Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Endzone helmets:

Super Bowl VIII Dolphins

8_Dolphins.jpg

Super Bowl IX Vikings (Only difference from VIII is the back circle and a lighter shade of grey in the facemask)

Vikings9_zps6iffallp.png

Super Bowl IX Steelers

Steelers9_zpsbule2iw8.png

Edited by pitt6pack

Endzone helmets:

Super Bowl VIII Dolphins

Dolphins1_zps007600a0.png

Super Bowl IX Vikings (Only difference from VIII is the back circle and a lighter shade of grey in the facemask)

Vikings1_zpseee56620.png

Super Bowl IX Steelers

Steelers1_zps169adabc.png

The AFL logo from Super Bowl V to IX underwent a period of evolution. From a plain and boring big A and blue stars to a smaller red 'A' and bigger blue stars.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl X: January 18, 1976 - Miami Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida

Dallas Cowboys - 17        Pittsburgh Steelers - 21

e1RMfOk.png

< Super Bowl IX    First Post    Super Bowl XI >

Super Bowl X

10_zpse139c1ac.png

Aside from the Swann catch, this game is notable for Percy Howard, a man who never caught a pass in the regular season, caught his one and only pass (a TD) beating out the great Mel Blount to score it.

That was Howard's only catch of his professional career.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XI: January 7, 1977 - Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California

Oakland Raiders - 32        Minnesota Vikings - 14

Sc1CXGu.png

< Super Bowl X    First Post    Super Bowl XII >

Super Bowl XI

11_zps2caaf410.png

How many Super Bowls had those small little Super Bowl shields at the 35-yard lines? I think it might have been only X and XI because I've seen pics of the field in Super Bowl XII (Dallas v. Denver; mostly from the Dallas Cowboys Historia Book) and those little shields don't make a 3rd appearance on the field at the Superdome.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

They continue for XII and XIII, and get larger each year.

Here's a link to a video for XII and there is a screenshot of a video of XIII below from the Dallas 35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4lmjCx4Ng4

13_Left35_zps8bd8551b.png

SB XII also had the shield at the 35's. And also the 1st SB with Directional arrows (albeit small and two arrows on the 50) on the field. And the Bengals wordmark is similar but a bit condensed and a larger white border aeound the letters.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Here is a youtube link to SB XII the Shields where both blue with the Broncos" lettered in Orange and Dallas" in Cowboy silver!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GH7yYo8920

which SB did the AFC logo change to red stars around the A?

Super Bowl XIV. There was a few changes that year. The helmets started using the actual face mask color for the team as opposed to grey, they started using the footballs at the 35s for the Super Bowl logos, and the NFL logo used was the same as the one used up to 2007 (Excluding the caps).

Here is a youtube link to SB XII the Shields where both blue with the Broncos" lettered in Orange and Dallas" in Cowboy silver!

Thanks for the link. I was using red instead of Broncos Orange. I only saw a poor quality video. As for the Bengals word mark, in an email you sent me before with some of the fields you had the right font for the Bengals, so did you just use a default font, or make edits to the Bengals wordmark?

Thanks for the link. I was using red instead of Broncos Orange. I only saw a poor quality video. As for the Bengals word mark, in an email you sent me before with some of the fields you had the right font for the Bengals, so did you just use a default font, or make edits to the Bengals wordmark?

I edited the font slighty. Mostly the white borders, as the font on the NFL page here is a touch too bold. I took the font from the page and took it to 75%, then increased the size of the border to fit the look from a couple of photo's I had from SB XIV (I lived in Detroit back then, did not get to the game but had a couple of shots from an old copy of the the Detroit News and Free Press). There has been more than one occasion where George Toma (The NFL Field Guru) had to "Adapt to Overcome" with the linitations of an NFL endzone! ;-)

Edited by SFCOM1

And Sadly this is what the Silverdome looks like today! The roof destroyed, and the turf soaked and roting.

Uniquely-Detroit-Pontiac-Silverdome-seat

Edited by SFCOM1