Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Are the Seattle Seahawks the only NFL team with an end zone setup like that? By that, I mean, the only team that has an end zone design where the conference logo is on the left side, the team wordmark in the middle, and the team logo on the right side? It also bothers me to no end, because one would think that it would be different for the Super Bowl, because their normal end zone design for home games at CenturyLink Field is exactly like their Super Bowl end zone design, except for the fact that the NFL shield logo is on the left side instead of the NFC logo.

Those were my thoughts exactly about last years field.

I'll be posting a first draft of the Super Bowl XLIX field soon, which will be the official post for the field. I'll probably have to go back and make updates along the way, but again its a first draft.

Some notes on the field I'm about to post, SFCOM1 helped a good bit on this one, editing the numbers to more closely resemble the ones at UoP Stadium, the team boxes, and the Super Bowl logo (I made some minor changes).

First attempt at the field

hxaJvEo.png

Super Bowl XLIX field without team boxes:

oZ7c7tQ.png

A nice change with the team boxes, that's about it. Something I noticed from what I could see of the field so far was that the blue in the NFC logo is the same color as the Seahawks endzone instead of the same blue used in the NFL logo, which also happened with last years field. The Patriots endzone speaks for itself. :angered:

And again, I have to thank SFCOM1 for giving me some help with this field.

It never ends....LoL.

Flying Elvis is under the wordmark. Notice how Elvis is missing beside the wordmark?

Will there be a couple Elvi?

B8c7bFuCMAA8sxU.jpg

That can't be real. Has to be some kind of sick joke or something because the lake in logic and consistency in this field is mind boggling. I might wait a bit to make changes until I see the full field, because who knows what other disasters are present on this mess. But by the looks of it, there won't be a logo at the left end of the Patriots endzone.

It never ends....LoL.

Flying Elvis is under the wordmark. Notice how Elvis is missing beside the wordmark?

Will there be a couple Elvi?

B8c7bFuCMAA8sxU.jpg

That can't be real. Has to be some kind of sick joke or something because the lake in logic and consistency in this field is mind boggling. I might wait a bit to make changes until I see the full field, because who knows what other disasters are present on this mess. But by the looks of it, there won't be a logo at the left end of the Patriots endzone.

Oh dear God in heaven. What now is with tihis nonsence. This ecplains why the Patriots endzone was blank yesterday! I think I am going to puke

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I am starting to lose all faith in the NFL. Really? Why is the Seahawk endzone the same as last year? And with regards to the Patriots endzone: what is this? college football? Who is in charge of the field design? and why do they think this is a good idea? It's probably the same goon who thinks it's a good idea to have a standardized logo every year for the Super Bowl. I mean for God's sake, at the very least, go back to outlining the 50 in red and blue and the 20s in the team colors. There are not enough words to describe my dislike for this field and the fields of the past 4-7 years.

• Like 1

It seems that the placement of the Conference Logos is because of TV. I am wondering if there is a branding or marketing scheme for the NFL. When looking at the field on TV, the conference logos will be at the top of your TV screen, the team logo would be at the bottom of your screen. Other than that... i have no idea what they are doing.

What an utter DISASTER of a design. Why are the Conference logos on the same side of the field and not in opposite corners? Why is the Flying Elvis underneath the Pats' wordmark? Why couldn't they have just added a little color or design to better differentiate both overly-navy endzones? WHY WILL THERE BE A HUGE BLANK SPACE IN THE PATS ENDZONE THAT ISN'T IN THE SEAHAWKS' ENDZONE?!? There is no symmetry, no rhyme or reason, no order at all. The Pats wordmark would work just fine without the logo below it, just shift it down into the middle and put the logo on the side like common sense and design logic would tell you. At the very least they could have put Seattle's logo under their wordmark. It wouldn't have looked good, but for goodness sake it would've been symmetrical. You could literally just leave the endzones blank with no paint, no logos, nothing, and it would be an improvement over this debacle of a layout. What in the WORLD convinced the field designers that this was a good idea? Good golly, miss molly....give someone else control of field designs....and Super Bowl logo designs while you're at it, too. This is just astounding that such a huge event has been so badly botched design-wise.

ICXC NIKA

3 of the last 4 Super Bowl fields have been too blue and too bland! (Ravens vs. 49ers being the exception).

The thing that bothers me most is the plain-Jane 2 color end zones the last 2 years (no outlining of the lettering). Does anyone have an idea why?

p.s. - Im new to this site and new to this topic, but it's great to see there are others out there as passionate as I am about the Super Bowl field. (Maybe I'm not the only dork after all)

Jumping on this thread for the first time too. And just speechless with the Patriots not having a logo in their end zone, and the Seahawks end zone staying the same from last year. As a Packers fan, can't help but wonder if the NFC logo would be on the wrong side too, but maybe it's just the Seahawks because the league is too lazy to paint it differently.

At least the NFL shield is back to normal size.

• Like 1

This is my first time on this website. I always looked forward to seeing the actual field on Super Bowl Sunday. The decorations on the end zones, the Super Bowl logo, the NFL Logo, and the stripes on the 20 and 50 yard lines.

The last good field I saw was Super Bowl XXXIII. The Falcons & Broncos had the borders of their their team colors painted on the yard line numbers and the yardage arrows. Any subsequent Super Bowls except XXXV (Ravens/Giants) did not paint borders on their numbers and arrows.

I noticed other things as well.

Super Bowl XLII and others except XLVI did not have stripes on the 20 and 50 yard lines.

Super Bowl XLV had blue borders on their numbers and yardage arrows, but the team colors for both teams did not have blue.

Super Bowl XLVI had the 20 yard line painted the red, white, & blue, but it is the same surface when the Colts play at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Super Bowl XLVIII had a small NFL logo painted on the 50 yard line, but it is the same surface when the Jets/Giants play at MetLife Stadium

I took a look at the field for Super Bowl XLIX. No Patriot logo on the left side of their end zone. That's terrible. The field looks too simple and bland. I understand the discontinuation of the stripes on 20 & 50 yard line. The line of scrimmage and first down line can confuse the TV viewer. But still, let's be consistent.

Paint the team color borders on the numbers and arrows. You guys have 4 days. Get Busy!!!

Paint the team color borders on the numbers and arrows. You guys have 4 days. Get Busy!!!

I know the NFL won't get that done, but I can fill that request in the alternate Super Bowl fields thread if you want. And I'm just going to guess, you came here from UniWatch?

Pitt6pack, will you upload the Super Bowl XLIX field into your website?

I wasn't aware that the website was still up. I took all the links to the website down from this thread, but I guess the links still exist in peoples quoted comments. But to answer your question, no, I don't plan on it. The website is out of date and maintaining it with all the changes I make is too much work. Plus having a website for all the Super Bowl fields is redundant since CCSLN is a much better way to display the fields, since I can get feed back, help here and there, and I get to talk about the fields with other people who care. So I'll probably take the website down completely real soon. Lots of new people recently though, and I'll just assume UniWatch again.

In actual field news, I'll probably have to go back and change the Super Bowl logo that I have on my field. It seems that on the actual field they did a good job with the gradient in the logo (see picture below), but I'll wait for a better view first. The logo looks especially good for being on grass, which I was wondering if the different surface would make a difference. Glad to see the Super Bowl back on grass though. I always felt the fields looked much better on grass.

B8eeCKWCcAAT_0J.jpg

I don't particularly like this year's field either, BUT I will somewhat defend the lack of a logo in the left side of the Patriots end zone.

The actual Patriots wordmark does include the head. (just refer to the end zones at their home field). So the NFL was sticking to that by putting it under the Patriots lettering. And I guess they didn't want 2 flying Elvis that close together.

In my opinion, It's MUCH BETTER than the alternative, which would have given us plain ugly white letters by itself throughout most of the end zone. At least this adds color where it is most needed.

I'm pretty confident this is the only NFL team they would alleviate the logo on the left side for, so I'm not as concerned as some of yall. (or maybe I'm just being too optimistic).

If they still did the old iconic double helmet design, this wouldn't be a problem ....but that's a another story for another day.