Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Super Bowl 26

sorry not able to post links for some reason

looking at youtube video on super bowl 26 by a pixocas carocaro at approx. 59 19 there appears to be a thin line of green turf behind the bills endzone before the metrodome "dirt" starts

Yup, I see it. I scaled it out to be a foot in width. It actually looks like they filled in the "dirt" areas to the side of the endzone as well. Thanks for pointing that out. It should be and easy fix.

*EDIT*

I made the change

*EDIT 2*

While I'm here, I updated Super Bowl VIII and added texture

Edited by pitt6pack
  • Like 1

pitt6pack,

I don't know if you do it but do you do NFL team fields?

Yeah, here

These were from last year though, and have a few problems, and I never got around to finishing them all. I mentioned this in this thread on the last page, but I'm probably not going to be getting any work on that thread done for a while. I've got too much going on right now.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on trying to finally get a texture that I like for the modern field turf fields, and with some help from MCH925 I think I finally got what I was looking for. Here is the new texture (I did my best to match the field color from Super Bowl XLVIII)

zztmp_zpsoohoapta.png

I'm going to try a full field (SB40) to do a complete test, but I think I like what I got.

***EDIT***

So I tried it out on Super Bowl XL, and I think I'm going to stick with this texture. Here are some samples:

zztmp40_zpsyxz9xrdx.png

40_Seahawks_Endzone_Logos_zpsz9ik2b9w.pn

zzsblogo-copy_zpscv9maqpe.png

Edited by pitt6pack
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hopefully within the next week or so, this project, along with other field re-creations I have done will become an extension of the Gridiron Uniform Database, as the Gridiron Field Database. I'll post a link once it's all figured out.

On another note, I've finally finished adding texture to all the fields, so now it's just a wait until February until we get the field for Super Bowl 50. I've got a field template of what I expect to see, and a first shot at endzones I would expect to see. I still have no idea what to expect for the NFC conference logos, but I guess that will all be sorted out once we get a first look at the field, and as long as the Seahawks don't make it back.

50temp_zpszcq4tibd.png

AFC

1 - Denver Broncos (12-4)

zz_A1_Broncos_zps6juyheux.png

2 - New England Patriots (12-4)

zz_A2_Patriots_zpsnxttjj6c.png

3 - Cincinnati Bengals (12-4)

zz_A3_Bengals_zpssourizcx.png

4 - Houston Texans (9-7)

zz_A4_Texans_zpsxe25mhdn.png

5 - Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)

zz_A5_Chiefs_zpsnkqrqpru.png

6 - Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)

zz_A6_Steelers_zpsebx1ahvd.png

• Like 1

NFC

1 - Carolina Panthers (15-1)

zz_N1_Panthers_zps2zrbsx7x.png

2 - Arizona Cardinals (13-3)

zz_N2_Cardinals_zpslgrf8ysj.png

3 - Minnesota Vikings (11-5)

zz_N3_Vikings_zpsibkynb50.png

4 - Washington Redskins (9-7)

zz_N4_Redskins_zpspwgobjua.png

5 - Green Bay Packers (10-6)

zz_N5_Packers_zpskk5vu7qx.png

6 - Seattle Seahawks (10-6)

zz_N5_Seahawks_zpseugkajic.png

Thanks pitt.

Love your fields and end zones.

Personally, I'm praying for a non blue end zone, LOL. Redskins/Bengals would be a great end zone matchup.

I'm digging the gold too, for the logos. Looks real nice. As long as the NFL ensures that they are BIG come game day, that is.

Thanks pitt.

Love your fields and end zones.

Personally, I'm praying for a non blue end zone, LOL. Redskins/Bengals would be a great end zone matchup.

I'm digging the gold too, for the logos. Looks real nice. As long as the NFL ensures that they are BIG come game day, that is.

I don't mind a blue endzone, as long as it isn't pared with another blue endzone. But the Patriots and Seahawks endzones don't look very good, but the Broncos and Texans I think are fine, especially pared with a non-blue endzone.

Redskins - Bengals would be a nice match-up

50z-3-4_zps9b1zybj1.png

For me, best case scenario endzone wise would be either the Chiefs or Steelers from the AFC. The Chiefs endzone would look good for all non red (or burgundy) endzones, and the Steelers gold endzone seems to match up well with any color. From the NFC the Vikings or Redskins endzones would look really good, unless the Redskins played the Chiefs, but I wouldn't complain.

Vikings - Chiefs would probably be my favorite looking match-up, and Super Bowl IV is probably my favorite Super Bowl field

50z-5-3_zps4l0slb6o.png

But as a Steelers fan, I'm obviously hoping to see them return to the Super Bowl. (Oh and thanks Buffalo)

• Like 1

Is the "Legacy Bowl" a good matchup. Cause you have a rematch of the first super bowl between the Packers and the Cheifs

It would at least be a good looking match-up

50z-5-5_zpsemxlikcp.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the conference logos are gold. May want to update that.

Great work!

I've thought about that, but I haven't figured out how it would be done. The gold works fine in the NFL logo because they where able to replace white with gold and red and blue with black, which looks fine. With the conference logos though either the logo is gold and the outline and stars are black, or the logo is black and the outline and stars are gold. This causes problems for a couple teams. A black outline wouldn't be visible in the Bengals or Panthers endzones, and a gold outline wouldn't be visible in the Steelers endzone (the shade of gold would be slightly different but still wouldn't look that good). The only way I could see gold conference logos is if they did a design similar to Super Bowl XL, with silver behind the logos, which actually wouldn't look all that bad, but from this season and from past Super Bowls, I just don't believe they would go with gold conference logos. We may see some gold in the team boxes though, and if they did go with gold conference logos I wouldn't be completely supersized, but I just don't think it will happen.

Would the Chiefs word mark in the endzone be white maybe?

I guess there wouldn't be any Bengal stripes in their endzone?

I would think it would be gold, in the same way that the Broncos was orange in Super Bowl XLVIII. For the endzones of teams who haven't made it to a Super Bowl in a while I tried to base them off of recent trends, and how the teams wordmark is typically displayed. For the Chiefs, there wordmark is the same size as in Arrowhead Stadium, and as in recent trends, I made the wordmark a solid color. For the Bengals, it would actually be more likely that their wordmark ends up being just solid orange with no outline, but I guess I didn't think of that until now. The Vikings endzone though I would think would have gold outlining white, because that is typically how they display the wordmark on a purple background (except for the home uniforms, but the size of the wordmark there may be the reason).

is there any reason why the seahawks' logo is on the right side instead of left?

For the past two Super Bowl's (XLVIII, XLIX) I've had the same question. I only just kept the NFC logo on the other side for Seattle because I'm thinking they may move it back for another team. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, but my theory for why the conference logo was on the left side of the endzone for Seattle in the past two Super Bowl's is because they used templates from Century Link, in which Seattle's team logo is on the right side of the endzone.

I am open to suggestions on fields / match-ups you would want to see. I already have the 36 possible fields taken care of for the current endzone and field formats, but I didn't see a reason to post them unless some one wanted to see them.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible Fields For Super Bowl 50

Panthers vs Broncos

C5faVkK.png

Cardinals vs Broncos

mNwUPYr.png

Panthers vs Patriots

ghxE95K.png

Cardinals vs Patriots

xgu9QIY.png

The Cardinals endzone looks the best of the bunch, and the NFC title is up for grabs, but I think the Panthers will be moving on. The Patriots are clearly the better team going into this week, but we will see what Denver can do. Good news is we won't have two navy endzones this year.

• Like 1

Possible Fields For Super Bowl 50

Panthers vs Broncos

Cardinals vs Broncos

Panthers vs Patriots

Cardinals vs Patriots

xgu9QIY.png

The Cardinals endzone looks the best of the bunch, and the NFC title is up for grabs, but I think the Panthers will be moving on. The Patriots are clearly the better team going into this week, but we will see what Denver can do. Good news is we won't have two navy endzones this year.

I would hope to disagree. The Cards might be the only team who could beat the Panthers. Though it is going to be awesome not to have two Blue End Zones. Either way NFC is better than the AFC this year, IMHO. Either AZ or Carolina have both the "O" and the "D" to take out either Denver or New England (Tom Brady Included!) ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png