Miami Dolphins - 17        Washington (Commanders) - 27

apZ14rl.png

< Super Bowl XVI    First Post    Super Bowl XVIII >

• Like 1

Super Bowl XVIII: January 22, 1984 - Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Washington (Commanders) - 9         Los Angeles Raiders - 38

It7Byi4.png

< Super Bowl XVII    First Post    Super Bowl XIX >

There were different shades of grass on the Super Bowl XVIII field. I was going to show you a picture of what I meant but I it wouldn't let me post the picture. But I think every Super Bowl field played on grass had every 5 yards be either dark green and then light green, like you had it on the Super Bowl XVII field.

Super Bowl XVIII: January 22, 1984. Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Washington Redskins - 9 Los Angeles Raiders - 38

18_zpsfb77194c.png

Marcus Allen's U-Turn run for a score just punctuated how much more dominate the Raiders were this day over the Redskins. They just dominated Washington in every facet on the field.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XVII: January 30, 1983. Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California

17_zpsc5a47333.png?t=1402974693

Great endzones, great colors. For some reason I just love the black outlining of the 'Dolphins' script.

Would kinda like to see Wash make the SB just to see a maroon endzone.

It wouldn't be maroon in those days, though. (Probably would be today, but we we'll probably never know lol)

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Well as far as the Redskins Super Bowl history. The NFL has always used the "Secondary" ggold/yellow color, as the "primary" maroon is also the color of thier helmet. Another example of that in the past was Philly back in SB XV. They used a silver "secondary" color instead of the "primary" green of thier uniforms and helmet. Now in the future it's hard to say. The Eagles had a green endzone back in SB XXXVIII. So only time will tell! ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I'll get working on the multiple grass shades for the Super Bowl XVIII field.

And here are some posibilities for maroon Redskins endzones if they were to make it to a Super Bowl in the near future.

Redskins2_zpsc2d8b2d5.png

Redskins_zps1514df3e.png

Redskins3_zps2e0a19a3.png

I would think the last one would be the most likely based off of last years Super Bowl, and to me I think it looks the best.

There were different shades of grass on the Super Bowl XVIII field. I was going to show you a picture of what I meant but I it wouldn't let me post the picture. But I think every Super Bowl field played on grass had every 5 yards be either dark green and then light green, like you had it on the Super Bowl XVII field.

Do you have a link to the picture, I've been having a hard time seeing a difference in the grass shades from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBLyeK0HDQ

Super Bowl XVII: January 30, 1983. Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California

17_zpsc5a47333.png?t=1402974693

Great endzones, great colors. For some reason I just love the black outlining of the 'Dolphins' script.

Would kinda like to see Wash make the SB just to see a maroon endzone.

It wouldn't be maroon in those days, though. (Probably would be today, but we we'll probably never know lol)

Yeah, that's what I meant, should have been more clear. In that, I think in today's world, if Wash made the SB, their endzones would be maroon. I realize that in the past they would be yellow because of the contrasting maroon helmets. But since the helmets are not in the zones any more, I just would like to see a maroon endzone paint scheme.

One can dream. LOL

Do you have a link to the picture, I've been having a hard time seeing a difference in the grass shades from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBLyeK0HDQ

I don't have a link, I was going to post a picture I saw in an old Super Bowl book that I have, but I couldn't figure out how to post the picture. If you don't mind giving me your email address (I will understand if you don't) I will send you the picture.

I'll get working on the multiple grass shades for the Super Bowl XVIII field.

And here are some posibilities for maroon Redskins endzones if they were to make it to a Super Bowl in the near future.

Redskins3_zps2e0a19a3.png

I would think the last one would be the most likely based off of last years Super Bowl, and to me I think it looks the best.

That is pretty sexy.... but I'm assuming by the time Washington makes it to another Super Bowl it won't say Redskins.

Not starting anything, just my opinion.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

"I don't have a link, I was going to post a picture I saw in an old Super Bowl book that I have, but I couldn't figure out how to post the picture. If you don't mind giving me your email address (I will understand if you don't) I will send you the picture."

I'll send you my email in a personal conversation. If you have the image on your computer or phone you can get a Photobucket account and upload it there and then copy the image url. Not sure if thats your problem, but just a thought.