Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

24 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The midfield logo looks terrible. Very obvious square over where the Vikings logo was 

Yea, the turf where the Viking Norseman logo goes, is most likely newer turf.

Edited by SFCOM1
Gramar

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

14 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The midfield logo looks terrible. Very obvious square over where the Vikings logo was 

14 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Looks like the Numbers on the field got altered to a rounded block font

Okay, so it looks like I have a couple of changes to make. I'll add the square around the NFL logo (well different colored turf) and fix the numbers. I have to adjust the size and positioning of the Super Bowl logo just slightly, and then get the stadium walls the same color as the banners in places. I may not have time until later this week to work on that, but we all know what the field looked like at this point. I'm glad the game was great, even if the field wasn't.

42 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Okay, so it looks like I have a couple of changes to make. I'll add the square around the NFL logo (well different colored turf) and fix the numbers. I have to adjust the size and positioning of the Super Bowl logo just slightly, and then get the stadium walls the same color as the banners in places. I may not have time until later this week to work on that, but we all know what the field looked like at this point. I'm glad the game was great, even if the field wasn't.

No Problem, The game was far better than I anticipated. The field would have looked much better if it was on grass. The logs, colors and graidents in the Super Bowl logo, "pop" on a grass field, Compare SB 49 (at University of Phoenix Stadium) and SB 50 (Levi's Stadium) to SB 51 (Mersedes-Benz Superdome) and SB 52 (US Bank Stadium). Grass is a far superior surface and you dont get the "Grainy" looking logos and Endzones.

I've been working on my first personal version of the Super Bowl LII field with my own custom template and image/texture resources from the internet. I believe the result is pretty nice. Was waiting til after the game to finalize it so that colors and patters were accurate. Feedback appreciated.

SBLII_field+copy3.png

2 hours ago, gregor630 said:

I've been working on my first personal version of the Super Bowl LII field with my own custom template and image/texture resources from the internet. I believe the result is pretty nice. Was waiting til after the game to finalize it so that colors and patters were accurate. Feedback appreciated.

SBLII_field+copy3.png

I like it. The Field template looks vaguely familiar ;-) (but easily accessable on the WWW) I like Texture sources, a bit different than the ones that Pitt6pack and I use. 

10 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

No Problem, The game was far better than I anticipated. The field would have looked much better if it was on grass. The logs, colors and graidents in the Super Bowl logo, "pop" on a grass field, Compare SB 49 (at University of Phoenix Stadium) and SB 50 (Levi's Stadium) to SB 51 (Mersedes-Benz Superdome) and SB 52 (US Bank Stadium). Grass is a far superior surface and you dont get the "Grainy" looking logos and Endzones.

Superbowl 51 was in Houston, NRG Stadium

15 hours ago, gregor630 said:

SBLII_field+copy3.png

I really like the texture for the turf. It's the closest I've seen to an artificial surface. Right now I'd say my artificial turf surface texture is better suited for grass, and my grass texture I never thought was all that great. Where did you find the source for the texture, or did you make it yourself?

13 hours ago, VisionaryDot said:

Superbowl 51 was in Houston, NRG Stadium

Yep goofed on that one. That is what I get for posting and being very tired. ;-)

10 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I really like the texture for the turf. It's the closest I've seen to an artificial surface. Right now I'd say my artificial turf surface texture is better suited for grass, and my grass texture I never thought was all that great. Where did you find the source for the texture, or did you make it yourself?

Appreciate the response! As for your question, I used a high-quality brushed metal texture from a simple Google search with no vignette look on it, so that the lighting was consistent across the whole of the field. The more I looked at photos of the field, I realized that the pattern of how the grass laid throughout the field went parallel with the yard lines as well as perpendicular. So I used two layers of the same texture, with one laying parallel and one perpendicular, like I mentioned. Just a few tweaks with opacity, layering effects, and adding just the right amount of noise on top of it all, I got what I thought looked pretty darn close to how field turf looks nowadays.

Super Bowl LII: February 4, 2018 - US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Philadelphia Eagles - 41        New England Patriots - 33

lZLuN8C.png

Field without teamboxes

Spoiler

Q5GTiXk.png

Finished the final touches. Added the dark turf around the NFL logo, fixed the numbers, adjusted the size of the logos in the Eagles endzone, adjusted the demensions of the Super Bowl logo, adjusted shading, and added light blue as the stadium boarder (I know it was more intricate than that, but my standard has been the base color).

< Super Bowl LI    First Post    Super Bowl LIII >

• Like 3

On 2/8/2018 at 3:09 PM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl LII: February 4, 2018 - US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Philadelphia Eagles - 41        New England Patriots - 33

52.png

Field without teamboxes

Reveal hidden contents

52s.png

Finished the final touches. Added the dark turf around the NFL logo, fixed the numbers, adjusted the size of the logos in the Eagles endzone, adjusted the demensions of the Super Bowl logo, adjusted shading, and added light blue as the stadium boarder (I know it was more intricate than that, but my standard has been the base color).

< Super Bowl LI    First Post    Super Bowl LIII >

Hey. Would you be down to do some concept fields for any hypothetical super bowls that I may come up with using the current super bowl field format? I'd be really curious to see what Raiders-Saints would look like or maybe Titans-Redskins?

On 2/13/2018 at 3:49 AM, pitt6pack said:

Well, I won't have time till Thursday, but I do have some LIII concepts started to fill a different request.

nXyxXKM.png

fuiAdL8.png

I can get to those matchups next, and maybe do all the teams enzdones in the current Super Bowl format, just to see what they look like.

That's awesome thanks man. Also I actually think the Cowboys end zone is pretty cool for two reasons. One because they don't have the star by itself at AT&T Stadium they have the two helmets on either side. And two it's trippy looking at it because until you turn your head sideways the logo looks like it's rotated to point in the wrong direction but then I realized that's just the nature of a star lol. Also lmao'd at the Browns. Anyway yeah dude I think it would be cool to show off all the teams endzones in 16 different hypothetical super bowls with 16 different matchups for sb53. that would be dope and also after that maybe some different designs for different teams we've seen in the past. I honestly think the saints end zone would look better in black than gold, panthers better in electric blue than black, broncos better in orange than navy blue, etc. They always seem to go for the boring/uglier color (besides the steelers I'm glad they knew to make that one yellow). Anyways take your time can't wait to see what they look like.