Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

Y'all really believe the super-strict-no-throwback-uniform-NFL is going to allow the saloon font to be used in the endzone? C'mon now 🙄🙄

They let the Rams use their Century Gothic font last year instead of their official font...

EDIT: Oops. Point was already made. LoL

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

13 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

One more, with a full field this time. There's no dirt behind the endzones anymore, but there is black rubber.

mMZkphf.png

@pitt6pack Yea, I think this is the field that will be created. Though I hope for a yellow Endzone for the Chiefs. I believe in an interview, the teams stated they have the choice on how the endzone is detailed (within NFL guidelines). But givien this is the 100th Season, who knows. Will check with the people I know, but i doubt they will answer. BTW the Superbowl fields are painted by the grounds crew that works for ASU Sun Devil Stadium. As far as I know, they are seperate from the State Farm grounds crew that the Cardinals and the Fiesta Bowl use. 

• Like 1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

13 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

One more, with a full field this time. There's no dirt behind the endzones anymore, but there is black rubber.

mMZkphf.png

Looks more like a dark tan/brown clay like substance. I will chek the stadiums' website for more information. 

Edited by SFCOM1
spelling

1 hour ago, jc... said:

I'm surprised they are painting this early. In my limited experience with a high school grass field, in two weeks, you'll need a full repaint. 

They've done this the past few years actually, although those games were on an artificial surface, which makes a huge difference when it comes to field paint. For Super Bowl 50, I beleive they painted the field twice. The first go around the field paint colors looked much darker, but by game day, the colors were bright.

56 minutes ago, SFCOM1 said:

@pitt6pack Yea, I think this is the field that will be created. Though I hope for a yellow Endzone for the Chiefs. I believe in an interview, the teams stated they have the choice on how the endzone is detailed (within NFL guidelines). But givien this is the 100th Season, who knows. Will check with the people I know, but i doubt they will answer. BTW the Superbowl fields are painted by the grounds crew that works for ASU Sun Devil Stadium. As far as I know, they are separate from the State Farm grounds crew that the Cardinals and the Fiesta Bowl use. 

Interesting that ASUs ground crew is in charge of the Super Bowl fields. I wonder how they determine who takes over painting the fields. I know they usually like to stick with the same crew from year to year.

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

They've done this the past few years actually, although those games were on an artificial surface, which makes a huge difference when it comes to field paint. For Super Bowl 50, I beleive they painted the field twice. The first go around the field paint colors looked much darker, but by game day, the colors were bright.

Interesting that ASUs ground crew is in charge of the Super Bowl fields. I wonder how they determine who takes over painting the fields. I know they usually like to stick with the same crew from year to year.

I believe George Toma's Grandson is one of the head grounds keepers at Frank Kush field at Sun Devil Stadium (Official name LOL), And they use the field for experiments on painting tecniques. Hence all the interesting field graphics the past couple of years. 

4 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

Technically yes but doubtful. In SB XLVII we saw a red endzone and the 49ers have always had a red endzone in their own stadium when it is fully painted.

Just if the Chiefs do a red endzone (which they shouldn't)... so there isn't two red endzones... i wonder if it's possible. The Chiefs have dominant red for the game, and the Niners will be dominantly gold... if we';re going with on-field aesthetics, i think it *could* be possible...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

15 minutes ago, JQK said:

Just if the Chiefs do a red endzone (which they shouldn't)... so there isn't two red endzones... i wonder if it's possible. The Chiefs have dominant red for the game, and the Niners will be dominantly gold... if we';re going with on-field aesthetics, i think it *could* be possible...

I wondered the same thing although im positive it wont happen.

Interesting discussion though: Typically, since the absence of the helmets in the end zone, they have painted the end zone opposite of the team logo. with that in mind, a gold 49ers EZ could be possible although i doubt it. I would be curious to see what that looks like. 

However, i hated the Saints gold EZ and thought it would have been much better black with gold white writing. 

Latest update:

012120201133_l.jpg

NFL 100 logo and the Super Bowl logos are painted. No endzones yet; maybe the teams still need to decide on a style.

I've noticed that the dimension of the logos I have are a bit off. The Super Bowl logo doesn't span the full width of the hashes, and is completely inside the hashmarks fromt he 20 to 30 yard lines. The NFL 100 logo looks to be the same width as what I have, but not as tall, with the football nearly sitting on top of the hash mark, with the NFL logo being mostly above the hashes, and being completely between the 47 yard lines on either side.

I also see some interesting things in this image (complements of @jc...)

EOzqv82XsAArPQ1.jpg

It looks like, at least to begin with, they are painting 3D effects on that NFL logo, with drop shadows around the stars and "NFL". It could be possible that the NFL 100 logo at midfield will use the 3D, plastic like, version, similar to this:

zwpbzpohdjlxbjt1zplv

You can see the dark line in the second 0, that would be in the center of the number. Plus, the shadow in the "NFL" part of the logos both match each other in each image. The other points to look at, are the outline of the white part of the 100. Theres a silver outline outside of the white, which again matches the 3D style NFL 100 logo. 

Can't wait to see what other images we get (and hopefully some endzones soon!)

• Like 1

Ok I got this off the Sun Devil web site Peter Wozniak and Brian Johnson who are the managers of grounds for ASU. They are the team that goes to the Super Bowl to paint the fields.  They have worked together since Super Bowl XXX (Ironicaly at Sun Devil Stadium). Neither is a relation to Toma, but worked specifially with Him since SB XXX. 

Edited by SFCOM1
Added information