Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XXXII: January 25, 1998 - Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, California

Green Bay Packers - 24         Denver Broncos - 31

L2PVKYd.png

Super Bowl XXXII field without team boxes

Spoiler

9jwadt3.png

This was a good looking field, except for the AFC logo being squeezed in the Broncos endzone.

This will also be the last field I can get done before I head back to school, so it may be a week or so before I can get XXXIII done, but I will at least be able to reuse some of the Broncos logos from this field.

< Super Bowl XXXI    First Post    Super Bowl XXXIII >

One of the worst days of my life as a Packers fan. Mike Holmgren really dropped the ball here, and was already one foot out the door on the way to Seattle. I saw Super Bowl XL as karma.

One of the worst days of my life as a Packers fan. Mike Holmgren really dropped the ball here, and was already one foot out the door on the way to Seattle. I saw Super Bowl XL as karma.

I remember this game. I was always a huge Elway fan (Broncos are my AFC team) and was thrilled to see him win. That and I was the only one I knew that thought they had a chance.

Lots of "Nyah Nyah" the next week

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

My finest hour as a Broncos fan. I was in 7th grade, and when Mobley broke up Favre's 4th Down throw, the water works began. The tears subsided soon after, but "This one's for John" immediately resumed them. I, too, was the only one that gave them any chance.

Even watching highlights to this day, I get the biggest goosebumps

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I am currently working on SB XXXIII, but I need some help getting a good image of the Falcons wordmark if anyone can find one, or a video. What I've seen so far is very bad quality and I really can't see much.

303.gif

What I can't see is if the black boarder is there, if so how wide, if not I'm assuming the red boarder for each letter would then be black. Also I'm not sure about the inner red shading and "Atlanta" on the wordmark. Other then that I have everything else taken care of.

Yes the black border is there! Along with the smaller fed outline on the letters. The word "Atlanta" in not the endzone. The border looks to be about half as thick as the example in your post.

KissSuperbowl99.jpg

Edited by SFCOM1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Yes the black border is there! Along with the smaller fed outline on the letters. The word "Atlanta" in not the endzone. The border looks to be about half as thick as the example in your post.

KissSuperbowl99.jpg

Thanks! Awesome picture, I'll try to get the field done tomorrow

I am just putting the final touches on the Super Bowl XXXIII field. Just to show a bit my process for "cleaning-up" bad resolution images here is my progression for the Super Bowl XXXIII logo.

33_cleanup_progression_zpsa7e8e44f.png

I just need to add the white boarder and put the logo on the field and SB XXXIII will be complete.

Super Bowl XXXIII: January 31, 1999 - Pro Player Stadium, Miami, Florida

Denver Broncos - 34         Atlanta Falcons - 19

VqZuibF.png

Super Bowl XXXIII field without team boxes

Spoiler

zR2H2dV.png

This is one of my favorite fields to have the Super Bowl logo at midfield. The Super Bowl logo was perfect for the 50 yard line, and the Falcons wordmark is classic (although rarely used during its time), plus they painted about everything they could for this one.

< Super Bowl XXXII    First Post    Super Bowl XXXIV >

Super Bowl XXXIII: January 31, 1999 - Pro Player Stadium, Miami, Florida

Denver Broncos - 34 Atlanta Falcons - 19

33_zps6578d9aa.png

This is one of my favorite fields to have the Super Bowl logo at midfield. The Super Bowl logo was perfect for the 50 yard line, and the Falcons wordmark is classic, plus they painted about everything they could for this one.

< Super Bowl XXXII First Post Super Bowl XXXIV >

Atlanta got in and shocked the Vikings in the NFC Championship Game, probably the best team (until maybe last years' Broncos squad) to not win the Super Bowl.

All it took was a push from Gary Anderson and the other Andersen, Morten drilled his own FG to shock Minnesota on the Vikes' home turf.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I don't think I ever saw that Falcons wordmark prior to tuning in the Super Bowl broadcast. I don't remember it being used in their end zones at the Dome. It really caught me by surprise as I was expecting the old block letter mark they had used for as long as I could remember.

• Like 1

I don't think I ever saw that Falcons wordmark prior to tuning in the Super Bowl broadcast. I don't remember it being used in their end zones at the Dome. It really caught me by surprise as I was expecting the old block letter mark they had used for as long as I could remember.

This was the endzone art for the Georgia Dome in the early-to-mid 90s, I don't think it changed much in 4 years...

georgia_dome_1.jpg

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXXIV: January 30, 2000 - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia

St. Louis Rams - 23         Tennessee Titans - 16

Kf5pnAK.png

Super Bowl XXXIV field without team boxes

Spoiler

EjrdPPA.png

< Super Bowl XXXIII    First Post    Super Bowl XXXV >

Super Bowl XXXIV: January 30, 2000 - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia

St. Louis Rams - 23 Tennessee Titans - 16

34_zps8d48e86a.png

< Super Bowl XXXIII First Post Super Bowl XXXV >

One yard short from the first ever OT Super Bowl. It's also a little weird to see the Titans and Rams use these wordmarks but without their city/state name included with them.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png