Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Man, some bad memories from this game. Glad the Saints got their Super Bowl win after all the city had gone through, just wish it hadn't come against my Colts.

I thought it was weird the Saints went with the gold endzone. I feel like black would've generally looked better, but the gold does provide a nice contrast.

Man, some bad memories from this game. Glad the Saints got their Super Bowl win after all the city had gone through, just wish it hadn't come against my Colts.

I thought it was weird the Saints went with the gold endzone. I feel like black would've generally looked better, but the gold does provide a nice contrast.

Here is an alternate with a black endzone for the saints. Maybe they went with a gold endzone because the Saints logo is outlined in black, and most likely the logo would have been painted like I have below with one less surrounding stripe. I think the black looks good, but I'm not sure which I actually like better. I was expecting a black endzone for the game, but I didn't have a problem with the gold.

44-Alt_zpsc5bf76e7.png

One thing I found odd though was the color of gold, used. It seemed more like the older gold used by the Saints up until 1999, than their current gold.

904.gif907.gif

The last of the unique SB logos was one of the best with that goalpost snuggled in between the L and the I.

I feel like somebody whose favorite TV show is ending it's run, given that we are down to the final four Super Bowls. Speaking of which, has anybody done a series like this with the Final Four courts?

I feel like somebody whose favorite TV show is ending it's run, given that we are down to the final four Super Bowls. Speaking of which, has anybody done a series like this with the Final Four courts?

Well, after all the SB fields are done, pittpack said he's going to attempt a "what-if" series of Super Bowls featuring the losers of the conference championship games that year. And about the Final Four courts, that's a really cool idea; someone should attempt that.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Well, after all the SB fields are done, pittpack said he's going to attempt a "what-if" series of Super Bowls featuring the losers of the conference championship games that year. And about the Final Four courts, that's a really cool idea; someone should attempt that.

I'm looking forward to the alternate Super Bowl's, but I might do the current NFL fields first since I need them for my simulation. But before I get to any of that, I want to do my predictions and what I would want to see for the Super Bowl XLIX and 50 fields since we have the logos. I planned on just picking teams for the endzones without much thought, except for the Bengals since I'm not exactly sure what they would have if they made the Super Bowl, so I wanted to give a stab at it. So if anyone has some team suggestions for those fields, have at it.

Use the Jags. A half black, half gold end zone.

I forgot that when I first came up with this I wanted to use the Jaguars, but I'm not sure what you mean about half gold half black, I will give it a shot though. My plan was to use what the Jaguars have on their field when they have it fully painted in black (that includes "Jacksonville" with the wordmark)

I was just trying to make a joke at the expense of their two tone helmets. You do it however you think it will turn out best.

I thought it might have been, but then I thought maybe you meant a teal endzone with "Jacksonville" in gold and "Jaguars" in black, or something along those lines so I had to be sure.

On another note, I have the alternate fields for Super Bowl's XLV-XLVIII done already, so I guess that's what I'll do next, and I think I'll go in reverse order this time.

Actualy been working on the Endzone the Year Detroit almost made the super bowl (1991 or 1992) They got beat by the Redskins that year in the NFC championship game. I'll have to look at how the endzone at the Pontiac Silver dome looked that year for ideas! ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Anybody else have the field diagrams replaced by an ad for photobucket or did something slip by my antivirus.

Sometimes pittpack will remove previous versions of a field after he made changes. Look back in the thread's history; you'll see a lot of Photobucket error messages.

As poplular as this thread is he might of hit his bandwidth!

Yeah, sorry I hit the bandwidth limit, and I think I won't get anything to show up again until October 2nd. I know a round about way to get around this in the future but the images will display in their full original size, so if you click on them it becomes an annoyance because they are so large you have to scroll across the entire screen to close it out. So if I did go the round about way and forget Photobucket all together I would have to re-size all the images on my computer first which could take a while.

*** update

Turns out my round about way won't work because I get an invalid image type or something when I try to post an image. So does anyone know the file type the image has to be to be posted here, PNG will not work.

I just took a look with my mediafire acct, but it is only links. And the entire field databse (along with fields I alreday have done for other teams) at current is more than the free account will let me have up as well! Anyone else have any ideas?