Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

20 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl 50: February 7, 2016 - Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California

Carolina Panthers - TBD        Denver Broncos - TBD

50ft.thumb.png.fd4c788d96f083bf9411baae5

I added texture to the full field, and lightened both blues. After the game I'm sure I will need to make adjustments, especially in the painting of the Super Bowl logo.

< Super Bowl XLIX    First Post    Super Bowl LI >

Do you have a template with the Levi's Stadium borders or whatever. That looks cool

• Like 1

As per the Levis stadium twitter feed. The End zone for Denver now matches the shade of blue for the team box., and Carolina's "Electric Blue" looks a bit lighter!

CalR4IwVAAATuSR.jpg:large

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On 2/6/2016 at 8:32 AM, maur1010 said:

At a Super Bowl party at my work, I created the Super Bowl 50 field my way.  It was the same format, but I did the following:

Carolina Panthers:. Sky blue and black stripe on the 20 yard line, black outline borders on the yard line numbers, sky blue borders on the arrows

Denver Broncos:. Dark blue and orange stripe on the 20 yard line, dark blue borders on the yard line numbers, orange borders on the arrows

I used a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to make the field.  As I said many times earlier, it is just a thought

I'd be interested to see how you were able to do that in Excel, it sounds difficult

8 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

As per the Levis stadium twitter feed. The End zone for Denver now matches the shade of blue for the team box., and Carolina's "Electric Blue" looks a bit lighter!

CalR4IwVAAATuSR.jpg:large

I figured things would lighten up, especially after cutting the grass. The lighter blues do look better, and the Broncos blue is much improved over Super Bowl XLVIII

5 hours ago, wdm1219inpenna said:

I'm a tad disappointed that there are no AFC or NFC logos in the end zones.

It's disappointing, but I don't mind the look too much this year, but if they stick with this endzone format there will inevitably be future problems for teams with thin wordmarks like below. I don't know if anyone designing these fields think things through or if they just wing it and copy off of the last season and try to make "improvements" or what. But this would not look good with the amount of blank space

51.thumb.png.efd9bd8b706f77fbb04ca4c362b

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I'd be interested to see how you were able to do that in Excel, it sounds difficult

I figured things would lighten up, especially after cutting the grass. The lighter blues do look better, and the Broncos blue is much improved over Super Bowl XLVIII

It's disappointing, but I don't mind the look too much this year, but if they stick with this endzone format there will inevitably be future problems for teams with thin wordmarks like below. I don't know if anyone designing these fields think things through or if they just wing it and copy off of the last season and try to make "improvements" or what. But this would not look good with the amount of blank space

Uck!

Perhaps they would go back to the AFC/NFC logos, or perhaps something entirely different!  We shall see!

• Like 1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

11 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Uck!

Perhaps they would go back to the AFC/NFC logos, or perhaps something entirely different!  We shall see!

Is it possible that the NFL just doesn't include the conference logos on the field in special anniversary seasons? I know it sounds kind of wacky, but the NFC/AFC logos weren't on the field for Super Bowl XXIX either, and that game was played after the 1994 season, which was the NFL's 75th anniversary. 

17 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Uck!

Uck!

Uck!

Pitt6pack:

It's not easy to do.  You want to make sure everything is in the right place and intact.  I will say this, the work you do is exceptional.  I like the Super Bowl IV field (Chiefs/Vikings) field.  Unfortunately it got torn to shreds as the game wore on.

Enclosed is my version of the SB50 field.  Take care.

Da Field_SB50.xlsx

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, pitt6pack said:

Oh god, I seriously hope this doesn't become the norm for Super LI, they better return to using the AFC and NFC logos on the side for Super Bowl LI or the NFL will become an eyesore and unwatchable (hasn't it already?), but knowing our luck this will be the norm until the day Goodell finally steps down, as they want to capitalize on the NCAA Championship game which is using the exact same field format (then again aren't most NCAA football teams using the same format anyways?)

Least we get some color in the Super Bowl logo back for once (long overdue, although now I'm anxious to see what Super Bowl LII's logo is going to look like since it's being played in Minnesota (purple and yellow?), LI is far better with color than the boring silver that the last 5 got prior to 50, but let's hope the Colts and Rams never have this field lest make it to the game themselves (as the Rams are likely to be stuck in the NFC West cellar for at least 2 more years as they just moved back to LA, so they're stuck in rebuilding mode).

Now I'm worried if my beloved "Boys" ever go to a Super Bowl, they'll get this abomination too (shudders), I don't want to see my Cowboys end up with a Broncos styled endzone if they ever go, unless they played the Broncos themselves. 

Super Bowl 50: February 7, 2016 - Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California

Carolina Panthers - 10        Denver Broncos - 24

ivoqHmj.png

Super Bowl 50 field without teamboxes

Spoiler

dFGFJBv.png

I finally got around to the final touch-ups. I completely re did the Super Bowl logo and changed the wall banners to gold (from black). I know its almost been a week, but anyways, I figured Carolina was the better team and if they were going to lose it was going to be because they were afraid on offense. I'm not sure why they felt they needed to run on every first down play, even late in the game. Didn't do them much good to try and establish the run midway through the fourth quarter. But congrats to Denver, we should have known the NFL wouldn't let Payton retire without going out on top.

< Super Bowl XLIX    First Post    Super Bowl LI >

Since you are now involved with The Gridiron Uniform Database, could you please let them know that their contact is deffective? I tried to contact them regarding some teams from the 2015 season that they have not put them to close-up yet, but when I tried to send my message, a 404 error was displayed. I would really appreciate that.

3 minutes ago, habfan77 said:

Since you are now involved with The Gridiron Uniform Database, could you please let them know that their contact is deffective? I tried to contact them regarding some teams from the 2015 season that they have not put them to close-up yet, but when I tried to send my message, a 404 error was displayed. I would really appreciate that.

It looks like the 404 error is for a page that simply says thanks after you submit the message, but that page doesn't exist. The message however should be sent from the first page (I haven't seen the code myself but I can double check). So I'd assume the email gets sent, then you get re-directed to another page, which just isn't showing up right now.

Conference Championship week is upon us, so it's time for some Super Bowl LI field predictions!

I'm thinking they will keep the same endzone structure as last season. Same height on the Super Bowl logos as well. All in all nothing too exciting is expected from me.

Field 1 - AFC (1) New England Patriots vs NFC (2) Atlanta Falcons

51_2-1.png

Field 2 - AFC (1) New England Patriots vs NFC (4) Green Bay Packers

51_4-1.png

Field 3 - AFC (3) Pittsburgh Steelers vs NFC (2) Atlanta Falcons

51_2-3.png

Field 4 - AFC (3) Pittsburgh Steelers vs NFC (4) Green Bay Packers

51_4-3.png

I'm glad we won't be getting blue on blue endzones this season. I would like to see Steelers - Falcons, as a Steelers fan. My guess though is that the Patriots will win by simply out coaching Pittsburgh. The NFC game will be high scoring for sure, and it will be a matter of who gets the ball last, like in Dallas last week. But right now Aaron Rodgers is really hot, so it is hard to see Green Bay losing right now, although Atlanta has a team that can certainly keep up offensively.

• Like 2

Based on what we got with last year's *new* field design, the Falcons and Steelers would have black endzones. 

SB50 should have been Broncos orange and Carolina blue -- NFL gave us a disappointing navy and black.

super-bowl-50-stadium.jpg?w=630&h=352&cr

6uXNWAo.png

Who knows. It seems like the last few years we've has little surprises we didn't see coming. Like no conference logos last year. No Elvis on the left side but under the Patriots script the year before. Broncos orange script before that. And even swerved us when we saw the pallet of gold paint for the 49ers and we got a red end zone.

iq5b7nF.png