Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XIV: Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, CA

14_zps3bc10411.png

This was the playoffs in which Rams defensive lineman Jack Youngblood played the entire playoffs (vs. Dallas and Tampa Bay) on a broken leg. The LA Rams did have the lead at the half, but couldn't hold it for the second half.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XIV on-field logos:

Rams endzone

Rams14_zps3fed5dd4.png

Rams_14_zps3650bdc2.png

I'm curious to why they didn't experiment with the Rams by having the ram horns on both helmets in the endzone because the NFC logo kind of blends into the blue helmet.

Not sure, but they did experiment with SB XVI in Pontiac!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Do the footballs on both 35 yard lines on the Super Bowl XIV field read "Official Peter Rozelle?"

Actually "Official" and "Pete Rozelle" I believe. There is a Youtube vid earlier I posted with the SB XV NFL films feature that really zoomed in on the football!

Edited by SFCOM1

Super Bowl XV: January 25, 1981 - Louisiana Super Dome, New Orleans, Louisiana

Oakland Raiders - 27        Philadelphia Eagles - 10

VXUJLfU.png

< Super Bowl XIV    First Post    Super Bowl XVI >

• Like 1

Super Bowl XV: Louisiana Super Dome, New Orleans, LA

15_zps443c2f08.png

The Raiders became the first Wild Card team to win the Super Bowl and pretty much outplayed Philadelphia in every facet of the game this day. Wonder how the Raiders would've fared had they played Dallas in the Super Bowl (and not Philadelphia).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XV on-field logos:

Midfield

15_Midfield_zps0e3f171e.png?t=1402543372

Raiders Endzone

Raiders15_zpsc9d240e0.png?t=1402543441

Raiders_11_15_18_37_zpsc44e846b.png?t=14

Eagles Endzone

Eagles15_zpsb78721e8.png?t=1402543409

Eagles_15_zps3830035c.png?t=1402543384

Did you hand draw the "Wings" on the Eagles helmet. Or did you find a really good.gif or .png someware?

Eagles15_zpsb78721e8.png?t=1402543409

Did you hand draw the "Wings" on the Eagles helmet. Or did you find a really good.gif or .png someware?

I think a while ago on my first attempt at the field I had the eagles current wing, and then went back and traced over the outline of it to get something close to what I have now. I might have just copied the helmet I had from SBXXXIX because you can see a different color between the bars. (Attempt 2)

PHI1_zps9dde56aa.png

But this wasn't very clean so I enlarged it and completely got rid of anything I didn't get erased from the copy of the modern wing. (Attempt 3)

PHI2_zps31c3fe0e.png

Then I moved the wing up a bit and made some minor changes to reflect what was used on the field. (Current)

PHI3_zps1666a43d.png

Super Bowl XV: Louisiana Super Dome, New Orleans, LA

15_zps443c2f08.png

The Raiders became the first Wild Card team to win the Super Bowl and pretty much outplayed Philadelphia in every facet of the game this day. Wonder how the Raiders would've fared had they played Dallas in the Super Bowl (and not Philadelphia).

The Raiders would of beaten Dallas. Remember, there QB was Danny White, not Roger Staubach. Staubach had retired a year earlier.

Here is an alternate Eagles helmet with the wings on both.

Eagles15-alt_zps233a2341.png?t=140254342

Eh, it doesn't work with Philadelphia as it would've with Los Angeles (Rams).

The Raiders would of beaten Dallas. Remember, there QB was Danny White, not Roger Staubach. Staubach had retired a year earlier.

Maybe. But...poor Danny White. He did what Roger never did I believe (3 straight NFC Championship appearances) and got diddly squat for it. But, Danny White wasn't a poor QB.

If he won at least one of those NFC Championships (@ Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington), and a Super Bowl (they probably would've beaten at least Cincinnati in the Silverdome in SB XVI), Danny White would've possibly been regarded with adoration like Roger was.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png