Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

It also looks like the Falcons wordmark is taller than it's normal ratio. I'll need some more visuals to tell for sure. The patriots wordmark is the same size as on their home endzones. The Patriots logo is larger than the one they use at midfield. The Falcons logo is also larger than what they use in their home endzones.

Here is a quick look at what the wordmark might look on red (same red as in Patriots logo) and slightly taller than normal. I calculate it at 110 feet wide and 12 feet tall.

tmp.png

and compared to black

tmp2.png

Updates. I normalize the colors, so same reds / silvers, and made the Patriots blue darker. I resized the logos and wordmarks, and made the Falcons endzone red as well. At some point I'll have to change the colors and pattern of the wall design. Looks like they used a greenish blue in a lot of places throughout the stadium in banners and such.

51.png

No Conference logos again!?!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!  Ugghhhh............stupid NFL.  And I'm sure the Pats workmark won't be outlined in red, and the Falcons won't be outlined in black. Which would only make both look pretty darn good!

I'm good with the Falcons going with red endzones.  Didn't want to see a repeat of last years endzones, with the AFC in blue and NFC in black.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Updates. I normalize the colors, so same reds / silvers, and made the Patriots blue darker. I resized the logos and wordmarks, and made the Falcons endzone red as well. At some point I'll have to change the colors and pattern of the wall design. Looks like they used a greenish blue in a lot of places throughout the stadium in banners and such.

51.png

Aside from not having conference logos again (shame on you, NFL), this will be the best looking field since 2012, I think. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

51.png

May I ask how you do the stadium layout versions. I could never get that correct

12 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

51.png

Agreed with the normalizing of the colors. If I remember from SB 42 and 49 (both here in Phoenix...actually Glendale, AZ) the NFL grounds crews use the same reds, blues, whites, and ancillary colors when painting the fields. Saves $$$ and actually looks good!

Edited by SFCOM1
Spelling

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Would it kill them to outline the 50's, and 20's? its such a nice touch. They used to always do this, plus outline team names, and numbers. If they just did all of this, it would be so nice, despite lack of conference logos. Can someone do this field with team names, numbers, and 50's and 20's outlined? also the 2 pt conversion lines!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nola field lover said:

Would it kill them to outline the 50's, and 20's? its such a nice touch. They used to always do this, plus outline team names, and numbers. If they just did all of this, it would be so nice, despite lack of conference logos. Can someone do this field with team names, numbers, and 50's and 20's outlined? also the 2 pt conversion lines!

3 hours ago, nola field lover said:

It would make the field look SO much better if they painted the team color stripes on the 20's, and painted the red and blue stripes that border the 50 yard line, and paint the 2 point conversion lines in the team colors, and outline the numbers from the 10 to the 50 yard lines in the team colors, like for the Patriots end of the field, outline from the 10 to the 50 yard line, red and blue, and for the Falcons side of the 50, paint from the 10 to the 50 yard line red and black, that would look AWESOME!!!!!!

Saw a post with a pic of the field over in the Sports Logos section with some paint down on the sideline box for the Falcons.  And its painted.................................BLACK.  NOT RED.  :mad::o

God help me if the endzones are blue and black, just like last year, with no outlining of the teams wordmarks.  SMFH.

9 hours ago, nola field lover said:

If someone else wants to try creating this field go ahead. Grad school started up again and I have Algorithms this semester, so I'm going to be far too busy for fields fairly soon. And why do I get the feeling @nola field lover is also @Saintsfan017?

55 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Saw a post with a pic of the field over in the Sports Logos section with some paint down on the sideline box for the Falcons.  And its painted.................................BLACK.  NOT RED.  :mad::o

God help me if the endzones are blue and black, just like last year, with no outlining of the teams wordmarks.  SMFH.

Do you have a link to this post, I've been looking for it. I think it is disappointing though that they would have a black endzone with a white wordmark. That is the last combo I would have expected, and probably the worst. Why no red in the endzone? The uniforms are red. I'm just done with understanding the decisions that are being made.

***EDIT*** found the pic

IMG_6341.PNG

For sure it will be a navy endzone for the Patriots. And who knows, maybe the Patriots teambox will be red, and the Falcons endzone red. Primary colors for the endzones and secondary for the teamboxes. That would be a nice change of pace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

If someone else wants to try creating this field go ahead. Grad school started up again and I have Algorithms this semester, so I'm going to be far too busy for fields fairly soon. And why do I get the feeling @nola field lover is also @Saintsfan017?

Do you have a link to this post, I've been looking for it. I think it is disappointing though that they would have a black endzone with a white wordmark. That is the last combo I would have expected, and probably the worst. Why no red in the endzone? The uniforms are red. I'm just done with understanding the decisions that are being made.

***EDIT*** found the pic

IMG_6341.PNG

For sure it will be a navy endzone for the Patriots. And who knows, maybe the Patriots teambox will be red, and the Falcons endzone red. Primary colors for the endzones and secondary for the teamboxes. That would be a nice change of pace.

1 minute ago, Saintsfan017 said:

The paint crew better paint the red and blue stripes on the outside of the 20 yard line at the Patriots end of the field, and the red and black stripes on the outside of the 20 yard line at the Falcons end of the field, and paint the red and blue stripes at the 50 yard line, and paint the team colors on both of the two point conversion marks as well, better get to it paint crew