Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

On 1/17/2021 at 10:31 AM, pitt6pack said:

Wow, I love the stadium outlines on these; best I've seen it done. Really increases the realism.

Thanks.  Got to say you kind of inspired it when you started adding the walls and stuff to your Super Bowl fields.  I have done about 22 NFL stadiums. Working on the Rose Bowl.  Have a Coors Field and Pepsi Center (or Ball Arena now) that is interchangeable for the Nuggets and the Avalanche. (Yeah, I live in Denver)  It's a long process, about 20-40 hours to do one depending on how symmetrical the stadium is and if I can get a good seating chart and photos.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

If I could find a way to do it legally, I for sure would sell them, as a way to raise money to fund the Gridiron Uniforms Database. I'd definitely have to print a couple for myself first, to get them to come out right. Plus, I think I need to go back and edit all of the Super Bowl fields from 13 through 54, and update the directional arrows to be the appropriate size. That will be an undertaking in it's own.  

redbubble is a destination I'd consider

Something to keep an eye on, that I’ve noticed throughout the playoffs, but the team boxes seemed to have been extended 10 yards in either side. So now instead of a normal teambox extending from the 33 yard lines, they now seem to go from either 23 yard line. It’ll be interesting to see if that will also be true for the Super Bowl, and how they will paint the teambox. 

2 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Something to keep an eye on, that I’ve noticed throughout the playoffs, but the team boxes seemed to have been extended 10 yards in either side. So now instead of a normal teambox extending from the 33 yard lines, they now seem to go from either 23 yard line. It’ll be interesting to see if that will also be true for the Super Bowl, and how they will paint the teambox. 

Yea, I noticed that too. not numch of a problem on most fields, except the fieldturf cut in ones. But If I remeber correclty those stadiumns added those in after the surfaces were done. I will have to look. 

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

2 hours ago, DDG88 said:

Thanks.  Got to say you kind of inspired it when you started adding the walls and stuff to your Super Bowl fields.  I have done about 22 NFL stadiums. Working on the Rose Bowl.  Have a Coors Field and Pepsi Center (or Ball Arena now) that is interchangeable for the Nuggets and the Avalanche. (Yeah, I live in Denver)  It's a long process, about 20-40 hours to do one depending on how symmetrical the stadium is and if I can get a good seating chart and photos.  

Welcome to the fun! And yes this has been fun. (though a lot of work). 😉

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

5 hours ago, DDG88 said:

My guess is you're teasing a thread

4 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I think they have done that this year due to COVID, at least they did that in Florida for the high school teams so that we could be more socially distant.

8 hours ago, DDG88 said:

Well, it's impressive, and that crazy amount of work shows.

1 hour ago, kb105 said:

I think they have done that this year due to COVID, at least they did that in Florida for the high school teams so that we could be more socially distant.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. On most stadiums, you can still see the old lines faded out. If they keep this for the Super Bowl (I think they will), I'm hoping they still paint the team box.

Well, we've got our teams set, so I'll get working on some field ideas tomorrow. Last year, they started painting the field pretty early on, so it's that time of year to start looking for sneak peeks.

Here is the concept for the field I had done before this weekend, but I could easily see it being different. If the Chiefs go with a red endzone, I'd like to see if they use a different shade of red for both endzone. They should , but who knows with the NFL. It'll also be interesting to see if any social messages get painted on the sidelines, and at the back of the endzones. I have a strong feeling they will this year.

hrBkFXh.png

I went ahead and altered the team boxes, to reflect what the NFL has been doing in the playoffs. The white line on the team box starts just inside the 23 year lines, and extends back to the 30 yard lines. The yellow outline remains 6 feet back from the white line.

These field are ordered by what I'd expect to see, in most likely to least likely. Of course, I won't be surprised if we see something different or out of the ordinary this year, given the year it has been. I could see the possibility that the team boxes aren't even painted, but I still think they will paint them.

DNSqBPt.png

I'm thinking yellow endzone for the Chiefs, as they did last year. I saw a lot of "run it back" in Kansas City yesterday, so I think they'll repeat the yellow endzone. Given they are playing a team with a red endzone, I think it makes it more likely. For the Buccaneers, the wordmark is the same as on their home field. When they've painted their endzone red, they've kept the main color of the font black, instead of pewter, so I expect the same here (they are at their home stadium after all, so I expect them to stay consistent). 

QG9P8po.png

Next, Chiefs with a red endzone. Due to the difference in shades of red, I can't see the NFL using just one red for both teams. In the past, if shades of blue were notably different, they'd paint both shades. I tried seeing what a Chiefs wordmark in white would look like, and it makes their endzone so plain, just red and white, that I really can't see them doing a red endzone and a white wordmark.

F3QPcHu.png

Now this would be a fun field. Not likely that we see it, but who knows. Maybe the Buccaneers would go pewter to contrast the Chiefs red? Unlikely, but it would look great.

HDQAt3w.png

And last, this is just the other possibility, but it really doesn't seem possible that two teams that have red as their main color, would go without a red endzone.

• Like 4

Noticed on the Buccaneer ticket packages that were sent to season ticket holders today, Bucs bench will be on their normal side of the stadium, and the Chiefs end zone will be painted on the side of the field near the Pirate Ship landmark (North).  Bucs end zone will be painted in south end

Red vs Red endzone is of course the worst matchup. I think we will get Bucs with red endzone, Chiefs with yellow endzone (like last year).

Dream matchup would probably be red endzone for KC, pewter endzone for TB.

Even better would be that PLUS a different endzone design. No conference logos still makes the endzones feel like it is not a Super Bowl, but if like I was watching one of those games the NFL does in Mexico City or London.

The NFL Moves the Goalposts Overseas

I will never ever pretend to be anywhere near as talented as Pitt or anyone that actually knows how to do this. I just got images and pasted them on top of other images just to make a concept for fun... This would be close to my "ideal" design for a Super Bowl field... Too much stuff? Maybe the logos of the Bucs and Chiefs are a bit too big, but I feel like concept is understood here. To be honest, I may have different designs in the endzone as far as it does not need to be plain color. I loved how Super Bowl XL had the boxy design around the conference logo, for example. As far as the team boxes is concerned, maybe even the hashtags they use on Twitter would look good there instead of logo, who knows.

This is close from what the NFL had between Super Bowls XXXI-XXXVII, just with the actual logo instead of helmet on the 25s, to make those 'pop' more.

Of course dueling helmets in EZ are awesome, I thought about having something like dueling helmet on left with conference logo + wordmark + dueling helmet on right with either NFL shield (like in Super Bowl XXIX) or with the Twitter hashtag there No logo since those are already on the 25s.

Finally, I love paint on yard numbers and on the 2 yard lines, I'm just not that skilled to make it happen lol.

If anyone who actually knows how to do this wants to give it a try to see if it actually looks good or dumb, that would be fun.

ckaNaHy.png

• Like 1