Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

One yard short from the first ever OT Super Bowl. It's also a little weird to see the Titans and Rams use these wordmarks but without their city/state name included with them.

In most cases it seems the City/State is removed from the wordmarks for the Super Bowl. The only two I can think of that had the City/State were the Seahawks in XL and the Cardinals in XLIII, and Seahawks last year went without "Seattle". But it does seem more odd for the Rams in this one because "St. Louis" was more a part of their wordmark.

4603.gif

I found a couple interesting images for Super Bowl XXXVII and XXXIX fields while doing some research. Both of these images I found from Google Earth using the time machine thingy.

This is the Super Bowl XXXVII field from February 21, 2003

XXXVII_Google_Earth_02212003_zps2ce8bfc0

This is the Super Bowl XXXIX field from March 30, 2005

XXXIX_Google_Earth_03302005_zpsfd5e74de.

I just thought these were some unique images of the fields, but I should have XXXV done tomorrow.

Super Bowl XXXV: January 28, 2001 - Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Baltimore Ravens - 34         New York Giants - 7

P9baNCU.png

Super Bowl XXXV field without team boxes

Spoiler

YIw8LSf.png

This was the first Super Bowl that I can remember anything about, although all I remember was pregame, then I fell asleep until my Dad woke me up to watch the trophy presentation (I was 6). The field was much better than the game. This was the last Super Bowl in which the numbers were painted with the team colors. The only other Super Bowl with painted numbers was XLV, which had the Cowboys colors.

< Super Bowl XXXIV    First Post    Super Bowl XXXVI >

This thread is awesome dude, the only thing is that your helmets for the past few SB's are a bit off. I've been making fields as well for some time, and for XXXI-XXXVII, I came across this direct overhead shot of the ravens helmet for XXXV. I blew it up a bit, and then traced over it. The lines are still a little jagged, and I didn't add the white outline around the helmet (I couldn't find the version where I did). The brim of the helmet is a little higher, the facemask is a bit longer, and the overall shape of the helmet is a little different Here are the pics...

WwAPJ2O.pngKBAztLW.png

Super Bowl XXXV: January 28, 2001 - Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Baltimore Ravens - 34 New York Giants - 7

35_zps75ff39ea.png

This was the first Super Bowl that I can remember anything about, although all I remember was pregame, then I fell asleep until my Dad woke me up to watch the trophy presentation (I was 6). The field was much better than the game. This was the last Super Bowl in which the numbers were painted with the team colors. The only other Super Bowl with painted numbers was XLV, which had the Cowboys colors.

< Super Bowl XXXIV First Post Super Bowl XXXVI >

You talk about the greatest defenses to win a title, you have the regulars; the 70s Steelers, the 85 Bears, the 2001 Ravens, the 2003 Buccaneers and last years' Seahawks.

Baltimore really pushed the Giants around in this game; not allowing any offensive points. Allowing the Giants only score via a kickoff return TD. It just showed you how dominant that Ravens defense was.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

This thread is awesome dude, the only thing is that your helmets for the past few SB's are a bit off. I've been making fields as well for some time, and for XXXI-XXXVII, I came across this direct overhead shot of the ravens helmet for XXXV. I blew it up a bit, and then traced over it. The lines are still a little jagged, and I didn't add the white outline around the helmet (I couldn't find the version where I did). The brim of the helmet is a little higher, the facemask is a bit longer, and the overall shape of the helmet is a little different Here are the pics...

WwAPJ2O.pngKBAztLW.png

That's a good image, thanks.

I thought I had this one perfect, but it looks like I got to make some changes.

The problem with the helmets from XXX to XXXVII is that they are all different and not a standard helmet logo.

Here is what I currently have for the helmets:

SuperBowl35_zps2af070a8.png

I'm not sure about the stripe on the Ravens helmet either, it is really hard to tell if there is one, even from that picture. But I will make the changes here, and I think I'll add the stripe.

Great additions, pitt6pack

Maybe after you're done you can do teams regular fields

I was planning on just doing the current fields and the playoff fields for each team (no historic fields quite yet). All of these fields are part of a much bigger project I've been working on since 2012. I use the fields as part of a football simulation I've been writing in C#. It is mostly a fun project I could work on to learn computer science (since that's what I'm in school for). The Super Bowl fields are part of the simulation as well, but I started doing all of them first because I wanted to wait until this football season to do the regular fields so I could get them most up to date.

Here's how I've been using the fields I've been updating in my simulation.

EFL_v50_zpsc13b6119.png

I still have a lot of work to do for it, but once I have it at a point I'm happy with (mostly coding wise) I wanted to work on graphics in the concepts thread to get some input.

I find that his revelation that he was only 6 at the time of SB XXXV leaves me feeling quite ancient. Keep up the good work, this thread has brought back sooo many memories and I can't thank you enough for that.

Agreed! This sums it up perfectly!

iq5b7nF.png

Real Quick question, as you get closer to the Super Bowl games that have decorations for the team boxes. Are you planing to add those to the fields, or leave them off? If that is the case I have the duplicate profile, and I can add them after the fact, so it will not disrupt your computer program.

Edited by SFCOM1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I am also working on the exact dimensions for the field tray (yes it is an elevated, mobile tray they use here in Phoenix) at University of Phoenix Stadium (AZ Cardnials and the Site of Super Bowl XLIX).So that will assist the board in creating the SB field for this season.

Edited by SFCOM1

Real Quick question, as you get closer to the Super Bowl games that have decorations for the team boxes. Are you planing to add those to the fields, or leave them off? If that is the case I have the duplicate profile, and I can add them after the fact, so it will not disrupt your computer program.

I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. The first Super Bowl that I've seen to have the team box painted was XXXI, but for much of the Super Bowls it has been really hard to see whats actually there. So that might be something I add later on once I have a good enough idea of how they were all painted (mostly the older Super Bowls).

I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. The first Super Bowl that I've seen to have the team box painted was XXXI, but for much of the Super Bowls it has been really hard to see whats actually there. So that might be something I add later on once I have a good enough idea of how they were all painted (mostly the older Super Bowls).

I understand. Some of the team boxed where complicated, and some very plain. This past years Super Bowl in NY/NJ had no decoration at all. And some like SB XXXVII and beyond where really intricate.

Super Bowl XXXVI: February 3, 2002 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

St. Louis Rams - 17         New England Patriots - 20

lm7RiUR.png

Super Bowl XXXVI field without team boxes

Spoiler

6hSpnRw.png

Super Bowl XXXVI was the first post 9-11 Super Bowl, which is clearly reflected by the field and the changed Super Bowl logo. This was the first Super Bowl that I actually remember watching. I remember how it was a big deal for the Patriots to be introduced as a team, and how emotional a game it was with halftime and everything else.

< Super Bowl XXXV    First Post    Super Bowl XXXVII >

Super Bowl XXXVI: February 3, 2002 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

St. Louis Rams - 17 New England Patriots - 20

36_zpsde67a8a9.png

Super Bowl XXXVI was the first post 9-11 Super Bowl, which is clearly reflected by the field and the changed Super Bowl logo. This was the first Super Bowl that I actually remember watching. I remember how it was a big deal for the Patriots to be introduced as a team, and how emotional a game it was with halftime and everything else.

< Super Bowl XXXV First Post Super Bowl XXXVII >

Yeah, they had another Super Bowl logo they were going to use before 9/11 happened and made the patriotic Super Bowl logo, which Chris Creamer has as an unused Super Bowl logo in the logo database.

dm4r9ha8zuh8zuy1mocc.gif

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

St. Louis Rams - 17 New England Patriots - 20

36_zpsde67a8a9.png

< Super Bowl XXXV First Post Super Bowl XXXVII >

Yeah, they had another Super Bowl logo they were going to use before 9/11 happened and made the patriotic Super Bowl logo, which Chris Creamer has as an unused Super Bowl logo in the logo database.

dm4r9ha8zuh8zuy1mocc.gif

I plan on making an alternate field for if they had stuck with this logo and if there was no such thing as the "Tuck Rule" like in today's NFL.