Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

• 2 months later...

The Chiefs are having a throwback day this week and got inspiration from their Super Bowl end zone. Reports say the old Municipal Stadium end zone is the inspiration, but this was their SB I end zone first.

spacer.png

There's no yellow paint in the Muni end zones in the Chiefs' 1966 highlight film:

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1174823265375834112
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 4:03 PM, DZ said:

The Chiefs are having a throwback day this week and got inspiration from their Super Bowl end zone. Reports say the old Municipal Stadium end zone is the inspiration, but this was their SB I end zone first.

spacer.png

There's no yellow paint in the Muni end zones in the Chiefs' 1966 highlight film:

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1174823265375834112

Slight difference in the wordmark actually. The C and S had curved ends in Super Bowl I:

1.png

As opposed to the straight ends Sunday:

KC_2019%5E1.png

Sundays wordmark may be closer to what they had in Super Bowl IV, or on their field in the late 60's / early 70's:

4.png

KC_1971%5E2.png

Now, it could match better to one of their fields from '63-'67, but I'm not sure if I've seen too much video for that, other that what you've linked above.

• 2 weeks later...

I started thinking more and more about what the league will do with the field in Super Bowl LIV, because I think they have to use the 100 Anniversary logo, the Super Bowl logo, AND the actual NFL logo.  If the NFL logo stays at the 50, and the Super Bowl logo at the 25, it seems like the 100th Anniversary logo is destined for the endzones. 

The Seahawks have put the 100th anniversary logo in their endzone and as we found out, the league is leaning on what team's do on their home field.  I'm wondering if the 100th anniversary logo gets put into the endzone for SBLIV.  Spacing would need to be fixed, but I don't know if they care.  Just something to chew for the regular season.

spacer.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DJB said:

I started thinking more and more about what the league will do with the field in Super Bowl LIV, because I think they have to use the 100 Anniversary logo, the Super Bowl logo, AND the actual NFL logo.  If the NFL logo stays at the 50, and the Super Bowl logo at the 25, it seems like the 100th Anniversary logo is destined for the endzones. 

The Seahawks have put the 100th anniversary logo in their endzone and as we found out, the league is leaning on what team's do on their home field.  I'm wondering if the 100th anniversary logo gets put into the endzone for SBLIV.  Spacing would need to be fixed, but I don't know if they care.  Just something to chew for the regular season.

You make a good point. I was also wondering what they'd do, since we haven't seen the NFL 100 logo at midfield for any team this year, and, it looks like the regular NFL logo will be at midfield for the game in London this weekend.

So I think you're on the right track. I can see the normal NFL logo at midfield, Super Bowl Logo at the 25s, and then I would think each teams wordmark centered in the endzeon, with their team logo on the left, and the NFL 100 logo on the right. Unless of course the team that makes it to the Super Bowl typically displays their team logo right of their wordmark (Seahawks, Jets), then I could see the NFL 100 logo on the other side. 

It'll be interesting to see. I believe the teams get some say in their endzone. Last year the Rams used their helmet logo and gold endzones to match their uniforms, but their endzeon did not include the NFC logo, like they have at their home field. The Patriots since Super Bowl LI have shifted from their home field endzones (like in Super Bowl XLIX) to having thier logo on the left.

I'm hoping for the best. Maybe two teams who have taller wormarks as opposed to wider ones. I am excited that the game will be played on grass this year, for only the 3rd time since the switch to templated Super Bowl logos. Super Bowl fields just look so much better on grass.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Super Bowl, but I figured this would be the best place to put NFL Championship Game Fields.

1958 NFL Championship Game

Baltimore Colts - 23        New York Giants - 17        OT

NYG_1958%5Echamp.png

@SFCOM1 has also re-created a couple of NFL championship games, which can be seen here:

1953: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/playoffs/1953/r1024/DET_1953^champ.png

1957: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/playoffs/1957/r1024/DET_1957^champ.png 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cjpowerbomb said:

Seeing the 1958 NFL Championship made me try my hand at the 1966 NFL Championship

1966%20NFL%20Championship_zpsnwymz0cc.pn

Could you try hosting the image on a different site? Photobucket isn't an actual image hosting site anymore, just a blurry advertisement for itself.

From what I can kind of see, looks pretty good. Kind of a precursor to the Super Bowl I field, with the alternating colors on the number markers, and block letter endzones. Distinctly a 1960's era field.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:44 PM, pitt6pack said:

Could you try hosting the image on a different site? Photobucket isn't an actual image hosting site anymore, just a blurry advertisement for itself.

From what I can kind of see, looks pretty good. Kind of a precursor to the Super Bowl I field, with the alternating colors on the number markers, and block letter endzones. Distinctly a 1960's era field.

Done.  Re-added from another photo site.  I'll try to add others I've done later.

• 1 month later...

Well, all four of the dreaded blue end zone teams play in the Wild Card round in the AFC. 

And the only blue end zone for the NFC belongs to the Seahawks who I believe will play in the Wild Card round, win or lose. 

Let's get some color this year!

iq5b7nF.png

16 hours ago, jc... said:

Well, all four of the dreaded blue end zone teams play in the Wild Card round in the AFC. 

And the only blue end zone for the NFC belongs to the Seahawks who I believe will play in the Wild Card round, win or lose. 

Let's get some color this year!

The good news is that the Bills and Texans play each other, the Titans and Patriots play each other, so at least two blue endzones will be eliminated. The Seahawks have three road games to win (most likely) if they want to go to the Super Bowl, so hard to see them make it, but really, the NFC is wide open. The AFC winners this weekend will both have road games in the divisional round, so I'm rooting for home teams that round to eliminate all blue endzones.

I'll have to get some team endzones made up, now that the playoff teams are set.

• Like 1

Possible Super Bowl LIV Endzone designs for the 2019 playoffs teams.

AFC

udF4Gia.png

iVjHxmx.png

lpHjpyp.png

ay5SIqD.png

MJQr5C2.png

K76UJZt.png

NFC

lwMpDba.png

zPPL1r4.png

kBmuY6S.png

jvqlZ2Z.png

QStBrey.png

LHe83kv.png

I kept with the current Super Bowl endzone pattern. Team logo and wordmark only centered in the endzone. Since this Super Bowl will be played on grass, the navy endzones will be a lighter shade, as in Super Bowl XLIX. So I used the same navy shade I have from that Super Bowl for the Patriots and Seahawks. For the Texans I used the navy shade they had when their field was grass. For the Titans I used the shade of navy they use on their home field. For all teams that play on grass, I matched the color shades from their home fields. For the Saints, I matched their endzone colors and logos from Super Bowl XLIX, also in Miami. 

I believe the Titans would use a navy endzone, as that would match their home field endzone look most closely. Given that the 49ers have been using the throwback wordmark the past two seasons, I could see them using it in the Super Bowl. Given last years game, with the Rams having their throwback endzone, I can see the NFL allowing this for the 49ers.

The one difference I can see happening this year in the endzones could be the addition of the NFL 100 logo, if the standard NFL logo is used at midfield. In that case I would think the NFL 100 logo would be at the right of the endzones, logos left, and wordmarks centered.

• Like 2

Some Requests:

• Texans: Red End Zone
  • Patriots: Red End Zone
  • Seahawks: Silver or Green End Zone
  • Eagles: Silver or Black End Zone
  • Titans: Columbia Blue and or End Zones
  • Bills: Red End Zone
  • Chiefs: Yellow End Zone
  • Vikings: Yellow End Zone

They would be on a Template as follows: Helmet on the Left (current, not 2-bar, like the Rams last year), Wordmark, and Conference Logo on the Right. I picked these colors since the contrast with the Helmets. Also would e nice to see it with the 4 teams not listed.

da0Lbhs.png

Rooting for my Eagles of course, but if they can't make it (which they won't), I want to see any team from the NFC except Seattle.

What a crapshow in the AFC. Guess I will root for the Chiefs. But I did that last year (and for the Saints) and look what it got us: blue on blue Super Bowl. Ugghhhhhh....

16 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Some Requests:

• Texans: Red End Zone
  • Patriots: Red End Zone
  • Seahawks: Silver or Green End Zone
  • Eagles: Silver or Black End Zone
  • Titans: Columbia Blue and or End Zones
  • Bills: Red End Zone
  • Chiefs: Yellow End Zone
  • Vikings: Yellow End Zone

They would be on a Template as follows: Helmet on the Left (current, not 2-bar, like the Rams last year), Wordmark, and Conference Logo on the Right. I picked these colors since the contrast with the Helmets. Also would e nice to see it with the 4 teams not listed.

I'd love to do these; do you have a good modern helmet template? I have a good modern helmet from the GUD template blank_current.png

But I think it has too much detail for an endzone helmet. In the meantime I could try some retro style endzones.

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I'd love to do these; do you have a good modern helmet template? I have a good modern helmet from the GUD template blank_current.png

But I think it has too much detail for an endzone helmet. In the meantime I could try some retro style endzones.

id ask @oldschoolvikings if you could use the helmet from his uniform template. That should be a good enough one for the endzone

10 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

No, no. I meant modern as in not a Two Bar Helmet. I was implying the standard Riddell VSR-4 that the NFL uses in all their marketing and in the Style Guide. Also used in the Rams Field, Dolphins Throwback Fields, and in the Early 2000’s Super Bowls.

EDIT: Like this concept you made Last Year for Super Bowl LIII, but just the end zones.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png