Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

I think if Buffalo beat NY Giants, they would've beaten Washington too. Although, I think they would've lost Super Bowl XXVII to Dallas, although it would've probably a much closer score then the 52-17 had to say.

I'd have to agree with that, Dallas was too good a team that year. Super Bowl XXVIII would then have been the game of the century with a rematch with new champs the Cowboys, and the two time champs and fourth time in a row to the Super Bowl Bills.

the turf at the metrodome never looked so good, then I heard the NFL brought in its own turf instead of using the regular turf at the dome

Do you have a picture of the turf before hand? I'd like to see it. I don't think the Super Bowl turf looked all that bad for what it was, but there was nothing special about it either.

The '91 world series would have been played on the old turf I guess. Since we are on the subject of Minnesota's field, its a shame they didn't keep the move out doors permanent with the new stadium, but at we will have two years of true Minnesota football.

Super Bowl XXVI on-field logos:

Midfield

2BiXjyt.png

Super Bowl XXVI Logo

PEjLWkt.png

(Commanders) Endzone

DsV2sMP.png

Bills Endzone

gEGjguH.png

if the new stadium was outdoors no Super Bowl 52 in Mpls.

If I remember correctly I think it would have cost them $200,000,000 to $300,000,000 more to add a retractable roof. Either way its going to a brand new modern stadium.

yeah but how often do teams with retractable roofs actually leave them open? besides it not like they would have it open in nov or later

It's not like Arizona or Arlington where you could have the roof open all 8 games of the regular season. Minnesota gets harsh when the calendar flips to November/December.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

i live in Glendale (actualy a small slice of Phoenix that butts up to Glendale) and I can actually see UofP stadium from my subdivision. The roof is usualy closed most of the time, but I would have to say from October through the end of the season the roof is usally open. Depends on the Cardinals wishes. Though the stadium is much louder with the roof closed (and it is more like a "sun roof" than a full roof anyway!) :wink2:

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Though the stadium is much louder with the roof closed (and it is more like a "sun roof" than a full roof anyway!) :wink2:

I think this is why you see the RR stadiums with the roof closed, so they can copycat what Seattle did and attempt to catch the crowd noise and funnel it back onto the field.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On to a place that never needs a retractable roof...

Super Bowl XXVII: January 31, 1993 - Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California

Buffalo Bills - 17         Dallas Cowboys - 52

l8QfMdz.png

The use of vibrant reds and blues looked nice on this field, but I'm not sure why they added the box around the Super Bowl logo

< Super Bowl XXVI    First Post    Super Bowl XXVIII >

On to a place that never needs a retractable roof...

Super Bowl XXVII: January 31, 1993. Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California

Buffalo Bills - 17 Dallas Cowboys - 52

27_zpscd0e2af0.png

The use of vibrant reds and blues looked nice on this field, but I'm not sure why they added the box around the Super Bowl logo

If Leon Lett didn't let Don Beebe knock the ball out of his hands, we'd have been talking about this game being the biggest whitewash in SB history.

This game was the perfect representation of Murphy's Law; anything that could go wrong for Buffalo, DID go wrong for Buffalo. (9 turnovers, Jim Kelly getting injured...)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

if I recall correctly Super Bowl 27 was supposed to be in Tempe AZ, but the NFL moved it due to a lack of Arizona celebrating MLK day at the time.

That's the first time I've actually heard of that. Wikipedia sums it up pretty good. I wonder what kind of interesting and unique Super Bowl logo would have been for SBXXVII if it were held in AZ. The SBXXX logo worked out good with the numerals, but I don't think they could have pulled it off with XXVII.

if I recall correctly Super Bowl 27 was supposed to be in Tempe AZ, but the NFL moved it due to a lack of Arizona celebrating MLK day at the time.

Correct. though I wonder if that was the reason the logos had rhat blue field around them. Or a possible mis painted or repainted area.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Super Bowl XXVIII: January 30, 1994 - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia

Dallas Cowboys - 30         Buffalo Bills - 13

qMVoQB4.png

< Super Bowl XXVII    First Post    Super Bowl XXIX >