Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

I am enjoying the textures. One of the more difficult parts of this effort has been the colors of the field itself. The "Current" version of the field for SB XLIX looks as correct as I can place it. I havea very large file I found on Bing. Giving a "Birds eye" view of the entire field. During the team intoductions. The colors look right, though the yard lines and borders look a bit more "Cream", but that could be the fact the roof was open, and the new LED lights had not taken full effect at the time of the picture.

Are you using photoshop or Photoshop elements? That is how I did texures on some of my earlier attempts.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I like the after, it looks more like astro turf. the before looks more like field turf imo

Okay, thanks for the input. For field turf I think I'm going to do an altogether different texture.

How on earth did you do this??????

I am enjoying the textures. One of the more difficult parts of this effort has been the colors of the field itself. The "Current" version of the field for SB XLIX looks as correct as I can place it. I havea very large file I found on Bing. Giving a "Birds eye" view of the entire field. During the team intoductions. The colors look right, though the yard lines and borders look a bit more "Cream", but that could be the fact the roof was open, and the new LED lights had not taken full effect at the time of the picture.

Are you using photoshop or Photoshop elements? That is how I did texures on some of my earlier attempts.

I'm still working on the white for these fields, I want to try and get more contrast because right now the white just looks too flat.

To answer how I've been adding the texture, all I have is Paint and GIMP, but I only use GIMP to change the color of the texture. The grass texture I got from Unity 3D, which is a program for making 3D games. They had a grass texture so I just copied it into paint, then scaled it, then pasted the pattern to the size of fields.

In Unity 3D

temp1_zpsx39efhxv.png

After pasting pattern into paint

zdef4_zpseykcn7ly.png

For the astro-turf, I just scaled and duplicated this image (I think this image) across the field area

astroturf.jpg

Then I isolate the different colors on the field, so I can add the texture to the colors individually. This way if I need to edit one color, I don't need to redo the texture for the entire field.

zblue_endzone_zpsk3hn5zec.png

The next thing I do is open the grass texture template in GIMP and use Colorize, and shade the grass accordingly

temp1_zpswnqtpozz.png

And finally in Paint add texture to the isolated color image and paste that to the field.

temp1_zpsetk25anw.png

It's quite a long and tedious process, but the result is worth it.

And today is the one year anniversary of this thread :flagusa::winner::flagcanada:

• Like 3

And today is the one year anniversary of this thread :flagusa::winner::flagcanada:

Wow! It has been a year. This thread has been great, I am glad to heve been a part of it! :woot:

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I've been working on a field turf texture, and this is what I got

txtexamplefldtrf_zpsgbdfkmrs.png

And compared with the other two

Grass

txtexample_zpsc6nbs13u.png

Astro-turf

txtexampleart_zpslwc0z5wp.png

The goal of the field turf was to be like grass, but less variation, and like astro-turf with more variation.

And full use with the worst Super Bowl field

OkE4LKv.png

Let me know what you think

I like the grass and astro turf ones a lot the field turf is okay think it could use a bit more texture to look a little more grass like

I like how you did the turfs especially the astro turf... Can't wait to see how the Super Bowl XVI field turns out with the turf.

I really didn't like how the field-turf looked, so I tried it again. I also updated the white on the grass field.

So here are all of the textures now.

Grass: Updated the white.

txtexample_zpst8libwqp.png

Field-turf: Made it similar to grass, but with less texture variation. Field-turf will also have a darker/bluer shade than grass.

txtexamplefldtrf_zpsom0vusyv.png

Full field

fEIXsZh.png

Astro-turf: Didn't change anything.

txtexampleart_zpslwc0z5wp.png

Edited by pitt6pack

• 1 month later...

Its been a while, but I tried the grass texture out on another field, Super Bowl XIV.

WEMghhv.png

I'm going to stick with this texture for the grass as I don't have any problems with it. I may take another look at the astro-turf texture to get it to look something more like what Veras has done in his AFA fields because I like the way that turned out. In addition to adding texture to this field I made a change to the '3' and at this point I have updated all the fields back to Super Bowl XIX (which is not posted because I'm trying to add texture to that one as well), and have IX, X, and XIII updated as well. That's all I have for now, and I'm not sure what I'll be able to fix this summer is anything at all because I'm busy. I may put back up the non-updated fields that are missing from their respective posts at some point just so some version of those fields are present in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some general announcements for this thread

I put back up the old versions of some of the fields that I took down because they needed updated. I figured it was better to have something up rather than nothing, and I few people have been asking about them. For the most part those fields just need updates to the numbers, and the helmets especially. There is a disclaimer above the fields that are not yet updated. My goal is to have all the fields completely done before the this years playoffs begin.

The other news is I have set up a Photobucket for the full sized fields that I feel are complete and don't need any more updating. They have the full texture and everything. That can be found at the below link, and I'll also put the link on the first post.

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/snelickcis370/library/?sort=3&page=1

• 2 months later...

I recently re-did the Super Bowl XI field, and since there were quite a bit of changes I figured I would post them.

Old

hTnbjSh.png

New

g5RGT3j.png

Besides the texture, the number font changed to the same as Super Bowl XIV (also at the Rose Bowl), the blue in the endzones is a different color than on the field, I added paint around the extra point lines, the Raiders wordmark is larger and the letters do not touch each other (made the same changes in SB XV and XVIII), the helmets have white facemasks, and the Raiders helmet had many changes.

Another interesting not from Super Bowl XVIII, the Redskins logo on their helmet in the endzone was the same as from Super Bowl XVII, but at the time that was not the actual team logo, but the one from the prior season which they had only used for that one season (1982).

I am almost complete updating all the fields, and adding texture is still a ways off, but I think I'm still on pace for my goal of having all the texture added by the start of this seasons NFL playoffs.

As for the full sized fields, they can still be found on the same Photobucket account, but eventually I'm going to have to re-upload them to multiple accounts in order, because of their size.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work on the textures however there's a "I" missing on the 26 above the design.

Thanks, I fixed it.

I had to make some changes to the field for Super Bowl XXIX, but mostly in the midfield logo.

Before

tmp3_zpshkz45i7v.png

After

tmp1_zpsrqbhimmd.png

I removed the blue stripe around "75", and kept the diamond all the same color. I also darkened the Chargers endzone slightly.

For this field I needed a dirt texture, and this is what I got

tmp4_zps3lltobmn.png

on the field

tmp2_zpsm2zsiofp.png

The texture was derived from this image, and I adjusted the color

Pro%20Gold%20Infield%20Mix%20Collegiate%

Real nice effects and color tone for the dirt. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see the new current fields for this year due to the fields with the NFL logo for Super Bowl 50.

This series might be my favorite out of any on this forum, simply due to the time and effort you have put in to make every field as accurate as possible. It is seriously impressive. You're awesome!

Thanks! Much appreciated. As for the current NFL fields, I probably won't get a chance to work on those at all until December maybe. I just have too much going on right now.

Super Bowl 26

sorry not able to post links for some reason

looking at youtube video on super bowl 26 by a pixocas carocaro at approx. 59 19 there appears to be a thin line of green turf behind the bills endzone before the metrodome "dirt" starts

Just say NO to gray facemasks.