Super Bowl XX on-field logos:

Midfield

1UwkIDQ.png

Super Bowl XX Logo

YeyxhXs.png

Endzones

M9OP7Pj.png

YVhBsDo.png

I won't be able to get Super Bowl XXI done for a week or so probably, but I have started some work on it. But if anyone has some good shots of the Giants wordmark that would be helpful and much appreciated.

I may have found sources that may be sufficient. Sorry that I could not paste these rather, but I was having a few troubles doing them. Anyway, in the first link you may have your idea of the Giants Wordmark on their stadium field during that time. Just reverse the red and blue colours and leave the white outline of course. The other link is probably not much, but it should give you a good idea of it. Good luck.

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/product.php?productid=43349&cat=510&page=3

http://sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/1986-New-York-Giants.jpg

I have a YouTube link you can look into:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShTRUGdGAA

Lokk between the 3:26 and 3:31 mark. It doesn't show completely but it's another step further that I am maybe right the first time. Like I said previously, the first link containing the picture of the wordmark in their stadium would be your biggest bet so far.

This one is shown in it's original 4:3 format. I still don't understand why they had to chop off horizentaly up and down the original 4:3 just to make it look 16:9 in other videos. Ridiculous.

I have a YouTube link you can look into:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShTRUGdGAA

Lokk between the 3:26 and 3:31 mark. It doesn't show completely but it's another step further that I am maybe right the first time. Like I said previously, the first link containing the picture of the wordmark in their stadium would be your biggest bet so far.

This one is shown in it's original 4:3 format. I still don't understand why they had to chop off horizentaly up and down the original 4:3 just to make it look 16:9 in other videos. Ridiculous.

This has been about as much as i've been able to find, but the best ive found was the giants super bowl xxv wordmark from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0r8wBL4QU

at about 4:22. But from what ive seen and some of my past versions of the field, they didnt use there regular wordmark.

also here is a video for super bowl xxi, but i havent been able to get much out of it for the giants wordmark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL7QR7o3_SM

Here is what i had from a past version of the field i made:

temp_zps943bc5e0.png

I might just clean this up.

Super Bowl XXI: January 25, 1987 - Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California.

Denver Broncos - 20        New York Giants - 39

YWftUhv.png

< Super Bowl XX    First Post    Super Bowl XXII >

That Super Bowl XXI logo is probably one of the worst designed logos in Super Bowl history. It just doesn't work how they designed it.

Its like they came up with three different ideas they thought were good and didn't know what to do with them, so they just put them all in and stuck them on top of each other. I would say that this logo is 10 times better than any templated logo though.

That Super Bowl XXI logo is probably one of the worst designed logos in Super Bowl history. It just doesn't work how they designed it.

The logos used for Super Bowls XVII-XXVI were too simple, lacked creativity and used the same red, white and blue color scheme. It wasn't until Super Bowl XXVII (1993 in Pasadena) when the NFL decided to return originality to Super Bowl logo creation, in what I (and many others) consider the renaissance of Super Bowl logos.

Ironicaly I started getting interested in the design of NFL fields and the Super Bowl. As I was making a Super Bowl Cake for SB XXII (as I was stationed in Schweinfut Germany with the US Army) I got a book called "The Illistrated Rules of the NFL" which had the first copy of the NFL field diagram I ever saw. The cake did not turn out so hot, but I used grass green crape paper, colored pencils, and a very good mechanical draftsman ruller to make a really good copy of the fields for SB XXII and SB XIII. And thus a hobby was born!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Super Bowl XXII: January 31, 1988 - Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego, California

Washington (Commanders) - 42         Denver Broncos - 10

eWm6PbA.png

I need some double checking on the outline colors of the 50 for both the top and bottom of this field. I was having a hard time making them out. Right now I have red on the left, and blue on the right, consistent with the outlining of the 50 yard line.

SFCOM1, if you have a picture of that SB XXII cake you should post that on up here.

< Super Bowl XXI    First Post    Super Bowl XXIII >

Unfortunately that picture never existed. I made the cake for a SB party (Just the endzones and NFL logo) at the Hospitality House operated by a Christian organization, to give Soldiers an option on the weekends, other than the barracks. And then ended up pulling duty (Batallion driver) as every other authorized driver in my Unit got massively drunk (read as absolutely "Sloberknockered" or other "Colorful Metafores!") that weekend (happens when your a Corporal and a Chaplains Assistant). And because of my chapel duties I did not drink. I ended doing a lot a lot of extra weekend "duty" though being a Corporal. So, sadly I never got a piece of the cake or a picture of it.

Edited by SFCOM1

Super Bowl XXII Denver got run over by relative unknown Timmy Smith, who became a one-hit wonder after this Super Bowl. Then two years later (SB XXIV), the Broncos would be destroyed by 45 in what is still the biggest margin for a victory in Super Bowl history.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXIII: January 22, 1989 - Joe Robbie Stadium, Miami, Florida

Cincinnati Bengals - 16         San Francisco 49ers - 20

KeXt0Ry.png

This is one of my favorite Super Bowl fields

< Super Bowl XXII    First Post    Super Bowl XXIV >

This was the first SB I saw via AFN (Armed Forces Network) while stationed in Germany. A great game, a great rematch between teams. And a thrilling ending.

Joe Montana just ripped the heart out of Cincinnati for the second time, but this time in more grueling fashion, with a John Elway-esque drive down the field to score the game-winning TD.

This loss pushed Cincinnati over the edge and into the abyss. Well, extremely poor draft choices sped up the process and the "Bungles" were born.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png