Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

4 hours ago, jc... said:

18023_032317stbb0323pf.jpg

I didn't know they did actually paint most of the field on. It looks like the midifield and enzones had patches to be replaced though. My guess is that for the Super Bowl though, we will just see standard numbers and no outlines, and I still wouldn't be surprised if they replaced the turf entirely. There wasn't much of a reason for the NFL to replace the Saints field in Super Bowl XLVII, and they did last year as well, so I'm guessing they will this year too. Bland and simple is the NFL corporate theme these days, so I'd expect them to stick to it.

4 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

As usual at this time of the NFL season, thanks for your work/effort, pitt.  It's appreciated!

3 hours ago, jc... said:

Yes. His attention to detail is amazing. Thanks Pitt! 

Thanks! It's a lot of fun to do it! So I'm glad people can enjoy 

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:
6 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

As usual at this time of the NFL season, thanks for your work/effort, pitt.  It's appreciated!

5 hours ago, jc... said:

Yes. His attention to detail is amazing. Thanks Pitt! 

Thanks! It's a lot of fun to do it! So I'm glad people can enjoy 

Do you realize that as a result of this project, you almost certainly have to be considered one of the world's leading experts on the history of Super Bowl field design?

• Like 2

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

7 minutes ago, Veras said:

Do you realize that as a result of this project, you almost certainly have to be considered one of the world's leading experts on the history of Super Bowl field design?

Yes, in many ways this would be true for pitt. But we all have contributed to this legacy. Just by our responces, our requests. And by providing the information, pictures, weblinks, personal recolections; as well as youtube videos and diagrams. We all have made this one of the longest running threads on the CCSLC boards!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

8 hours ago, Veras said:

8 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Yes, in many ways this would be true for pitt. But we all have contributed to this legacy. Just by our responces, our requests. And by providing the information, pictures, weblinks, personal recolections; as well as youtube videos and diagrams. We all have made this one of the longest running threads on the CCSLC boards!

At this point I should know just about as much as anyone about the field designs, I'd say that. I'd also say though that this project has been a collective effort, because I definitely didn't get the fields right the first time around, or the second, or the third ... Every once in a while I'll see a new picture, or one of you will post one on here that makes me change an element of a field. At this point though they are mostly nailed down I think, but there is always room for improvement. 

30 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Can we see the four possible end zones? 

I’ll get the chance to post some concepts tomorrow. I don’t have my laptop at the moment. 

Other note though, I forgot that the Vikings midfield is a cutout, and so are the endzones, so I guess they won’t have to replace the whole field. I think they will paint a standard number font, and not what the Vikings have now. If you looked close at the divisional playoff logos, the purple wasn’t painted on the inside. Hopefully they will keep the outline of the 25s painted team colors, but I doubt the NFal would allow it. 

3 hours ago, jc... said:

Go back about 2 pages. 

I meant the match-ups, not the individual end zones. We have Pats-Eagles, but not the other 3.

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I’ll get the chance to post some concepts tomorrow. I don’t have my laptop at the moment. 

Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, lmh1194 said:

Looking at some post-game videos following the Saints-Vikings divisional game, you could see numerous rolls of turf out on the field which would indicate new turf for the Super Bowl.

They may be for the baseball field. 

18023_032317stbb0323pf.jpg

There is extra turf needed to cover from parts of center field to right field.

Where were the rolls of turf at?

On 1/15/2018 at 7:51 AM, jc... said:

I could see the lettering for the Vikings being yellow also. It's that way on their jersey. 

I could see that as a possibility as well. And really, I have no idea what the Jaguars would do. A black endzone means they would probably add a white boarder around the logo, and I'd have to guess a white wordmark. Black seems to be the Jags most prominent color, so it wouldn't be surprising to see a black endzone. I don't see them using gold as the endzone color. Possibly gold lettering, but that's a stretch. I'll have to get some alternate endzone designs for the Vikings and Jaguars when I get the chance. We already know what a Patriots endzone would look like, and the eagles endzone would most certainly be as I did above.

They had rolls of turf on little carts scattered throughout the entire field, indicating they are probably going to be replacing the entire turf field for the Super Bowl.

I know the NFL typically takes control of the Super Bowl stadium as soon as week 17 is over but they had to wait until after the Vikings playoff run.  That is why the NFL was worried about the tight timeframe had Minnesota hosted the NFC Championship game.

There is no baseball being played in the stadium until after the Super Bowl as the NFL now has control of the venue.

Here are some alternate enzones for the Vikings and Jags

Ziz0BO4.png

Much better than the white lettering, and hopefully this is what we'd see if the Vikings make it, but because they use white on their own home field, I'd guess white letters.

zCiFYZ5.png

CzWYPto.png

u7ozEF4.png

I think the black and gold would be my favorite out of any choice for the Jags, but the NFL would probably go with black and white letters. The logo I don't think would have a white outline, since their secondary logo when on black, does not have a white outline: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/15919862013/Jacksonville_Jaguars/2013/Alternate_Logo

Of all the field combos, I'd say this may be the best to see:KURU9lI.png

• Like 2