Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

I like the field, but I would like the NFL to paint outline borders on the numbers and the arrows.  Broncos, blue borders on the numbers and orange borders on the arrows; Panthers, black borders on the numbers and sky blue borders on the arrows.  The 50 yard line painted gold with a black outline border.  Just a thought, but it is what it is.

46 minutes ago, BrakkMamba said:

Looks like they did paint those team boxes

IMG_21501200x800.jpg

Interesting that they used a different blue in the teambox than the endzone for the Broncos. It also looks like they removed the Broncos logo that they originally had in the teambox and painted a larger one.

Here's my update then

50f.thumb.png.eb1508c5c2da70f6cfcd7681cf

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Interesting that they used a different blue in the teambox than the endzone for the Broncos. It also looks like they removed the Broncos logo that they originally had in the teambox and painted a larger one.

Here's my update then

50f.thumb.png.eb1508c5c2da70f6cfcd7681cf

noticed that too.  Wonder if it's just an oversight or if it could be a hint that the Broncos are lightening their blue next year.  The last part is really just wishful thinking on my part.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

6 hours ago, The Impaler said:
7 hours ago, Veras said:

That is weird. Is there any chance that it's a trick of the light?

I highly doubt it.  That definitely looks like royal blue.  A color Denver needs to go back to.

I'd agree. Look at the Panther's blue. The lighting doesn't seem that different between the two sidelines.

2 hours ago, MCH925 said:

I'd agree. Look at the Panther's blue. The lighting doesn't seem that different between the two sidelines.

It's navy. The turf was probably discolored/different lighting in the last pic, but this one shows it more clearly.IMG_2103.jpg

spacer.png

6 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

It's navy. The turf was probably discolored/different lighting in the last pic, but this one shows it more clearly.IMG_2103.jpg

Yep, I agree. The NFL only sodded the main part of the field (Including the 3 yard out of bounds border and the 3 yard media restraining lines). Beyond that was the original turf, which was badly discolored and worn. It is a normal policy for the NFL groundskeeper crew. Though at University of Phoenix Stadium last year they replaced the entire field tray. I guess it depends on how bad/different the turf is at the individual sites

Edited by SFCOM1
Added content

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On 1/31/2016 at 9:57 AM, The Impaler said:

noticed that too.  Wonder if it's just an oversight or if it could be a hint that the Broncos are lightening their blue next year.  The last part is really just wishful thinking on my part.

Am I the only one posting on this thread who thinks the NFL and the Levi's Stadium grounds crew screwed up by not painting the AFC/NFC conference logos in the teams' end zones? Or was this just part of the end zone design? I really hate the paint job on the Super Bowl 50 field. At least the team logos/wordmarks are aligned properly, but IMO, this is an incomplete field w/o the conference logos.

On February 1, 2016 at 11:13 PM, dsaline97 said:

Well, I disagree.  That doesn't even look close to navy to me.  Now, then end zone isn't even painted per this video at the 1:43 mark.  Someone screwed up somewhere.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

9 hours ago, CATLogo1 said:

Am I the only one posting on this thread who thinks the NFL and the Levi's Stadium grounds crew screwed up by not painting the AFC/NFC conference logos in the teams' end zones? Or was this just part of the end zone design? I really hate the paint job on the Super Bowl 50 field. At least the team logos/wordmarks are aligned properly, but IMO, this is an incomplete field w/o the conference logos.

Agreed. It just doesn't look right without them, and the end zones just don't look right with the team names not centered in the middle of the end zones.

• Like 1

This field may be more disappointing than the one in New York, if that's possible. There used to be two football games whose field designs were distinguished, where you knew it was for the biggest game at their respective levels: 1) the Super Bowl; and 2) the Rose Bowl. The latter has regressed in my view, but it's still first-class.

With rare exceptions, the Super Bowl field hasn't really been the same since the end of the dueling helmets end zone era. There's very little about that field in Santa Clara that distinguishes it as a championship game. It might as well be the field for a Week 2 game in September. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2016 at 8:53 PM, CATLogo1 said:

Quite a few people think it's messed up that the Conference logos are not in the end zones.  

Not sure if you've seen this thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/106590-super-bowl-50-aesthetics/

Looking at the "Official" twitter feed from Levi's Stadium. Looks like the Broncos endzone either badly faded, or has been  completely re-sodded. Possibly to match the paint color that was used for the Broncos team box. I know the rest of the field did fade and usually two to three coats of paint are used for the Super Bowl. and touch ups happen early on the day of the game.  

Edited by SFCOM1
spelling and grammar.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On September 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl XXXVI: February 3, 2002 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

St. Louis Rams - 17 New England Patriots - 20

R0oP5pS.png

Super Bowl XXXVI field without team boxes

Hidden Content

Super Bowl XXXVI was the first post 9-11 Super Bowl, which is clearly reflected by the field and the changed Super Bowl logo. This was the first Super Bowl that I actually remember watching. I remember how it was a big deal for the Patriots to be introduced as a team, and how emotional a game it was with halftime and everything else.

< Super Bowl XXXV First Post Super Bowl XXXVII >

Sidelines are mixed up here.. StL was on top, NE was on bottom

2 hours ago, americanhero24 said:

Sidelines are mixed up here.. StL was on top, NE was on bottom

Thanks, I've made the change

On 2/4/2016 at 8:34 AM, SFCOM1 said:

Looking at the "Official" twitter feed from Levi's Stadium. Looks like the Broncos endzone either badly faded, or has been  completely re-sodded. Possibly to match the paint color that was used for the Broncos team box. I know the rest of the field did fade and usually two to three coats of paint are used for the Super Bowl. and touch ups happen early on the day of the game.  

I figured this might end up being the case. Last year I think the endzones looked much darker until game day, so I'm thinking we will see about the same shade of navy this year. The grass in the center of the field was a lot longer, so they will probably re-cut it and re-paint. So I'd expect the blues to be consistent and lighter, including Carolina. I'll have a final pre-game update shortly.

I'm not sure if it was this thread or the alternate Super Bowl fields thread where I got requests, maybe both, but I have just been too busy lately to be able to fill them, and I don't know if I will have the time later. I just wanted to say that so it didn't seem like I was ignoring anyone, it's just that I haven't had the time.

A final pregame rendition

50ft.thumb.png.fd4c788d96f083bf9411baae5

I added texture to the full field, and lightened both blues. After the game I'm sure I will need to make adjustments, especially in the painting of the Super Bowl logo.

• Like 1

At a Super Bowl party at my work, I created the Super Bowl 50 field my way.  It was the same format, but I did the following:

Carolina Panthers:. Sky blue and black stripe on the 20 yard line, black outline borders on the yard line numbers, sky blue borders on the arrows

Denver Broncos:. Dark blue and orange stripe on the 20 yard line, dark blue borders on the yard line numbers, orange borders on the arrows

I used a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to make the field.  As I said many times earlier, it is just a thought

• Like 1