Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Also, you should be aware that there was no outline around the 'Skins logo in the helmet. Look through the video you posted and you'll notice at the 17:33 mark exactly what I'm talking about.

I just noticed on the SB XVIII field. There was a darker green "box" around the NFL shield on the 50 yard line.

Made the necessary changes:

xtaFLiQ.png

And just an update, I'm going to try to get Super Bowl XX done by Friday before I leave for a week or so. Right now I have XIX just about done, might need to make a few minor changes. For XX I just need to make a clean version of the Patriots wordmark used in that game.

Super Bowl XIX: January 20, 1985 - Stanford Stadium, Stanford, California

Miami Dolphins - 16         San Francisco 49ers - 38

kgHuhdQ.png

There was a slight change in the NFL logo with the caps being removed from this point on.

< Super Bowl XVIII    First Post    Super Bowl XX >

Super Bowl XIX: January 20, 1985. Stanford Stadium, Stanford, California

Miami Dolphins - 16 San Francisco 49ers - 38

19_zpse9d6a784.png

There was a slight change in the NFL logo with the caps being removed from this point on.

Why was this game at The Farm anyway? Didn't it have something to do with the Rose Bowl?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Yeah, the old Pats workmark was a tremendus mess of lines colors and wield shading. All in all a "Classic" logo from the past!

I just finished it up and I think its looking nice, so I figured I'd give a preview of what I got. This ended up being a pain to clean up and took me a few attempts but in the end I think it turned out real nice.

Patriots normal wordmark for the era

Patriots_zps7a5fad77.png

Patriots modified wordmark for Super Bowl XX

Patriots_20_zps4e3dac8b.png

Yeah, the old Pats workmark was a tremendus mess of lines colors and wield shading. All in all a "Classic" logo from the past!

I just finished it up and I think its looking nice, so I figured I'd give a preview of what I got. This ended up being a pain to clean up and took me a few attempts but in the end I think it turned out real nice.

Patriots normal wordmark for the era

Patriots_zps7a5fad77.png

Patriots modified wordmark for Super Bowl XX

Patriots_20_zps4e3dac8b.png

AWESOME! :-D

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Actually Rozelle attended Compton Junior College and the University of San Francisco.

Hmmm, I wonder if it just had something to do with him being from the Bay Area? I know I read it somewhere....just can't put my finger on where I read that. If I find it, I will get back to you. :peace:

iq5b7nF.png

Actually I think the Bay Area just wanted to bid for it but Candlestick wasn't Super Bowl venue material so they went with Stanford. I could be wrong though.

BTW, I tried to quote but nothing came up, anybody else have this problem.

I quoted this to test the quote system out, and I was able to quote the message.

I was really curious as to why Stanford got the SB, so thanks for all the information that came forward.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Yea, Same here. I remember this SB as I was staioned at Fort Ord (Monterey, CA). I actualy worked (Moonlighted) at an Official Jersey and Sports store in Carmel, CA It was nuts! And yes the original bid was for "The Stick" and the stadium was very sub-standard. Though they did play SB XXX at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ. Though about comperable to the Rose Bowl and Stanford Stadium at the time. It was a much location than the stadiums of today (like Sun Devil Stadium's replacement for the Cardinals. The University of Phoeninx Stadium, Home to SB XLII and XLIX).

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Super Bowl XX: January 26, 1986 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

Chicago Bears - 46         New England Patriots - 10

21ArP9Q.png

The wordmarks for both the Bears and Patriots where slightly modified for this game. Also there were some changes to the football's, one of which the year (1986)

< Super Bowl XIX    First Post    Super Bowl XXI >

Super Bowl XX: January 26, 1986. Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

Chicago Bears - 46 New England Patriots - 10

20_zps5f7d67eb.png

The wordmarks for both the Bears and Patriots where slightly modified for this game. Also there were some changes to the football's, one of which the year (1986)

This was probably the first Super Bowl in which the losers were probably happy to just be there. New England never stood a chance against the blitz-happy mayhem the 46 Defense of Chicago wrecked on Patriots starter Steve Grogan.

Of course, everyone knows the ubiquitous shot of William 'Refrigerator' Perry just battering his way through the Patriots Goal Line D to score a TD.

As Dave Dameshek said in his Super Bowl XX N'if'L episode, he referred to New England as the "plucky, but over-matched Patriots".

And the Bears hardly had to break a sweat in the NFC Championship game as they beat Dieter Brock and the LA Rams. Brock being one of Dameshek's 5 "Worst QBs to start a Championship game" joining other fine QBs like Mark Malone and Rex Grossman.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png