Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:31 PM, pitt6pack said:

I'm sure I'll be making updates to the Super Bowl logo, but I can do that when I do the full field with the teamboxes, but here is the field for Super Bowl 50.

50temp.png

It would have been nice to get Chiefs/Steelers-Vikings as an endzone combo, but it's nice to have some color in the Super Bowl logo again.

Just now, Saintsfan017 said:

I wonder how it would have looked if the team colors for the Broncos and Panthers were painted on the 25's for last year's Super Bowl, along with the red and blue stripes at the 50, and the team colors painted on the two point conversion lines? Sure would be cool to see what it would have looked like :)

3 minutes ago, Lobo70 said:

Looks like a tarp to keep the paint from getting messed up. The other views of the field didn't have any red paint on the actual logo. It would be an interesting change if they actually painted it on, but I don't think it would look better.

13 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Looks like a tarp to keep the paint from getting messed up. The other views of the field didn't have any red paint on the actual logo. It would be an interesting change if they actually painted it on, but I don't think it would look better.

I agree, The logo looks a bit bunched in the surrounding field turf area. 

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, pitt6pack said:

Working on texture. Almost done a first draft, but here is the logo on the field.

sb-texture-full.png

A little rough around the edges, but best I can do with the tools I have.

I STILL wish the NFL paint crew would paint the team colors on the 25's, and the red and blue stripes at the 50, and the team colors on the 2 point conversion lines, I KNOW they can get that done by Sunday, I REALLY want to see that done for the Super Bowl REALLY BAD

8 hours ago, Saintsfan017 said:

I STILL wish the NFL paint crew would paint the team colors on the 25's, and the red and blue stripes at the 50, and the team colors on the 2 point conversion lines, I KNOW they can get that done by Sunday, I REALLY want to see that done for the Super Bowl REALLY BAD

Point has been made (multiple times already). Move on. 

• Like 4

Super Bowl LI: February 5, 2017 - NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas

New England Patriots - 34        Atlanta Falcons - 28        OT

sow1OgE.png

Super Bowl LI Field Without Teamboxes

Spoiler

xwrXTLM.png

I'll update this post in the coming days after the game, since there are always small details on the field or in the stadium that need updated. From what I've seen of the field so far, the Super Bowl logo looks washed out, and very dark, and does have full detail. But we shall see. Go Falcons.

< Super Bowl 50    First Post    Super Bowl LII >

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

I wonder why they are always doing blue end zones for the Pats. Why don't they try silver or something? Also, I notice that there is never a white end zone. Why is that?

That would actually be kinda cool. I think they don't do it because they make it showcase the team's primary color. Maybe the Cowboys would? They should get into the Super Bowl first though.

1 hour ago, DnBronc said:

I wonder why they are always doing blue end zones for the Pats. Why don't they try silver or something? Also, I notice that there is never a white end zone. Why is that?

The Eagles were the only team to go with a silver endzone, in Super Bowl XV. They used silver because of their green helmets, and the fields at that time would be the teams most primary color that was not the helmet color. White endzone would only work if a Rose Bowl style endzone was used, where there is a green border. A white endzone with no border would make it impossible to tell where the sidelines are. 

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Here are some better pictures. For an artificial field, I think it's pretty darn good. The Super Bowl logos don't look as washed out as they have recently on turf.

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6567.JPG

IMG_6570.JPG

The navy brightened up a bit. Looks good. Usually turf fields look darker, but this is good. I would have rather the game been on grass, as it originally would have been. It's funny to think that if Texas didn't have a drought last summer, this game would be on grass. 

• Like 1