Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Here's something that I've been wondering, now that the Chiefs teambox is yellow:

How are they outlining the bottom of the teambox?

The last team to have a yellow teambox was the Steelers in Super Bowls XLIII and XLV:

43.png

45.png

The line nearest the field is a standard yellow, as you can see in the Cardinals and Packers teamboxes. For the Steelers, they added a black line between the yellow line and the rest of the teambox, so that the standard yellow line was stand alone, and didn't blend in with the rest of the teambox.

On this years field, it may be too early to tell what they will do with the Chiefs teambox:

012420201408_l.jpg

As of now, it doesn't look like they've added an extra line, but they also need to repaint the yellow press line and the yellow line at the base of the teambox, so we may find out later once the grounds crew has done that.

Not bad, but it could have been better.  Not sure why they stopped doing the conference logos in the end zones.  Also it's a little strange that the niners will be wearing a different helmet than the one in their end zone.  I know they've been doing that at Levi's Stadium, and 99% of the country won't notice anyways, but still to me it seems a little strange.

90758391980.gif

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Not bad, but it could have been better.  Not sure why they stopped doing the conference logos in the end zones.  Also it's a little strange that the niners will be wearing a different helmet than the one in their end zone.  I know they've been doing that at Levi's Stadium, and 99% of the country won't notice anyways, but still to me it seems a little strange.

The first Super Bowl without the conference logos was SB 50. It didn't look bad during 50 and 51 with longer team names (Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, Patriots), but it just doesn't look right with these teams who have 5-6 word names (Eagles, Rams, Chiefs, 49ers). This field would look much better with the names in the center of the end zones and the conference logos on the right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, americanhero24 said:

The first Super Bowl without the conference logos was SB 50. It didn't look bad during 50 and 51 with longer team names (Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, Patriots), but it just doesn't look right with these teams who have 5-6 word names (Eagles, Rams, Chiefs, 49ers). This field would look much better with the names in the center of the end zones and the conference logos on the right.

I am an Eagles fan and their endzone disappointed SO BADLY. Terribly off-centered, the older previous endzone logo was used, too much empty space on the one side of the endzone, JUST AWFUL. But, they did win so that made me happy!!! :) :winner:

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's something that I've been wondering, now that the Chiefs teambox is yellow:

How are they outlining the bottom of the teambox?

The last team to have a yellow teambox was the Steelers in Super Bowls XLIII and XLV:

43.png

45.png

The line nearest the field is a standard yellow, as you can see in the Cardinals and Packers teamboxes. For the Steelers, they added a black line between the yellow line and the rest of the teambox, so that the standard yellow line was stand alone, and didn't blend in with the rest of the teambox.

On this years field, it may be too early to tell what they will do with the Chiefs teambox:

012420201408_l.jpg

As of now, it doesn't look like they've added an extra line, but they also need to repaint the yellow press line and the yellow line at the base of the teambox, so we may find out later once the grounds crew has done that.

I agree. They most likely outline with black stripe, just like previous years with the Steelers.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Here's what I've got for a full sized field right now:

lsKk19I.png

Took me a while to get the dimensions correct, but I think I've got my measurements near spot on. I may need to color correct a bit by game time, but the last big thing for me to add is the grass texture, which I'll do after the game, once I've got some good field shots and know I've got everything correct. Plus, you never know what field changes could take place by game time.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's what I've got for a full sized field right now:

lsKk19I.png

Took me a while to get the dimensions correct, but I think I've got my measurements near spot on. I may need to color correct a bit by game time, but the last big thing for me to add is the grass texture, which I'll do after the game, once I've got some good field shots and know I've got everything correct. Plus, you never know what field changes could take place by game time.  

What’s the likelihood of the numbers being outlined this year? With a grass field, there’s absolutely no excuse not to. I’d go with red for both teams.

• Like 1

I really like this year's field, it's not perfect but it's definitely one of the best in a long time. My positives are the 49ers throwback look and the Chiefs going with yellow. My negatives are no conference logos and I'm afraid the 49ers red looks a little dark, at least compared to the latest design by @pitt6pack. I may be in the minority but I actually like that both end zones don't match. A little less formulaic can be a good thing. Just my two cents of course...Go Niners!!!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Tried my hand at the field from what I've seen. Would have really preferred the Chiefs end zone had a two bar helmet to match the 49ers style, especially since KC had been celebrating 60 Years with that same style helmet at midfield all season. As far as colors, very refreshing from a majority of the last seven or so years. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

If you dont mind me asking. How did you get the full stadium layout on there. I know Pitt does too so if both of you answer that's fine because I could not seem to do so

So I have a layered base field template with pro and college field markings.  My template is at 1920x1080 pixels so it will scale correctly for my HD monitor.  I look at pictures from as many angles of the stadium as I can find to get dimensions from the field and where the stairways go and such.  I have found that ticket selling sites like SeatGeek have good section views and I use Google maps when I can to measure distances.  Then its just a matter of making layers for the seat risers, seats, stairs, walls etc.    For this stadium, it took about 15 hours.  I have about 15 NFL ones done so far.  Done a few college ones.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, gregor630 said:

spacer.png

Tried my hand at the field from what I've seen. Would have really preferred the Chiefs end zone had a two bar helmet to match the 49ers style, especially since KC had been celebrating 60 Years with that same style helmet at midfield all season. As far as colors, very refreshing from a majority of the last seven or so years. 

Not the worst as of recently, but I also am not a fan of the inconsistency. They need to either do logos or helmets, but not a logo in one and a helmet in the other.

6 hours ago, DDG88 said:

So I have a layered base field template with pro and college field markings.  My template is at 1920x1080 pixels so it will scale correctly for my HD monitor.  I look at pictures from as many angles of the stadium as I can find to get dimensions from the field and where the stairways go and such.  I have found that ticket selling sites like SeatGeek have good section views and I use Google maps when I can to measure distances.  Then its just a matter of making layers for the seat risers, seats, stairs, walls etc.    For this stadium, it took about 15 hours.  I have about 15 NFL ones done so far.  Done a few college ones.

Ngl. I may try this. Not necessarily for football but will definitely be trying this

6 hours ago, SackExchange48 said:

Not the worst as of recently, but I also am not a fan of the inconsistency. They need to either do logos or helmets, but not a logo in one and a helmet in the other.

I am ok with the different endzone designs.

The NFL asks each team what they want, the team tells them, it is approved, then it is done.

One team wants their helmet in their endzone, the other team doesn't. IMO, nothing wrong with that at all. "This is our team endzone, that is their team endzone'.  I am probably in the minority with that opinion though, LOL. 

• Like 3