Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

If anyone wonders what happens to a field after the superbowl. The field for SB XLIX, was donated to the Tolleson Union High School located in the suburb of Tolleson, AZ (about 9 miles south from the UofP stadium). This was a $70K gift to a school that desperately needed a new field to go with additional work on thier other athletic facilities. It was easy to donate the field as the Cardinals use a different type of sod for thier games, than what the NFL preferes for the Super Bowl (when real grass is used instead of Field Turf!)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

When SB XLII was also played in the UofP stadium that field was donated to Moon Valley HS in Phoenix. That field has been well cared for and is one of the best High School fields in the state. This season, the Arizona Cardnials also donated on thier own thier early season practice field and the mid season playing fields to other Other Local High Schools. NFL charter High School (charter), Arizona Lutheran High School (parochal), and Camelback High School (Phoenic Union High School district). All where in desperate need of new fields, and did not have the necessary funds to even begin the project.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

It looks like you're doing field colors now.

I haven't changed anything that I've been doing, but sometimes I change a shade relative to another to get closer to a color that way.

If anyone wonders what happens to a field after the superbowl. The field for SB XLIX, was donated to the Tolleson Union High School located in the suburb of Tolleson, AZ (about 9 miles south from the UofP stadium). This was a $70K gift to a school that desperately needed a new field to go with additional work on thier other athletic facilities. It was easy to donate the field as the Cardinals use a different type of sod for thier games, than what the NFL preferes for the Super Bowl (when real grass is used instead of Field Turf!)

When SB XLII was also played in the UofP stadium that field was donated to Moon Valley HS in Phoenix. That field has been well cared for and is one of the best High School fields in the state. This season, the Arizona Cardnials also donated on thier own thier early season practice field and the mid season playing fields to other Other Local High Schools. NFL charter High School (charter), Arizona Lutheran High School (parochal), and Camelback High School (Phoenic Union High School district). All where in desperate need of new fields, and did not have the necessary funds to even begin the project.

I wonder if other stadiums do that as well. I know Jacksonville still had the Super Bowl field painted (very faded) until March after Super Bowl XXXIX and San Diego had the field still painted in late February after Super Bowl XXXVII.

On another note, I think I might put a Super Bowl XXXVI field together real quick using the original unused logo for that game, and put the logos in the footballs in the team boxes, just to see what it would have looked like.

If they had stuck with the original logo for Super Bowl XXXVI

ndajhEU.png

My assumption is that they would have had the logos in the footballs on the sidelines, and red and black outlining the 50 yard line. The banners on the walls outside the field would have changed as well (I just guessed they would have been red). I think the actual field looked much better because the red, white, blue, and silver tied in with the teams well.

• Like 1

Super Bowl XXXIV Update

d2FtqcF.png

Adjustments to the numbers, and many changes to the helmets. No logos on the team boxes for this game, and my guess is that its because the Rams really only had two logos; the helmet and the wordmark.

Official Super Bowl XXXIV field post

Super Bowl XXXIII Update

*** Update *** - A revised version is below

Changed the numbers and helmets again with addition of the team boxes. It took me a while to put the team boxes together for this one because there are hardly any pictures of this game. Probably one of the least memorable Super Bowl's. I thought it was interesting they didn't paint an outline around the Broncos logo in the team box, and just used brown instead of navy.

Official Super Bowl XXXIII field post

looking at some videos of Super Bowl 33 on youtube. it appears they may have placed a green covering over the "dirt areas at least behind the end zones

Okay, thanks. Do you have some links? I was having a really tough time with this field because there isn't anything high quality, and very little outside the field. I just went with the same layout as Super Bowl's XLI and XLIV, but the image below is from XXIX, which has some slight differences to the later fields.

920x920.jpg

*** Update ***

Looks like my team boxes are a bit off as well. The football doesn't have a white outline, just on top with the laces. Also the points of the outer triangles in the team boxes should hit the outside of the football. Also from what I could see, the back of the endzones look the same as in XLI and XLIV, and not like the above picture. Still haven't seen a good shot of the rest of the outside of the field yet though.

my lap top won't do links on this message board there was one video under super bowl xxxiii that was about 9 min long at the beginning of the game it appears no really great shots to confirm but they had a green covering over the dirt, sort of what they do in san diego behind the team beach

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

my lap top won't do links on this message board there was one video under super bowl xxxiii that was about 9 min long at the beginning of the game it appears no really great shots to confirm but they had a green covering over the dirt, sort of what they do in san diego behind the team beach

Alright, I've seen that video, but I'm having a hard time seeing anything.

I did however find a link to the full game here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22e2pv_nfl-1998-super-bowl-xxxiii-denver-broncos-vs-atlanta-falcons_sport

So I should be able to find some good shots.

I'm not sure if this the right topic to post this but the possibilities for the NFL to get back on the right track regarding Super Bowl fields are amazing to think about.

Just a rumor...yes I know, RUMOR, but I saw on Reddit, again, I know, that the NFL wants to celebrate Super Bowl 50 this year by hyping the many Super Bowl rematches during the season

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2xkljb/caparoso_to_celebrate_the_50th_super_bowl_league/?sort=top

In my world, those games would be played on painted fields to look like that Super Bowl.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I'm not sure if this the right topic to post this but the possibilities for the NFL to get back on the right track regarding Super Bowl fields are amazing to think about.

Just a rumor...yes I know, RUMOR, but I saw on Reddit, again, I know, that the NFL wants to celebrate Super Bowl 50 this year by hyping the many Super Bowl rematches during the season

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2xkljb/caparoso_to_celebrate_the_50th_super_bowl_league/?sort=top

In my world, those games would be played on painted fields to look like that Super Bowl.

In a perfect world they would repaint the fields for the re-matches, but I'm sure a Super Bowl XL field wouldn't fly in Seattle. My guess is they'll have patches, and really talk it up during the games. Nice to see my Steelers will have three rematches, that they all won fortunately. Its funny that the Steelers beat three NFC west teams, two of which had 9-7 records, and of all the NFC west teams never played the 49ers.

at 12 43 blimp shot of the field

13 09 left end zone

21 01 right end zone

Thanks, this has been a big help :)

Here's the revisions

fSCWNyF.png

Super Bowl XXXII Update

o6k2kBO.png

In addition to the team boxes and stadium outline, I changed the helmets slightly, the numbers, and slightly adjusted the red and blues and green on the field.

This is the last of the fields that needed a full update with the team boxes and the stadium. At this point I'll continue updating the numbers on the fields because they all need some minor adjustments, but I won't post for those small changes. I am however reworking the helmets from Super Bowl's VIII - XXIX, so I will post my update for that, and any field updates where I make major changes to a field.

Official Super Bowl XXXII field post

Super Bowl VIII-XXIX helmet update

I finally finished getting the helmets for the earlier Super Bowl's right. Here are the comparisons to Super Bowl XIV

Rams Helmet Changes

Old

Rams14-old_zpsmbjkvkee.png

New

Rams14_zpsii2hdutz.png

Steelers Helmet Changes

Old

Steelers14-old_zpsre8nv7ka.png

New

Steelers14_zpshd33fwdl.png

I made the helmets more rounded, and changed the facemasks a bit. I also changed the conference logos in the helmets. Something interesting from Super Bowl XIV, the facemasks on the helmets were different between the Steelers and Rams.

I also made other changes to the Super Bowl XIV field, including a completely different number font.

SG0AOXN.png