zps3c74dfc9.png?t=1399227031

Found this image online. looks like your facemasks might be off.

85f36d7241b2544b262745ed4d6a000317a9590d

I had originally had the two bars but in this picture, which is the only one I could find with the face mask, has one bar that extends to the edge of the helmet. Plus super bowl IV uses one bar helmets as well.

AP6801120194.standalone.prod_affiliate.5

Was the grass really multi colored like that? I find it hard to believe for the first super bowls they had the grass like that. If so, then I forever will have a different picture in my head of earlier football games.

Here are the helmets used at midfield. Still unsure about the screws and the start of the face mask though.

2_Helmets_zps2d4a3a84.png?t=1399395374

Since when did the Raiders ever have "The Oakland" as opposed to just Oakland? Was this just a a one-off thing for the Super Bowl (or at this point in time the 2nd NFL-AFL Championship game)? Or was that their actual logo for that season or something?

SportsLogos.net says that Raiders logo was only used during the 1963 season, and this is 5-6-7 years later. What compelled them to use this logo for this game?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Was the grass really multi colored like that? I find it hard to believe for the first super bowls they had the grass like that. If so, then I forever will have a different picture in my head of earlier football games.

The different shades in the grass is an effect created by the direction in which the grass is mowed. But you can see from this picture from Super Bowl I that there are 2 different shades.

si_super_bowl_01.jpg

Here are the helmets used at midfield. Still unsure about the screws and the start of the face mask though.

2_Helmets_zps2d4a3a84.png?t=1399395374

Since when did the Raiders ever have "The Oakland" as opposed to just Oakland? Was this just a a one-off thing for the Super Bowl (or at this point in time the 2nd NFL-AFL Championship game)? Or was that their actual logo for that season or something?

SportsLogos.net says that Raiders logo was only used during the 1963 season, and this is 5-6-7 years later. What compelled them to use this logo for this game?

I'm not actually sure why they used this logo. When I had originally made the field I had used their current logo, and after looking at pictures I was surprised as well to see they used their old logo. The logo they were using on their helmets at the time were even the current logo. Maybe they used it because it was their original AFL logo or something.

Super-Bowl-2.jpg

The different shades in the grass is an effect created by the direction in which the grass is mowed. But you can see from this picture from Super Bowl I that there are 2 different shades.

si_super_bowl_01.jpg

Yea I knew that, never knew that was something they did for the games back in the day. I think you should tone down the green used in the template however. It seems too neon for what is pictured. Makes it feel like it's turf rather than actual grass.

si_super_bowl_01.jpg

Yea I knew that, never knew that was something they did for the games back in the day. I think you should tone down the green used in the template however. It seems too neon for what is pictured. Makes it feel like it's turf rather than actual grass.

Once I have all of the fields finished I was planning on adding a grass texture as a finishing touch, and that's when I'll match the grass colors exactly. Right now though it's still a work in progress and I'm still making changes, so it's easier to just use default colors for now and then correct them later.

• Like 2

Once I have all of the fields finished I was planning on adding a grass texture to the fields as a finishing touch, and that's when I'll match the grass colors exactly. Right now though it's still a work in progress and I'm still making changes, so it's easier to just use default colors for now and then correct them later.

Respected