Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

More endzones, more endzones!!! Please!! LOL

Can you clarify what you mean? Either way if your talking about current Super Bowl endzones, I'm making fields with the current Super Bowl endzones and the primary logo at midfield for each team. Those fields won't be for this site at all, just for the simulation I have been working on. But all of the endzones will have to be made at some point.

Sorry for not being more specific. Thank you for everything you've posted so far.

I was secretly hoping for something like a mismash of odd matchups for the endzones? Like an Eagles vs. Texans, Bengals vs. Lions?

Or different colors for teams, like a black Steelers, a burgandy Redskins, a yellow Packers...........

I guess I could do that later on when I get the endzones done with the other fields.

On a side note, something that relates to actual Super Bowl fields, as I was doing Baltimore's actual field I noticed that the wordmark used at M&T Bank stadium is exactly the same size as what was used in Super Bowl XLVII. Since the field is painted and not sewn in at M&T Bank I'm assuming they used the same templates for the Super Bowl that they have at M&T Bank. To me when I first saw the Ravens wordmark for Super Bowl XLVII I thought it seemed a bit wider than past wordmarks in the Super Bowl endzones (including the Ravens in XXXV), and this may be why. This certainly supports the theory that they did the same thing with the Seahawks wordmark in Super Bowl XLVIII.

I have also made the update to Super Bowl XLVII with the new tamplate, and I also made changes to the numbers and the two point line.

I figured I'd post this here since it regards my concept for Super Bowl XLIX.

I was just on NFL.com and I was shocked to see my concept for Super Bowl XLIX (or a thumbnail at least) on the site. For some reason they don't have a picture of Jeremy Hill so they replaced his face with a football field. This was just on the main page if you scroll down.

MyPic_zps8f53bcdc.png

I just need a double check on this to make sure I'm not seeing things or if something weird is going on with my computer.

Either way its pretty cool (well for me).

I was just on NFL.com and I was shocked to see my concept for Super Bowl XLIX (or a thumbnail at least) on the site. For some reason they don't have a picture of Jeremy Hill so they replaced his face with a football field. This was just on the main page if you scroll down.

MyPic_zps8f53bcdc.png

I just need a double check on this to make sure I'm not seeing things or if something weird is going on with my computer.

It appears to be you, because I just checked NFL.com's main site and Jeremy Hill has a "mugshot" player picture where you found the field picture.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

MyPic_zps8f53bcdc.png

It appears to be you, because I just checked NFL.com's main site and Jeremy Hill has a "mugshot" player picture where you found the field picture.

Than something weird is happening because I got this as well

mypic2_zps2fd7230b.png

Either way its odd because everywhere there is supposed to be a picture of Jeremy Hill I get the field. Found it on a couple other places on the site as well (including player of the week, the pro bowl ballot,and even Jeremy Hill's profile).

**** UPDATE ****

I restarted my computer and I still get a football field instead of Jeremy Hill so I have no idea what is going on there, but I get Jeremy Hill on my phone. I probably should have double checked that way first before freaking out about it. I can't think of any reason why this would happen though, maybe the page is looking for a certain URL and it happens to match exactly with the field picture on my computer or something, but I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally gotten through putting all the fields onto the new template. There was only one field that had any actual changes and that was Super Bowl XII. I changed a couple of things, which would be the color of the arrows on the Broncos side of the field, and the numbers 5 and 0. Originally I had red as the color for the arrows on the Broncos side of the field, but it doesn't make sense that they would be red. All the other striping and color is orange, and I had made the mistake before of coloring the shield and two point line red before changing them to orange. The 5 and 0 were just a bit off, only minor changes there as well.

So here is the updated field:

ha4ClAS.png

I also removed all the links to the website I made. I realized they serve no purpose anymore because I moved on from Photobucket, so I don't expect the images to disappear from bandwidth problems anymore. Plus its just more work for me to keep the website up to date when everything is already here.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a correction to Super Bowl I. The only necessary changes were the field dimensions and centering the endzone logos and wordmarks.

MopfNEN.png

< First Post Super Bowl II >

I knew this, but just remembered it from watching the Super Bowl I highlights, each endzone had a slightly lighter yellow border, maybe a foot or foot and half wide, inside the endzone. This is the best pic I could find without taking a picture of the TV with a cell phone.

960x540.jpg

iq5b7nF.png

Here's a correction to Super Bowl I. The only necessary changes were the field dimensions and centering the endzone logos and wordmarks.

MopfNEN.png

< First Post Super Bowl II >

I knew this, but just remembered it from watching the Super Bowl I highlights, each endzone had a slightly lighter yellow border, maybe a foot or foot and half wide, inside the endzone. This is the best pic I could find without taking a picture of the TV with a cell phone.

960x540.jpg

Good eye. I watched some good videos on youtube from this game as well and it looks like that strip borders the entire endzone. I'm leaning more towards 18 inches instead of a foot, but I'll try both and see which looks closer to the actual field. Here is a link to a video if anyone else has some input on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1_DlMapLo

Here is the update to Super Bowl I. I also increased the width of the horizontal hashes (the ones with pain around them).

k1Zqa6u.png

I am also working on some slight changes for Super Bowl IV, which include moving the outside hashes further from the sideline and widening the outline around the Vikings and NFL shield to match the outline width of the Chiefs and AFL logos.

< First Post Super Bowl I

Hey I love these. I have a request. Could you try doing XLIII and XLV with the outlines around the conference logos (the ones they used in XLI) but in grey instead of the light blue they used? I'm a fellow steelers fan and wanted to see how these would've looked in the end zones. Also, I think for the super bowl logos they can make it work with the current kind but make it more unique to the host city. Like the secondary logos they use with the stadium in the background should become the one and only logos. Also, they should incorporate the skylines of the cities like they did in XLVIII. I think the XLVIII was the best logo yet in the new format. They have a lot of potential and can become almost of a symbol like the Olympics' rings logo are.

Hey I love these. I have a request. Could you try doing XLIII and XLV with the outlines around the conference logos (the ones they used in XLI) but in grey instead of the light blue they used? I'm a fellow steelers fan and wanted to see how these would've looked in the end zones. Also, I think for the super bowl logos they can make it work with the current kind but make it more unique to the host city. Like the secondary logos they use with the stadium in the background should become the one and only logos. Also, they should incorporate the skylines of the cities like they did in XLVIII. I think the XLVIII was the best logo yet in the new format. They have a lot of potential and can become almost of a symbol like the Olympics' rings logo are.

I'm keeping this thread for just the actual Super Bowl Fields (and future predictions) but I'd be more then happy to fill your request in the Alternate Super Bowl Fields thread, since that's what the other thread was more designed for. Here is a link to that one, and I'll get to work:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/100748-alternate-super-bowl-fields-filled-some-requests/

!!! UPDATE !!! - I filled this request on the alternate SB fields thread here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/100748-alternate-super-bowl-fields-filled-some-requests/?p=2362103

I also finished with some updates to the Super Bowl IV field.

ZUgCVwn.png

The outer hashes are a bit further from the sidelines, and here is a side by side comparison of the Vikings logo changes (Chiefs logos did not change).

Old

4_Endzone_Logos.jpg

New

4_Endzone-logos_zps15e12cbf.png

< First Post Super Bowl IV

• 2 weeks later...

Super Bowl XLIX field predictions prior to championship weekend

Patriots vs Seahawks

mckymCO.png

Colts vs Seahawks

LGo31b5.png

Patriots vs Packers

AI4MYcY.png

Colts vs Packers

Yj8rcAl.png

All in all I'd say nothing too exciting to be expected, and a lot of blue. I'm predicting the blue in the NFL shield and NFC logo to change based on the endzones, lighter with the Colts, and darker with the Patriots. The red in the shield and AFC logo I would expect to be the same as the Cardinals use on their field. In my opinion the best out of all of these possibilities would be Colts-Packers, which would have no navy blue, and two different colored endzones, or at least not two blue endzones. Hopefully they'll surprise us, but I don't expect the actual fields to stray too far from what I have here.

I like the Colts/Packers one the best of the four combinations. I hope to at least document some of the field with some pics, (I put in for a media credential to take photos of the field when it is being installed, and the UofP facebook feed will also so some of the painting and layout as SB week moves on). as I am volunteering for the SUper Bowl here in Phoenix. I know this most likely is the template for the field, but one can hope they will add a bit more color!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Oops sorry I didn't see this thread. As I bumped the old jc thread from last year.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL. These endzones stink. Damn all these damn blue teams.

Rooting for a NE/GB game. Maybe the NE wordmark can be outlined in red?? Yeah, right.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO blue teams!!!!

I usually do some concepts, but your work is such top notch, I don't need to do them!

With that said, this will be the first Super Bowl, with the boring generic Super Bowl logo on grass.

I wasn't aware of your thread, but I consider myself to still be new here, so you'll have to cut me some slack. But I'm interested to see how they execute the logo on grass. They did a good job for Super Bowl XLII with the logos. I'm also interested in seeing what they do for the pro bowl, and if they will remove that paint somehow, paint over that, or re-sod.

I like the Colts/Packers one the best of the four combinations. I hope to at least document some of the field with some pics, (I put in for a media credential to take photos of the field when it is being installed, and the UofP facebook feed will also so some of the painting and layout as SB week moves on). as I am volunteering for the SUper Bowl here in Phoenix. I know this most likely is the template for the field, but one can hope they will add a bit more color!

I guess you can be the source of inside information, which would be great, and answer some of my questions above. It should be awesome getting to work so closely to the event, and hopefully you get the media pass. And I'll second more color.

Oops sorry I didn't see this thread. As I bumped the old jc thread from last year.

Rooting for a NE/GB game. Maybe the NE wordmark can be outlined in red?? Yeah, right.

Yeah, its not going to be very exciting, but I'm still hoping they surprise us. Maybe they'll outline the numbers or some yard lines, or better yet completely change the field for the better. Worst case the field template gets worse, like the national championship field did for NCAA. Can't say I was a fan of the black endzones, and the field was just so dull.

I usually do some concepts, but your work is such top notch, I don't need to do them!

With that said, this will be the first Super Bowl, with the boring generic Super Bowl logo on grass.

I wasn't aware of your thread, but I consider myself to still be new here, so you'll have to cut me some slack. But I'm interested to see how they excite the logo on grass. They did a good job for Super Bowl XLII with the logos. I'm also interested in seeing what they do for the pro bowl, and if they will remove that paint somehow, paint over that, or re-sod.

Your time here has nothing to do with it. Your contributions are greatly appreciated. I know there were quite a few people who asked many a time for a Super Bowl field Database, and you sir, knocked it out of the park! The "alternate" thread is probably my favorite. Thank you again!!!! :notworthy:

iq5b7nF.png

I wasn't aware of your thread, but I consider myself to still be new here, so you'll have to cut me some slack. But I'm interested to see how they excite the logo on grass. They did a good job for Super Bowl XLII with the logos. I'm also interested in seeing what they do for the pro bowl, and if they will remove that paint somehow, paint over that, or re-sod.

Your time here has nothing to do with it. Your contributions are greatly appreciated. I know there were quite a few people who asked many a time for a Super Bowl field Database, and you sir, knocked it out of the park! The "alternate" thread is probably my favorite. Thank you again!!!! :notworthy:

Well I appreciate the thanks :)

Can you please do a sb 50 with 49ers Raiders. Just curious to see how it would look

Sure but I'm going to post it in the Alternate Super Bowl Fields thread

I wasn't aware of your thread, but I consider myself to still be new here, so you'll have to cut me some slack. But I'm interested to see how they execute the logo on grass. They did a good job for Super Bowl XLII with the logos. I'm also interested in seeing what they do for the pro bowl, and if they will remove that paint somehow, paint over that, or re-sod.

I guess you can be the source of inside information, which would be great, and answer some of my questions above. It should be awesome getting to work so closely to the event, and hopefully you get the media pass. And I'll second more color.

Yeah, its not going to be very exciting, but I'm still hoping they surprise us. Maybe they'll outline the numbers or some yard lines, or better yet completely change the field for the better. Worst case the field template gets worse, like the national championship field did for NCAA. Can't say I was a fan of the black endzones, and the field was just so dull.

Thanks. I am up for one of the credentials, but they are hard to come by. I do know they re-sodded the field (actual playing area, not outside the 3yd border) for the Fiesta Bowl. For the last superbowl (XLII) they re-sodded over the top of the previous field. This time with just one week between the Pro-Bowl They might just re-do the entire field! I will find out more some time tis week. I plan to tour the stadium tomorrow, and will ask a couple of people I know.

News Flash. I think I am getting the credential, I will know in a day or two. And since the stadium is so far from "Superbowl Central" (the NFL theme and entertainment complex) and with the Pro Bowl also here. Super Bowl Media Day has been moved to Downtown Phoenix (Talking Stick Resort Arena nee U S Airways Arena), instead of the University of Phoenix stadium in Glendale. I think it's due to them opening up the event to the public (for a fee of course) and the re-sod and painting for the field for the Super Bowl!