Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

30 minutes ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Ngl. I may try this. Not necessarily for football but will definitely be trying this

I've done one for all the teams here in Denver.  Coors Field for the Rockies, Pepsi Center that converts to both Nuggets and Avalanche 

• Like 3

One thing I'll note from the Pro-Bowl, that I think is Super Bowl field relevant, is the NFL 100 logo at midfield:

Yi7FBZ2.png

The NFL did include multiple shades of blue in the 100 part, for a 3D effect, and also some in the NFL logo. This makes me believe they will do the same for the Super Bowl, when also looking at how they started painting the field:

EOzqv82XsAArPQ1.jpg

Also you can clearly see blue under the red NFL letters in the NFL logo at the end of this video:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

I am ok with the different endzone designs.

The NFL asks each team what they want, the team tells them, it is approved, then it is done.

One team wants their helmet in their endzone, the other team doesn't. IMO, nothing wrong with that at all. "This is our team endzone, that is their team endzone'.  I am probably in the minority with that opinion though, LOL. 

I don’t think the teams should get to have that much of a say. Just look at the recent Seahawks or Patriots monstrosity of an end zone for example. I trust people like George Toma’s decision making on a Super Bowl field more than Bob Kraft’s. It would almost be like telling someone what to get you for Christmas - Just open the present when the time comes, and enjoy the gift. Let the experts in the field make those decisions. Besides, Too many chefs in the kitchen won’t work out well when it comes to consistency or tradition. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 3:10 PM, RayFinkle said:

I am ok with the different endzone designs.

The NFL asks each team what they want, the team tells them, it is approved, then it is done.

One team wants their helmet in their endzone, the other team doesn't. IMO, nothing wrong with that at all. "This is our team endzone, that is their team endzone'.  I am probably in the minority with that opinion though, LOL. 

I think a lot of us are big fans of the field styles before like SB48, which were all about the unity of design across the entire field. Conference logos for the team represented, their logos, and word mark for the year. Whether it were just the logo or the helmet logo, it was always something I looked forward to seeing. Since SB48, it's all just looked kinda random and thrown together.

In the end, it's just us nerds caring more than the average fan about how a football field is designed for a single game lol

• Like 3

15 hours ago, gregor630 said:

I think a lot of us are big fans of the field styles before like SB48, which were all about the unity of design across the entire field. Conference logos for the team represented, their logos, and word mark for the year. Whether it were just the logo or the helmet logo, it was always something I looked forward to seeing. Since SB48, it's all just looked kinda random and thrown together.

In the end, it's just us nerds caring more than the average fan about how a football field is designed for a single game lol

You're probably right.  We can all dream anyway though LOL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, logoroy said:

Overhead shot of the field.  All in all not a bad looking field, but of course could be better, and more consistent...*cough...chiefs helmet...cough* 

hardrockstadiumedited.png?fit=750%2C456&ssl=1

Where'd this image come from? I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like an actual overhead shot; if you take a closer look, the logo sizes don't match what we've seen on the field so far, and there are no other markings outside of the field as there should be, and the angle of the field at the back of the endzones is not parallel with the stadium wall.

** EDIT **

It's actually an edited version of this image:

sede-final-super-bowl-2020-miami.jpg

Anyways, neat to see an overhead shot like this.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, logoroy said:

Overhead shot of the field.  All in all not a bad looking field, but of course could be better, and more consistent...*cough...chiefs helmet...cough* 

hardrockstadiumedited.png?fit=750%2C456&ssl=1

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Where'd this image come from? I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like an actual overhead shot; if you take a closer look, the logo sizes don't match what we've seen on the field so far, and there are no other markings outside of the field as there should be, and the angle of the field at the back of the endzones is not parallel with the stadium wall.

** EDIT **

It's actually an edited version of this image:

sede-final-super-bowl-2020-miami.jpg

Anyways, neat to see an overhead shot like this.

Bummer.  I just googled it, but still a good job to whoever edited the image to put the overhead shot of the field on there.

Here's a good overhead shot of the NFL 100 logo at midfield:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-29-at-10.55.26-PM-86

You can get a better sense of the 3-D effects in the logo from this angle.

And a video with different field shots we haven't seen before:

https://www.kshb.com/sports/crews-prep-hard-rock-stadium-field-for-super-bowl-liv

• Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 3:36 PM, pitt6pack said:

Here's a good overhead shot of the NFL 100 logo at midfield:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-29-at-10.55.26-PM-86

You can get a better sense of the 3-D effects in the logo from this angle.

And a video with different field shots we haven't seen before:

https://www.kshb.com/sports/crews-prep-hard-rock-stadium-field-for-super-bowl-liv

Should the blues be darker?? Looks kinda gray_blue to me. Could just be my eyes though. Getting older! 

11 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Should the blues be darker?? Looks kinda gray_blue to me. Could just be my eyes though. Getting older! 

This was while they were repainting. You can see where they have a lighter blue on the football, and the bottom left part of the image.

• Like 2

I took a look on the HD streaming on FOX and it looked liked the grass field shading was inverted.

YJuXO4v.png

But when it uploaded first, It did this!

R9rHQUQ.png

Great Googly Moogly!

Edited by SFCOM1
Spelling
  • Like 2

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

12 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

I took a look on the HD streaming on FOX and it looked liked the grass field shading was inverted.

YJuXO4v.png

Looks good. The yellow in the Chiefs endzone was an odd color, as you've got above. Although, we didn't get to see it much, since all 6 touchdowns were scored in the 49ers endzone.

I did notice that they added a very thin (about 2 inches wide) black line between the Chiefs teambox and the yellow line at the front of the teambox.

I'm working on my final textured version; hoping to finish that up tonight.

10 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Looks good. The yellow in the Chiefs endzone was an odd color, as you've got above. Although, we didn't get to see it much, since all 6 touchdowns were scored in the 49ers endzone.

I did notice that they added a very thin (about 2 inches wide) black line between the Chiefs teambox and the yellow line at the front of the teambox.

I'm working on my final textured version; hoping to finish that up tonight.

Yea, I think the color began to fade a bit before the game. They Painted on Saturday afternoon, If I saw that correct. I did not catch the Thin Black line though. I got to the game just before kickoff, due to Baseball meeting requirements!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Super Bowl LIV: February 2, 2020 - Hard Rock Stadium

San Francisco 49ers - 20        Kansas City Chiefs - 31

KiYKlHq.png

Field without teamboxes

Spoiler

QtX8e8z.png

< Super Bowl LIII    First Post    Super Bowl LV >

• Like 3