Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XXIV: January 28, 1990 - Louisiana Super Dome, New Orleans, Louisiana

San Francisco 49ers - 55         Denver Broncos - 10

nddb2OD.png

There was a slight modification to the Super Bowl logo for this field, being the removal of the white within the numerals.

< Super Bowl XXIII    First Post    Super Bowl XXV >

Super Bowl XXIV: January 28, 1990. Louisiana Super Dome, New Orleans, Louisiana

San Francisco 49ers - 55 Denver Broncos - 10

24_zps0ab14faa.png

There was a slight modification to the Super Bowl logo for this field, being the removal of the white within the numerals. Also the AFC and NFC logos where changed slightly.

I always wondered why they made that change with the AFC and NFC logos. It looked odd, but I guess they wanted the logo to be "Distintive" from the helmet.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

There is a black spot in your 4 in 49ers.

I've had the black spot in all of my 49ers wordmarks so far. They had it for XVI I believe and I've only changed the color for each following Super Bowl I've used it. I'll go back and double check it though.

Super Bowl XXV: January 27, 1991 - Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Buffalo Bills - 19         New York Giants - 20

BtbJfmf.png

< Super Bowl XXIV    First Post    Super Bowl XXVI >

Super Bowl XXV: January 27, 1991. Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Buffalo Bills - 19 New York Giants - 20

25_zps81feb614.png

Scott Norwood. Oh bless his heart, this was probably Buffalo's best chance to win the Super Bowl in their 4 dates. And it only got worse from here for the Bills.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Until my beloved Seahawks' win this past year, XXV was my favorite SB. I just got on the 25th SB bandwagon in so many ways, buying just about anything with the logo on it. And then the game was a classic to boot. It makes me feel soooo old that 50 is just 18 months away.

Super Bowl XXVI: January 26, 1992 - Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Washington (Commanders) - 37         Buffalo Bills - 24

nIzqnsp.png

Slight changes for the (Commanders) from past Super Bowl's. A lighter gold, and a thinner font for the wordmark.

This was also the first Super Bowl where the field lines ended 8in from the sidelines instead of connecting to the sidelines.

< Super Bowl XXV    First Post    Super Bowl XXVII >

Super Bowl XXVI: Rypien "ryps" the Bills. Like I said, after Norwood's wide right; it only got worse for Buffalo. Super Bowl XXVII was the worst nightmare for Buffalo.

And Buffalo lost 4 straight Super Bowls to an NFC East representative (Giants, Redskins and Cowboys [x2]).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

With four straight losses for the Bills, no wonder the AFC lost 13 Super Bowls in a row. Three teams accounted for 9 of the 13 losses, Bills(4), Broncos(3), and Patriots(2). If the Giants had lost their two Super Bowl appearances during this time, the NFL would have shaped out much differently.