Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

35 minutes ago, noodlesnchips said:
spacer.png

A good picture of the midfield logo.  if I could figure out how to get it on here.

Awesome pic!

Looks like a silver outline of just the 100 part, and a darker shade of blue for the NFL logo, than the 100. Doesn't look to have any 3D effects, but we have seen in past years shading and gradients added to the Super Bowl logos within the last two days before the game, when they re-paint the field. So something to look out for, but to me it looks like this is the logo they're going to go with.

29 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Awesome pic!

Looks like a silver outline of just the 100 part, and a darker shade of blue for the NFL logo, than the 100. Doesn't look to have any 3D effects, but we have seen in past years shading and gradients added to the Super Bowl logos within the last two days before the game, when they re-paint the field. So something to look out for, but to me it looks like this is the logo they're going to go with.

Yes sir.  I expect the colors to be darker/brighter depending on the shade used by the time the game rolls around.  I'm sure the field will have been painted 2 or 3 times by then.

Call me crazy but what if...they put the super bowl logo at the 50 like in the XXXI-XXXVII games but then put the NFL 100 logo in the endzones with the team name and logo and colors and put the team helmets on the 25's???   Just small team helmets.  2 of the 49ers on their 25 and 2 Chiefs on their 25. Down closer to the sidelines.   Would that look gaudy and cluttered?

23 minutes ago, noodlesnchips said:

Call me crazy but what if...they put the super bowl logo at the 50 like in the XXXI-XXXVII games but then put the NFL 100 logo in the endzones with the team name and logo and colors and put the team helmets on the 25's???   Just small team helmets.  2 of the 49ers on their 25 and 2 Chiefs on their 25.  Would that look gaudy and cluttered?

Maybe one helmet of each and it would look good. Actually that is my fav template. SB Logo at the 50, helmets on the 25's. For endzone it has to still be Logo+Wordmark+Conference logo. I'm in the possible minority that thinks the best the endzones have looked was on SB XL with how the conference logos were put.I would absolutely love to see, say a KC Chiefs red endzone, with logo on the left, centered yellow wordmark, and the conference logo put with the SB XL format on the right. AFC logo obviously red and the boxy design for lack of a better word in yellow. For the 49ers in this case I would not mind the red endzone with logo on left, centered saloon wordmark font in gold, with the boxy design of the conference logo in gold on the right.

Now that I think about it, if Pitt6Pack can do something like that, it would be interesting.

44 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

Maybe one helmet of each and it would look good. Actually that is my fav template. SB Logo at the 50, helmets on the 25's. For endzone it has to still be Logo+Wordmark+Conference logo. I'm in the possible minority that thinks the best the endzones have looked was on SB XL with how the conference logos were put.I would absolutely love to see, say a KC Chiefs red endzone, with logo on the left, centered yellow wordmark, and the conference logo put with the SB XL format on the right. AFC logo obviously red and the boxy design for lack of a better word in yellow. For the 49ers in this case I would not mind the red endzone with logo on left, centered saloon wordmark font in gold, with the boxy design of the conference logo in gold on the right.

Now that I think about it, if Pitt6Pack can do something like that, it would be interesting.

@Pleepleus75 already did a field design like this. I liked the endzone design for Super Bowl XL, but that could be due to Steelers bias. I do like how it breaks the endzone up a bit and adds color, but I think it was appropriate for Super Bowl XL, because of the game being in Detroit, and because of the design and colors of the Super Bowl logo. For Super Bowl LIV, it wouldn't make as much sense, but maybe another style of "banner" would work that would be Super Bowl LIV and Miami themed.

19 hours ago, Pleepleus75 said:

spacer.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

@Pleepleus75 already did a field design like this. I liked the endzone design for Super Bowl XL, but that could be due to Steelers bias. I do like how it breaks the endzone up a bit and adds color, but I think it was appropriate for Super Bowl XL, because of the game being in Detroit, and because of the design and colors of the Super Bowl logo. For Super Bowl LIV, it wouldn't make as much sense, but maybe another style of "banner" would work that would be Super Bowl LIV and Miami themed.

Thanks, but try yellow instead of grey for the conference logo design of the Chiefs. Gold instead of grey for the conference logo design of the Niners.

3 hours ago, noodlesnchips said:

spacer.png

I would be down with this for sure.  Love those conference boxes from XL. If the Chiefs endzone was yellow or the 49ers gold...it'd be an all time classic.

spacer.png

I prefer a yellow Chiefs endzone over a gold 49ers one, however the gray gets washed out a bit.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Here's my update for the Super Bowl and NFL 100 logos:

um6FzBK.png

Tried to fix the dimensions, added a silver line to the 100 part of the NFL 100 logo, and updated the colors of the NFL 100 logo (darker blue for the NFL logo, and lighter blue for the 100 part).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's my update for the Super Bowl and NFL 100 logos:

um6FzBK.png

Tried to fix the dimensions, added a silver line to the 100 part of the NFL 100 logo, and updated the colors of the NFL 100 logo (darker blue for the NFL logo, and lighter blue for the 100 part).

Love to see how each super bowl that didn’t have the double helmet EZ would have looked (Post SB 30).

big fan of the work. 

10 hours ago, red8721 said:

Love to see how each super bowl that didn’t have the double helmet EZ would have looked (Post SB 30).

big fan of the work. 

So I have mock ups of 31-53 in the double helmet - two bar facemask style endzones.  I should probably create a new thread for something like that instead of muddying the waters here.

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 minute ago, Pleepleus75 said:

So I have mock ups of 31-53 in the double helmet - two bar facemask style endzones.  I should probably create a new thread for something like that instead of muddying the waters here.

love to see this!!!!!

I messaged Roger Goodell on twitter but no response, lol. 

• Like 1