Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Gold Endzones!? Maybe!?

012320201333_l.jpg

If we see a white outline on the Chiefs wordmark, that's a bad sign. If we see red in the 49ers wordmark, that would also be a bad sign, given it could look more like this with a non-painted endzone: SF_2019%5E1.png

But then again, they could not paint the endzones, and it look like this:

SF_2018%5E2.png

But it looks like the NFL is sticking with the AFC in the left endzone for the fourth year in a row.

• Like 1

It would be cool if someone that has the skills to make super bowl fields with this template from 1967 for the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles vs 1960 Houston Oilers.  Me personally would like to see a super bowl I field template for the 1963 Chicago Bears vs 1963 San Diego Chargers.  Could someone please make that one?  Would be cool to see what it would look like.

14 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

and of course this comes to mind

Great. Googly. Moogly.

• Like 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Some steps in the right direction for the NFL and Super Bowl fields this year. A bit more consistency between endzones would be nice though, and the return of some sort of logo to the right side of the endzone to put the wordmarks back in the center would be an improvement.

012320201538_l.jpg

We also get the first ideas of what will be in the team boxes. At least for Kansas City they will have their standard logo. I'd hope they'd go with a red team box for some contrast with their endzone. It will be interesting to see what logo will be in the 49ers team box, if it's their standard logo, or a helmet (I'd guess standard logo).

Should be a good looking field once it's all finished.

• Like 1

Although I love the use of the helmet for the 49ers, I think the Chiefs have the best endzone any team’s had since the current endzone system was adopted simply because of how well their logo and wordmark fills the space. It looks a whole lot less empty than others have. Plus, yellow to contrast against what will likely be red for the 49ers is the right move. 

All that said, the conference logos do need to return. The endzones always look their best, in my opinion, when the wordmark is centered and bookended with logos of some kind.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I wonder if the Bengals ever do reach the Super Bowl, would their end zone also include their black tiger stripes like their end zones at home? They are the only team in Super Bowl History that actually had their helmet logo in both the helmet and helmet conference logo back when the NFL done both helmets in the end zones. 

I wonder if the Bengals ever do reach the Super Bowl, would their end zone also include their black tiger stripes like their end zones at home? They are the only team in Super Bowl History that actually had their helmet logo in both the helmet and helmet conference logo back when the NFL done both helmets in the end zones. 

If the Bengals ever made it back to the super bowl do you think they’d use the tiger stripes that are in their end zone now? They are the only team that’s made the super bowl that had their helmet logo (tiger stripes) on both the regular and conference helmet.