Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Here is a pic of the "football" logo from SB XV

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM89-nLYq7U#t=44

Thanks. The Bengals word mark should be an easy edit, and I have something close for the football. The only thing is I used a font to do the Pete Rozelle signature instead of his actual signature, so I'll change that.

Super Bowl XII: January 15, 1978 - Louisiana Super Dome,  New Orleans, Louisiana

Dallas Cowboys - 27        Denver Broncos - 10

ylIIOkD.png

< Super Bowl XI    First Post    Super Bowl XIII >

Super Bowl XII: Louisiana Super Dome. New Orleans, LA

12_zpsdce439ce.png

I believe Super Bowl IX was supposed to be the first Super Bowl in the Superdome. But, construction hit a snag with the dome and it's debut on the big stage came in Super Bowl XII.

The Orange Crush defense, that was an underrated group. It's just they got overshadowed by all the other great defensive units from the 70's (The Doomsday Defense II, The Steel Curtain, The Purple People Eaters, The 'No Name Defense').

Craig Morton, who was on the flipside of the QB battle in Dallas and was the loser to Roger Staubach, led Denver to the Super Bowl, but the Doomsday Defense KO'ed him rather quickly and his back-up Norris Weese didn't fair much better. This is the only game in which there were co-MVPs (Harvey Martin and Randy White).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XIII: January 21, 1979 - Miami Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida

Pittsburgh Steelers - 35        Dallas Cowboys - 31

qjGsbEQ.png

< Super Bowl XII    First Post    Super Bowl XIV >

Super Bowl XIII: Orange Bowl Miami, FL.

13_zps16771f84.png

Two words that sum up this Super Bowl.

Jackie. Smith.

A lot of things went wrong for the Cowboys that game. Jackie Smith of course, but the interference call made when Swann tripped over Benny Barnes, Franco Harris's TD aided by an officials block, and Gerela's terrible kickoff that ended up being fumbled because Randy White was wearing a cast.

Super Bowl XIII: Orange Bowl Miami, FL.

13_zps16771f84.png

Two words that sum up this Super Bowl.

Jackie. Smith.

A lot of things went wrong for the Cowboys that game. Jackie Smith of course, but the interference call made when Swann tripped over Benny Barnes, Franco Harris's TD aided by an officials block, and Gerela's terrible kickoff that ended up being fumbled because Randy White was wearing a cast.

Despite all of those errors, Dallas had a chance to possibly win the game (or at least put Pittsburgh really behind the 8-ball) if Jackie Smith held onto that pass.

I think Pittsburgh would've had less then a minute or something to try and march down the field and have the ability to retake the lead and win the game.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

You have the end zones reversed on the Super Bowl V field. I was watching the highlights of that game earlier on you tube and the Cowboys end zone was on the right of the Lombardi Trophy.

Well that was a big thing to miss. Thanks. I think I'm going to go back and redo all the fields from I-VI since I have the dimensions wrong, and also since recently someone has been posting the highlights for all the super bowl games on you tube. I have already seen a few changes I need to make to SBII and SBVI fields as well, so I guess I'' go back and redo those older fields before moving on to XIV.

a general note about the NFL logo I recall when the NFL came out with the updated shield in 2008, so reports stated it was the first time the logo was change since 1980, that could explain the differences in the nfl shield logo discussion on page 3

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

a general note about the NFL logo I recall when the NFL came out with the updated shield in 2008, so reports stated it was the first time the logo was change since 1980, that could explain the differences in the nfl shield logo discussion on page 3

1980 (Super Bowl XIV) was the first super bowl where they used the more updated NFL logo. I was just a bit surprised to see the pre 1980 logo because I have never seen it anywhere else except for on the fields. The NFL doesn't even use it in their sequence of changing logos before the games.

Yea. Its like they do not even recognize that logo. And its more a "Placeholder" logo that was modifed at the merger of the NFL and the AFL.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Super Bowl I: January 15, 1967. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, California

Kansas City Chiefs - 10        Green Bay Packers - 35

wyutAOx.png

< First Post    Super Bowl II >

I have noticed that you didn't reverse the NFL-AFL colour scripts in mid-field of SB I.

You see, it should be from this...

1_Midfield_zps0193059e.png?t=1402016325

Into this...

si_super_bowl_01.jpg

I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't notice it. I saw your recent correction of the SB I field and I thought you'd fix these colour errors as well.

I have noticed that you didn't reverse the NFL-AFL colour scripts in mid-field of SB I.

You see, it should be from this...

1_Midfield_zps0193059e.png?t=1402016325

Into this...

si_super_bowl_01.jpg

I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't notice it. I saw your recent correction of the SB I field and I thought you'd fix these colour errors as well.

Looks like I need to thin the football a bit and thicken the white within the football as well