Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

So I've started construction on a website. It's not going to be anything fancy, just utilitarian for now just so I can copy the image URL's to post them here. Here is a link to what's up so far.

http://cisprod.clarion.edu/~s_arsnelick/SuperBowlFields/43.html

There are navigation links on the top of the page. I only have XLIII, XLIV and XLV up there right now, and I'll work on getting the rest up there in the coming week or so. I will also have XLV posted here tomorrow.

I had to re-scale all the images to a width of 1280px to solve the problem of huge images when clicked on this site which reduced the image quality slightly.

Super Bowl XLV: February 6, 2011 - Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas

Pittsburgh Steelers - 25         Green Bay Packers - 31

5PTMqGC.png

Super Bowl XLV field without team boxes:

Spoiler

Cb1FAGJ.png

The first of the fields with the templated logos. They were too lazy to change the paint around the numbers, and the Super Bowl logo just looked washed out. Also, for the first time since Super Bowl VI, the home endzone was on the right side of the field. I'm guessing this is because in this stadium that is where the home endzone normally is, but in later years they just began alternating the endzones again regardless of which endzone was the home endzone for the stadium.

< Super Bowl XLIV    First Post    Super Bowl XLVI >

Yep. Everything about hosting that Super Bowl was lazy. The Stadium rolled out the "replacement" parts of their field turf, so not to paint over the star and the endzones (AT&T field has all the logos sewn into the field.) So if you look closely the endzones, the area around the SB logo, and the center of the field where all a slightly darker shade of green!

Edited by SFCOM1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Some of the early Super Bowls pre SB 8 had the home team in the right end zone for example SB 4 the Vikings were on the left and the Chiefs were on the right

Yeah, you're right, I was just too lazy to go back and check on this one. Still doesn't change the fact that this field (and game for Steelers fans) was a huge disappointment.

Cool, you go to Clarion. I went to Lock Haven. I remember when you beat us in football 69-0 (I think it was 1988 and I was working in the LHU Sports Information Office). That led to a food fight riot in the dining hall that night after the game.

Clarion football these days would be more likely to be on the other end of a 69-0 score. The team is more of a joke than the Steelers effort against the Buccaneers today.

Will the Super Bowl XLV field (and XLVI-XLVIII) be resized to match the size of the previous 44 Super Bowls?

Since I'm ditching Photobucket it will probably be the other way around. The way I'm doing it now is by copying all my original PNG's and converting them to JPG's so I can post them on this site. I've resized everything to have a width of 1280px because it fits nice on any resolution 1366x768 or greater which is most computers these days. But how does the size now compare to the old size?

*** Edit ***

What I might do is have the field pictures come from Photobucket and the on-field logos come from my website. This will keep the field size consistent with what I've been posting, and solve the bandwidth problem from Photobucket.

Pittsburgh Steelers - 25 Green Bay Packers - 31

45.jpg

The first of the fields with the templated logos. They were too lazy to change the paint around the numbers, and the Super Bowl logo just looked washed out. Also, for the first time since Super Bowl VI, the home endzone was on the right side of the field. I'm guessing this is because in this stadium that is where the home endzone normally is, but in later years they just began alternating the endzones again regardless of which endzone was the home endzone for the stadium.

< Super Bowl XLIV First Post Website Super Bowl XLIV >

The first Super Bowl that WE hosted... and they give us this lazy ass field and start the corporate cookie-cutter logo with us.

smh.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The first Super Bowl that WE hosted... and they give us this lazy ass field and start the corporate cookie-cutter logo with us.

smh.

Not to mention the damn seating debacle and that freak-ass winter storm the week of the game. That was a disaster for Dallas, but they'll get another chance to host one; the NFL would be foolish not to at least give AT&T Stadium another shot.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

smh.

Not to mention the damn seating debacle and that freak-ass winter storm the week of the game. That was a disaster for Dallas, but they'll get another chance to host one; the NFL would be foolish not to at least give AT&T Stadium another shot.

They will defiantly bring the Super Bowl back to Dallas because AT&T Stadium is a big time stadium, which has seen so many College football games be played there as well as this years National Championship. Since Jerry didn't get the bid for Super Bowl 50, I'm sure he'll go for Super Bowl LIV which will be at the end of the NFL's 100th season.

They will defiantly bring the Super Bowl back to Dallas because AT&T Stadium is a big time stadium, which has seen so many College football games be played there as well as this years National Championship. Since Jerry didn't get the bid for Super Bowl 50, I'm sure he'll go for Super Bowl LIV which will be at the end of the NFL's 100th season.

Hopefully, they'll learn from their mistakes and not commit the same missteps twice, because the game was competitive at points and had a relatively exciting finish.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

smh.

And having everything spread out might have been an issue as well.

Just Dallas and Fort Worth should have everything (with the game in Arlington, of course).

Dallas gets the NFC with half the events and Ft. Worth gets the AFC with the other half of the events.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers - 25 Green Bay Packers - 31

45.jpg

< Super Bowl XLIV First Post Website Super Bowl XLIV >

Hey man. Awesome job on these fields and I know how you feel about Photobucket (I can't update my signature since that website corrupts my images).

Anyway, I've found over the last couple of years fan-made Super Bowl logos in response to the current, corporate logo system the NFL actually has. I have fan-made ones for Super Bowls 45, 48 and 49 (I had one of 46 but the flash drive containing it got corrupted and I never encountered a good 47 logo).

Could you please superimpose this logo I found for SB XLV in place of the actual logo, just to see what could have been? Thanks!

rsz_sb45.png

Hey man. Awesome job on these fields and I know how you feel about Photobucket (I can't update my signature since that website corrupts my images).

Anyway, I've found over the last couple of years fan-made Super Bowl logos in response to the current, corporate logo system the NFL actually has. I have fan-made ones for Super Bowls 45, 48 and 49 (I had one of 46 but the flash drive containing it got corrupted and I never encountered a good 47 logo).

Could you please superimpose this logo I found for SB XLV in place of the actual logo, just to see what could have been? Thanks!

rsz_sb45.png

Sure. I've seen this logo before and I'm using it somewhere on my computer, not sure where though.

Speaking of other logos, one of the best alternate logos I've seen has come from logoroy on this site on this thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97090-super-bowl-xlix-logo-concept/

czI2gfS.png

This would be a great actual logo for the game, and I was going to use it in one of my XLIX fields for what I would like to see for the game.

And another thing about the templated logos, we know that Super Bowl L would not have worked, but what about Super Bowl LXXXVIII?

Super%20Bowl%20LXXXVIII%20Logo.jpg

what a joke